Changing 50% Avios Flights

Old Feb 3, 21, 11:52 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: SFO/YYZ
Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 2,161
Originally Posted by routeone View Post
Again, another case of First class seats having more flexibility (i.e. being moved to a date beyond the original 50% avios offer of June 2021).

Has anyone had similar joy on tickets booked that were not First class?
I've moved both of my business class flights beyond those dates. TYO-LHR and LHR-SFO both originally booked for May/June, now Sept/Oct. No re-pricing of miles required, done online, got a tiny bit of tax back.
routeone likes this.
nexusCFX is offline  
Old Feb 4, 21, 1:11 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Posts: 898
Originally Posted by nexusCFX View Post
I've moved both of my business class flights beyond those dates. TYO-LHR and LHR-SFO both originally booked for May/June, now Sept/Oct. No re-pricing of miles required, done online, got a tiny bit of tax back.
Looks like calling is not what to do in this case - does MMB allow you change for any dates or only those with Avios availability ?
Will100 is offline  
Old Feb 4, 21, 1:12 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: SFO/YYZ
Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 2,161
Originally Posted by Will100 View Post
Looks like calling is not what to do in this case - does MMB allow you change for any dates or only those with Avios availability ?
The dates I changed to had availability.
nexusCFX is offline  
Old Feb 4, 21, 3:49 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 9,299
Originally Posted by routeone View Post
The issue seems to surround the expiration of the 50% Avios offer. Back when I took advantage of said offer in October 2020, flights had to be completed prior to the end of June 2021 (possible July 2021 - definitely one of the two!). Now that people like myself are looking to rebook fights which are scheduled to depart in the next 1-3 months to later into 2021, it appears as though this would nullify the original 50% avios offer.
It was 30 June - definitely not 31 July as I would have booked for July (summer holidays) if possible back in Oct during the 50% off promo.
routeone likes this.
SK AAR is online now  
Old Feb 4, 21, 3:53 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 9,299
Originally Posted by Will100 View Post
Looks like calling is not what to do in this case - does MMB allow you change for any dates or only those with Avios availability ?
Often there is no option of rebooking in MMB (e.g. my cancelled Avios ticket to MEX in May where CPH-LHR has been cancelled) and if possible to rebook, it will require award availability. You can't rebook an Avios ticket into revenue class in MMB

Much better to call BAEC for rebooking.
SK AAR is online now  
Old Feb 4, 21, 5:57 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,148
I moved my March Singapore F flight to September online as it seems like once it gets cancelled its hit and miss as to whether you get get rebooked online or by phone (and there was plenty of availability)

Not that hopeful of going but its doing no harm sat there as a "maybe"!
sammyg901 is offline  
Old Feb 4, 21, 12:24 pm
  #82  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,246
Singapore moved

Annoyingly, whilst I could move my First tickets, it was only upto 1 year from booking, annoying as after Oct there was a lot more Avios availability.

Lets hope come sept I can fly, otherwise Im in Pula instead.
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Feb 4, 21, 2:57 pm
  #83  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hilton Silver, Accor Silver
Posts: 15,719
I have LHR-SIN-LHR out in J and back in F booked for June (with 50% off Avios and an Amex 2 for 1). In MMB I can move the inbound F flight to any date (for no difference in Avios and a small tax/charges refund), but it keeps saying 'no availability' when trying to move both the outbound and return together, despite there being plenty of availability and the dates within the 2 for 1 expiry.
Genius1 is offline  
Old Feb 4, 21, 3:00 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 377
Voluntary Flight Change

I'm not sure if I have understood the terms of changing 50% Avios bookings on a voluntary basis. I have flights LHR-ORD in April book d with 50% Avios discounts and use of a 2-4-1. We currently will not be allowed to fly but, in any event, we have no wish to take the flights currently as our 2nd vaccination is due during the month we would be away. I went into MMB to see if I could make a change and it says they can only be changed by telephone. Should I expect to be able to rebook up to 12 months from the original ticket issue without having to use any extra Avios (although finding F reward availability may be a challenge). Given the inconsistency of advice given by BA agents, is this a potential HUACA scenario?
Definitas is offline  
Old Feb 4, 21, 3:59 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Definitas View Post
I'm not sure if I have understood the terms of changing 50% Avios bookings on a voluntary basis. I have flights LHR-ORD in April book d with 50% Avios discounts and use of a 2-4-1. We currently will not be allowed to fly but, in any event, we have no wish to take the flights currently as our 2nd vaccination is due during the month we would be away. I went into MMB to see if I could make a change and it says they can only be changed by telephone. Should I expect to be able to rebook up to 12 months from the original ticket issue without having to use any extra Avios (although finding F reward availability may be a challenge). Given the inconsistency of advice given by BA agents, is this a potential HUACA scenario?
it sounds as though every case is different.

Some are having joy making wholesale changes via MMB to their 50% avios / 2-4-1 flights, regardless of flight class, whilst others seem to being told a different story on the phones to BA agents.

Our flights (LHR-HND-LHR) arent due until late April, so Ill likely hold off on making any sort of decision until closer to the time, but its nigh on certain we wont be travelling with BA this calendar year I fear.
routeone is offline  
Old Feb 4, 21, 4:09 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 377
Originally Posted by routeone View Post
it sounds as though every case is different.

Some are having joy making wholesale changes via MMB to their 50% avios / 2-4-1 flights, regardless of flight class, whilst others seem to being told a different story on the phones to BA agents.

Our flights (LHR-HND-LHR) arent due until late April, so Ill likely hold off on making any sort of decision until closer to the time, but its nigh on certain we wont be travelling with BA this calendar year I fear.
I am not even sure why I cant change the booking via MMB unless its because it used a 2-4-1. Given that it is a booking in F I will be at least be able to ring you first although someone already reported getting conflicting information from them too
Definitas is offline  
Old Feb 4, 21, 5:20 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,246
Originally Posted by Definitas View Post
I am not even sure why I cant change the booking via MMB unless its because it used a 2-4-1. Given that it is a booking in F I will be at least be able to ring you first although someone already reported getting conflicting information from them too
I was able to move my F booking made with a CV (formally 2-4-1). Moved beyond end of June (50% deadline) to Sept. Sadly no further as it hit 12 months validity.
routeone likes this.
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Feb 5, 21, 3:34 am
  #88  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England
Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
I was able to move my F booking made with a CV (formally 2-4-1). Moved beyond end of June (50% deadline) to Sept. Sadly no further as it hit 12 months validity.
As stated upthread - this appears to be completly hit or miss. I moved our F flights (including 2-4-1) from April to July. The agent even confirmed to me on the phone that there would be no additional Avios to pay, but 6 weeks later the Avios were taken from my account wthout any further communication.
bakera is offline  
Old Feb 5, 21, 3:39 am
  #89  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 377
Originally Posted by bakera View Post
As stated upthread - this appears to be completly hit or miss. I moved our F flights (including 2-4-1) from April to July. The agent even confirmed to me on the phone that there would be no additional Avios to pay, but 6 weeks later the Avios were taken from my account wthout any further communication.
That is ne of my concerns. Do BA record the conversations? You may be able to get the Avios back if you can show you were advised incorrectly. I guess I am going to have to look for availability and make the dreaded call
Definitas is offline  
Old Feb 5, 21, 4:38 am
  #90  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England
Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by Definitas View Post
That is ne of my concerns. Do BA record the conversations? You may be able to get the Avios back if you can show you were advised incorrectly. I guess I am going to have to look for availability and make the dreaded call
The response I received after trying to claim the points back acknowledged that the agent had made a mistake and further training was going to be provided - as far as refunding the Avios I was told tough luck.
bakera is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread