Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Print Wikipost

The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
However another FTer has kindly given some details about BA227 LHR to ATL which you can use in the event of any challenge:

So the aircraft had a malfunctioning air conditioning unit which could not be fixed in a timely way on Sunday afternoon in London. This aircraft would then turnaround at ATL, but on the occasion it's being held overnight to run 24 hours later.
Thank you, sorry should have spotted that, much appreciated.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
How to proceed, your advice gratefully received. I have reviewed the wiki but not sure I am reading the most up to date info? Anyway - my flight TLV-LHR in February was cancelled - I requested expenses and the EC compensation. Recently I received an email granting me my expenses but denying the EU compensation as the cancellation was due to the pilot in the UK having Covid. With helpful info on here that this was not justified due to it being home based I pushed back and have now received another email - with this included - I’ve had another look at your claim for compensation and I’ve taken time to make sure our response is accurate and up-to-date. Based on this, our decision hasn’t changed and the response you’ve received about the eligibility of your EU compensation claim are correct. Would this consititute the language that allows me to now go down the CEDR route - and is this generally accepted as the best way over MCOL? The expenses have already been transferred to my account. As always - thanks to all the amazing people on here willing to spend their time helping others!
Old May 30, 2022, 7:18 am

Hi I have just submitted a claim as I arrived 7 hours later than I should have on my original destination time yesterday

Just looking for some facts as I was due to fly out on BA254 from BGI - LHR then onward on 1 ticket on the BA 1306. Does anyone know the reason of the BA255 on the 28th May as my app just stated my flight was delayed becuase of a late arriving aircraft so it would be good to know the reason and if I have a claim or not.

The other part is how is any claim worked out as far as is it from start to end destination, as I was 1 hour 36 mins late on 1st flight into LHR which meant my connection to ABZ was missed and ended up being 7 hours late getting into ABZ compared to my original booking due to flights being full.

Is my claim on the local part (2nd flight) 250 euros for under 1500km or would it be based on the full PNR ticket from BGI_LHR_ABZ which is 600 euros for over 3500km
Old May 30, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
CEDR must be inundated with claims. I am now on Day 15 of the 15 working day initial assessment phase on what should be a straightforward scope decision.
Looking forward to receiving an update later today that they are proceeding with my claim....
Old May 30, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Tootall33
How to proceed, your advice gratefully received. I have reviewed the wiki but not sure I am reading the most up to date info? Anyway - my flight TLV-LHR in February was cancelled - I requested expenses and the EC compensation. Recently I received an email granting me my expenses but denying the EU compensation as the cancellation was due to the pilot in the UK having Covid. With helpful info on here that this was not justified due to it being home based I pushed back and have now received another email - with this included - I’ve had another look at your claim for compensation and I’ve taken time to make sure our response is accurate and up-to-date. Based on this, our decision hasn’t changed and the response you’ve received about the eligibility of your EU compensation claim are correct. Would this consititute the language that allows me to now go down the CEDR route - and is this generally accepted as the best way over MCOL? The expenses have already been transferred to my account. As always - thanks to all the amazing people on here willing to spend their time helping others!
As your flight was in February you have passed the 8 week threshold and can go straight to CEDR. The deadlock language is only required if you want to go to CEDR within 8 weeks of the flight.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SheepyAFC
Hi I have just submitted a claim as I arrived 7 hours later than I should have on my original destination time yesterday

Just looking for some facts as I was due to fly out on BA254 from BGI - LHR then onward on 1 ticket on the BA 1306. Does anyone know the reason of the BA255 on the 28th May as my app just stated my flight was delayed becuase of a late arriving aircraft so it would be good to know the reason and if I have a claim or not.

The other part is how is any claim worked out as far as is it from start to end destination, as I was 1 hour 36 mins late on 1st flight into LHR which meant my connection to ABZ was missed and ended up being 7 hours late getting into ABZ compared to my original booking due to flights being full.

Is my claim on the local part (2nd flight) 250 euros for under 1500km or would it be based on the full PNR ticket from BGI_LHR_ABZ which is 600 euros for over 3500km
Your claim is for Ł520 per passenger because your journey was over 3500km.
SheepyAFC and bisonrav like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by masped
As your flight was in February you have passed the 8 week threshold and can go straight to CEDR. The deadlock language is only required if you want to go to CEDR within 8 weeks of the flight.
Thank you. Is there a link to any advice on how to go about doing this - or is it pretty self explanatory in their website?
Old May 30, 2022, 8:08 am

Thank you. Is there a link to any advice on how to go about doing this - or is it pretty self explanatory in their website?
The process is designed to be straightfoward. Go to the website: https://www.cedr.com/consumer/aviation/ Download and fill in the Aviation Application Form. Follow the instructions on the form to submit.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by JeffBHD
CEDR must be inundated with claims. I am now on Day 15 of the 15 working day initial assessment phase on what should be a straightforward scope decision.
Looking forward to receiving an update later today that they are proceeding with my claim....
Mine went to about 21 (working) days and then said it was eligible. Then they gave BA an astounding 60 working days to respond, citing 'COVID'. Wish I'd gone to MCOL now.
I can thoroughly recommend subject access requesting all information BA hold about you for the ticket, complaint, BAEC account. Despite not bothering replying to me in 8 weeks, my complaint was 'closed' after 3 weeks without informing me. And I also got a recording of the telephone call I had with them completely backs up my side of the story, not the notes they put in to 'close' the complaint, which unsurprisingly says the opposite of what I actually said, and was clearly put in to undermine my complaint... Terrible company.
Old May 30, 2022, 11:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
. Would this consititute the language that allows me to now go down the CEDR route - and is this generally accepted as the best way over MCOL?
I would think CEDR is OK for this on the basis of not having any cost to you and being more user friendly to handle. It is self explanatory on the website, but make sure you mention that easyJet and El Al were flying on the same day (if indeed they were doing so).
Old May 30, 2022, 11:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SheepyAFC
The dispatch code for BA255 is "ZO" which means operational. I would guess something like the late arrival of baggage to the thold, since on a route like that they dare not leave the bags behind to maintain punctuality. That would not extraordinary circumstances.
SheepyAFC likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Just received an email from BA regarding a flight cancellation in April. I have asked for compensation as per EC261 plus reimbursement for some food I had. BA agreed to pay both. Many thanks to Tobias who informed the reason the flight got cancelled. Now waiting for the cheque
Old May 31, 2022, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would think CEDR is OK for this on the basis of not having any cost to you and being more user friendly to handle. It is self explanatory on the website, but make sure you mention that easyJet and El Al were flying on the same day (if indeed they were doing so).
Thank you - I have made the CEDR claim today, all very straightforward as you said. I shall keep the thread informed. *Almost* felt guilty filling it out as was on the phone with an inordinately helpful and sweet Exec Club operator at the same time who managed (after about 30 mins of trying) to book my companion voucher ticket to Marrakesh as the website couldnb't handle it.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Just had an entertaining and somewhat illogical response from Customer Relations as below where they paid the outbound cancellation but not the return flight although they cancelled both 9 days before departure.. I assume this isn’t a good enough response and I should now ask them if this is their final position?

Old May 31, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
We were on the BA flight LHR to ZTH on Sunday 14:25

We taxied off stand then they had a tech issue with the intercom. After trying to fox they went to stand and got a engineer. By the time it was fixed some crew were out of hours.

When new crew arrived they discovered ZTH would close before we got there

so we flew out Monday at 10:00 (same flight number)

We ended up paying for 7 nights in hotel but can only use 6 nights.

Anyone know what I can claim from BA and what I need to go to my insurance for

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.