Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA LHR to LGW Transfer Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2021, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

BA LHR to LGW Transfer Question

Looking at flight options in March - arriving from the US on BA with an onward BA connection to a long-haul African destination (ACC) that is being moved from LHR to LGW on my travel date. Any help on the following questions would be much appreciated:

1. Future is uncertain, but given current UK rules, can Americans even make an onward connection at a different airport today?
2. Anyone care to make a prediction on how things might evolve be in March?
3. Why move ACC to LGW from LHR? I thought BA was consolidating at LHR. Should I just book my flight thinking that they will cancel the LGW move.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 4:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
1. Yes, that's OK at the moment, just fill in the PLF. You could stay overnight if you wish, but you need to self isolate at the hotel.
2. Nope. On past performance, things will be very different from today.
3. It's a largely point to point route, and where BA has an effective monopoly. If they had to move something over to LGW, presumably to retain slot presence, then this is was an easier choice than the other options.
casterpix343 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Where's ACC?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by windsock
Where's ACC?
Accra, Ghana.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 5:58 am

Just to confirm that BA will not transfer you or your luggage.

If you are alone then the National Express coach is a good option usually but frequency is very reduced currently so I'd recommend organising a prebooked car. If its on your dime then BA Transfer (no relation to BA!) is a cheaper option I've used many times, if I was charging it to my company card I'd use Addison Lee. Its around a 45min-1hr drive all being well on the motorway

BA seems to have moved a couple of routes that have few connections and high Y demand so are more appropriate for the Gatwick fleet - Islamabad is another
casterpix343 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.