Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004

Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Print Wikipost

The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004

Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LasVegasBuck
Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for a request like this to be processed? On 30 May I was downgraded from First to CW at the gate due to a broken seat, even though it wasn't even my seat. I sent them the below email last week, this was a paid reservation and I am now BA silver. I send this to the email address listed on the from letter they gave me at the gate
At the moment this could take a month or more. I hope you followed the advice upthread and sent this claim via YouFirst, that may speed it a bit, but this one would require some investigation.
LasVegasBuck likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Gold ; Hilton Gold
duplicate

Last edited by LasVegasBuck; Jun 7, 2022 at 4:47 pm Reason: double post
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Gold ; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
At the moment this could take a month or more. I hope you followed the advice upthread and sent this claim via YouFirst, that may speed it a bit, but this one would require some investigation.
Thank you for the reply. It wouldn't let me file via You First, it kept erring and said I was within 72 hours of travel. Guess I will just have to wait

The Customer experience manager at the gate kept commenting on how well I was taking the downgrade, I asked her if it ever did any good to throw a fit and make a scene, she said no. It would be nice if they were as quick to respond as they are to downgrade. I have another First Flight from SFO to LHR on July 1st, will be interesting to see if this is resolved by then
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Hi everyone,

I've just had a flight tomorrow cancelled from T5. Expertflyer shows the code INDN, I've been put on another flight 6 hours later, will I get delay compensation for this or is it an extraordinary circumstance ?

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by firstlight
I've just had a flight tomorrow cancelled from T5. Expertflyer shows the code INDN, I've been put on another flight 6 hours later, will I get delay compensation for this or is it an extraordinary circumstance ?
The "N" at the end indicates that BA doesn't think you will get compensation. I don't remember seeing this code before myself, but a first guess is that it means "INDustrial action".
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The "N" at the end indicates that BA doesn't think you will get compensation. I don't remember seeing this code before myself, but a first guess is that it means "INDustrial action".
Thanks. I'm interested to know that there is industrial action, perhaps this is at Paris Charles De Gaulle as I can't see any news of it here.

edit... confirmed CDG workers are on strike and flights to / from CDG will be reduced by 25% tomorrow it appears

Last edited by firstlight; Jun 8, 2022 at 7:29 am Reason: more information on CDG strike action
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Reimbursement for Delayed Baggage Expenses pending for over 75 days (since 24-March)

Back in March, BA managed to mishandle my bags, and I arrived in Cape Town with nothing but the clothes I'd been wearing for the 2-days I'd been traveling. The baggage-clerk that took my report at CPT told me to buy what necessities I needed, and send the receipts to BA via their website, which I did just as soon as my bags were finally delivered to me. It's not a huge amount - just a new set of clothes to wear and some toiletries. For a time, BA sent me automatic replies, about once a week, apologizing for the delay in replying to me, as follows:
  • April 5th, E-mail subject: "We're on the case"
  • April 9th, E-mail subject: "We'll be in touch"
  • April 16th, E-mail subject: "Thank you for bearing with us"
  • April 23rd, E-mail subject: "Sorry you're still waiting"

And, since then - crickets.

I've written once to update the case, asking what's going on - but no further replies.

What can I do to get this resolved?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Once you are 8 weeks past your initial complaint, you can and should raise a complaint with CEDR, though it's not an EC261 matter as such. The alternative, depending on where you live, is a small claims court case, so if UK based that would be MCOL.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:12 pm

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this one. I’m assuming BA can still see if luggage was delayed on a flight if I am no longer in possession of the BAPP#, foolishly misplaced. It was delayed luggage into GLA and I collected it there later in the day off the next flight vs getting it delivered. However I would still like to claim for the modest expense incurred alongside the inconvenience, if they will be able to see that at their end?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that should be OK since presumably you still have the PNR and ticket number and they can find things via those details. Always good to photo stuff like this!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:07 pm

Yes, that should be OK since presumably you still have the PNR and ticket number and they can find things via those details. Always good to photo stuff like this!
Thanks, lesson learned. Hopefully they can view the details at their end.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
It depends on whether you can banking details to BA as part of this claim, or whether BA have simply refunded to your original point of payment. And also how the original payment for your ticket was done. But if for example you did not provide banking details AND you paid for both tickets yourself then I would expect the other 400€ to follow in a day or two. Either way you would need to wait 3 weeks from that message before complaining about it. Sometimes mistakes are made with payments but usually they can be quickly rectified.
Thanks CWS , I made a claim for EC261 for the two pax on the reservation which was a BAH booking to ATH. BA accepted the claim (26MAY) and their email stated ËUR 400.00 per customer and that the total amount would be paid to the bank account if provided or cheque by post". Amount received in bank account (07JUN) was EUR400.00 converted to GBP but the other compensation of the second pax is missing. I know that BA sometimes does payments separately but just curious why it was not released under the same batch, maybe because I am a Gold member and my mother not? Very strange, hopefully it gets rectified as the name of the customer claiming does not necessarily needs to match the bank account as you can claim for everyone in a booking entitled to a compensation for EC261 to be paid on the account of one of the pax.

Have chased this up to CS and waiting for a reply...
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by giansil
Thanks CWS , I made a claim for EC261 for the two pax on the reservation which was a BAH booking to ATH. BA accepted the claim (26MAY) and their email stated ËUR 400.00 per customer and that the total amount would be paid to the bank account if provided or cheque by post". Amount received in bank account (07JUN) was EUR400.00 converted to GBP but the other compensation of the second pax is missing.
OK, well leave it until 14 days and then start a new complaint, for your mother's side. It's probably just been overlooked.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Did you tick the box on the claim authorising the compensation for all passengers to be paid to you?
As an aside I received payment yesterday for the claim I submitted on 2 April. I received the £ equivalent of €600 per person even though I quoted the statutory instrument which amended this to £520.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by peter3102
Did you tick the box on the claim authorising the compensation for all passengers to be paid to you?
As an aside I received payment yesterday for the claim I submitted on 2 April. I received the £ equivalent of €600 per person even though I quoted the statutory instrument which amended this to £520.
Would you mind quoting it here, please?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.