Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Electronic or hard copy of Covid test certificate?

Old Jan 2, 21, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Does BA T5 check-in require a hard copy of a covid test certificate? Another thread on this forum detailed a recent trip report where the passenger states that the check-in process was severely delayed due to many passengers turning up with no hard copy. I would have thought that the electronic version would be sufficient these days. I've looked on ba. com and can't see any guidance on this. Is it a BA requirement to show a printed copy? Seems odd in this e-age.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 4:07 am

I know easyJet don’t, at least for France... perhaps it’s country-specific?
Old Jan 2, 21, 4:22 am

Programs: AA, BA, BD, NH
AA as well as US health authorities were happy with electronic version when I travelled from UK last week.
Old Jan 2, 21, 5:07 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
Country dependant. UAE, for example, insist on paper copy.
Paren and GUWonder like this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, Shell Go+
Originally Posted by Cluster One View Post
Country dependant. UAE, for example, insist on paper copy.
Yes, I believe the airlines have to follow what the destination requires, as opposed to setting their own requirements for certain things.

E.g. when I flew to BLR some weeks ago, I was redirected to another check in area due to India requiring BA to take a temperature check of all passengers before boarding.

I assume it's similar in this scenario too. I would just print a hard copy off to be on the safe side but show the electronic copy for convenience.
Old Jan 2, 21, 5:40 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
Basic travel caution: for such an important document, always have at least one hard copy, if not two in separate luggage. On top of any electronic copy you might have.
Old Jan 2, 21, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post
Basic travel caution: for such an important document, always have at least one hard copy, if not two in separate luggage. On top of any electronic copy you might have.
I agree of course, however, in my scenario I may not have my result by the time I get to London prior to my connecting flight. In that scenario it's not as straight forward as just printing out copies at home before leaving.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 8:43 am

Programs: AA - EXP
Originally Posted by northeastflyer View Post
I agree of course, however, in my scenario I may not have my result by the time I get to London prior to my connecting flight. In that scenario it's not as straight forward as just printing out copies at home before leaving.
Do you have lounge access? I've printed more in lounges than at a Kinkos !

Edit: probably can't get into the lounge without a boarding pass... but in my experience, you can find somewhere to print something in an airport. I paid someone in a book shop somewhere landside to print a visa document.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 8:53 am

In October BA insisted on seeing the “original” which was a printout of the pdf I got.

I thought I could print in the lounge too, but as pointed out you may not be able to get airside before seeing an agent. I fortunately had a copy printed, I actually wouldn’t know where to print in T5 landside.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Wasn't there a comment somewhere in here that the lounge printers (at least the BA LHR lounges) were unavailable?
Old Jan 2, 21, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Wasn't there a comment somewhere in here that the lounge printers (at least the BA LHR lounges) were unavailable?
Last I was in a lounge I think I saw the computers and printers, but I didn’t check if they were actually functional.
Old Jan 2, 21, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There may be occasions when someone really cannot obtain a hard copy. But, unless it is truly not possible, I would always assure that I have a hard copy of every required document in a file folder in my briefcase. What is your backup plan if your phone or laptop fails?

Also, always worth checking TIMATIC for the specifics. If border control requires a hard copy on arrival, then one must have one and one ought to expect check-in / gate agents to verify that.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Freddorick View Post
Last I was in a lounge I think I saw the computers and printers, but I didn’t check if they were actually functional.
When I was in the F lounge back in September the whole business centre was cordoned off. Not sure if it's available now though.
Old Jan 2, 21, 10:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Some destinations require hard copy some dont.

Printed in Galleries south is wifi enables and I used it last month direct from my phone (to print covid pdf as it happens)
Old Jan 2, 21, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
If one has a COVID test on the day of departure in LHR T5, surely the testing site will offer a printed version as well as send an Email.

Does anyone have any experience of T5 testing, please?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: