Changing 50% Avios Flights

Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Silver (exPPS:(, Tesco sad, FR 0.01
Originally Posted by KARFA
if you check for availability just using the reward booking page is there any?
That is indeed what I checked first - Reward Availability tool does show plenty of available dates next months, but no those dates are confirming when I am trying to change my flight (even cancelled one only) in MMB as per cancelation/rebooking process. Quite weird as I see many people can process their unvol changes without issue in MMB.

Forgot to mention - I have a connecting flight SZG-LHR (but it under DIFFERENT booking PNR) - it has been also cancelled. I will probably just grab FTV for it and will see how to get to LHR for long-haul flight as normality will/hope return to EU flights next months. I don't think rebooking process of LHR-SIN flight should be affected/blocked by a connecting cancelled flight still not processed yet (or my first cancelled flight might block all further flights in MMB?).
Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by GBOAC
Considered voluntary just in an online context. I presume in terms of rights to change for no extra charge, as soon as one leg is cancelled, the whole booking can be amended, correct?
It should be indeed by all common sense, but seeing the screen showing outbound flight is cancelled but inbound still confirming - who knows how this is presumed for unvol/vol logic built into BA system...
Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mishkira
It should be indeed by all common sense, but seeing the screen showing outbound flight is cancelled but inbound still confirming - who knows how this is presumed for unvol/vol logic built into BA system...
now one flight in the booking is cancelled you can change the whole booking under the involuntary change allowance. You need to do one change for the whole booking though in one go, so you can't change the outbound now and the inbound at a later stage. Once you have done your one free change, any further changes will be voluntary and subject to reward availability.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:49 am

now one flight in the booking is cancelled you can change the whole booking under the involuntary change allowance. You need to do one change for the whole booking though in one go, so you can't change the outbound now and the inbound at a later stage. Once you have done your one free change, any further changes will be voluntary and subject to reward availability.
Wholeheartly agree and that is how it should work. There is even message on the screen "Choose the flights you want to change. Theres no extra charge (!)".
But whatever dates I select - no go, "There is no availability for selected date. Please change your date.". Grrr
Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:55 am

Wholeheartly agree and that is how it should work. There is even message on the screen "Choose the flights you want to change. Theres no extra charge (!)".
But whatever dates I select - no go, "There is no availability for selected date. Please change your date.". Grrr
sometimes mmb does not work on these kinds of things, so you would have to call instead.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 5:23 am
Original Member

I have the same. One flight cancelled. Checked and reward seats are available for my preferred dates before the end of June but get the same message
Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
MMB doesnt let me get any further than change my booking, the error message states the person who made the booking needs to log in.

Could this be an issue with a household account (where both of us effectively contributed the Avios)?
Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Will100
MMB doesnt let me get any further than change my booking, the error message states the person who made the booking needs to log in.

Could this be an issue with a household account (where both of us effectively contributed the Avios)?
if you have been around long enough (which i think you have ) you will know MMB changes may not work if the wind changes direction.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
if you have been around long enough (which i think you have ) you will know MMB changes may not work if the wind changes direction.
Ill try the desktop version.

I just wanted to see if it will allow changes past June as a May trip to LA is dodgy at best.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: Executive Club
I have a 2-4-1 LHR-JNB-LHR booking 28/4-8/5 on the 50% deal - amazed it's yet to be cancelled. Is the consensus that if BA don't cancel, it's impossible to transfer to another location at the 50% deal later in the year?
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Guys, once a flight is cancelled, it is almost certain you can't rebook the award ticket in MMB. As stated above you need to call.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Harchy
I have a 2-4-1 LHR-JNB-LHR booking 28/4-8/5 on the 50% deal - amazed it's yet to be cancelled. Is the consensus that if BA don't cancel, it's impossible to transfer to another location at the 50% deal later in the year?
No you can't rebook to after 30 June. Neither change of destination is possible.

If you need that, cancel and book a new ticket at the next Avios 50% off sale.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Guys, once a flight is cancelled, it is almost certain you can't rebook the award ticket in MMB. As stated above you need to call.
Yeah, wouldn't let me book any date past my original return date... irrespective of award availability (I double checked every day I was trying).
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: Executive Club
So I can cancel myself and get taxes and points back, minus 35 cancellation fee?
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Harchy
So I can cancel myself and get taxes and points back, minus 35 cancellation fee?
Yes, of course. Any time until departure. Call BAEC to do it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.