FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Airport Upgrades (AUP) promotion 2021/22 thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2031599-airport-upgrades-aup-promotion-2021-22-thread.html)

Pilot37 Oct 25, 2021 6:55 am

Originally Posted by c1223 (Post 33672288)
Do the AUP prices change at all with how busy the flight is and what fare booking classes are available? I.e. if there's a lot of I class vs only D

Also if there's no WT+ availability is it still possible to leapfrog from Y into J?

The price pre-covid use to be pretty sticky, but I definitely get the sense BA (and their revenue dept) are taking a more dynamic approach to AUP pricing at present as can be seen from some of the prices people are paying. I guess if a cabin is virtually empty, a few extra pounds for somebody to upgrade is better then getting nothing if they kept the price high! Y to J jumps can usually be done even if there is no space in the cabin in-between.

Reference point yesterday - LHR - NCL = £49

Pilot37

GallyChef Oct 26, 2021 4:06 am

Ba 281 LHR-LAX today was £599, with 3 seats remaining in F. No honeymoon "special" available, I asked 😉. Too rich for my blood

Confus Oct 26, 2021 5:19 am

Originally Posted by c1223 (Post 33672288)
Do the AUP prices change at all with how busy the flight is and what fare booking classes are available? I.e. if there's a lot of I class vs only D

Also if there's no WT+ availability is it still possible to leapfrog from Y into J?

At the moment I think there’s a fixed price per route for simplicity, so if it’s available then it will always be the same price (I think they’re reviewed fortnightly), but obviously no guarantees that it will be available at all.

Yes there are still multi-cabin options. Y-J does not depend on W availability, there will be a price available for both Y-W and Y-J moves.

MaxFlyer Oct 26, 2021 5:25 am

Originally Posted by saleemarshad (Post 33672232)
LHR - DXB WTP to CW LHR £629 (10/2021)

That is extortionate (for me anyway)!

Yuff Oct 26, 2021 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer (Post 33675029)
That is extortionate (for me anyway)!

Where is it possible to access the upgrade, at check in at the airport or doing the check in online?

edit:just read the very informative wiki 🤦🏻‍♂️

JD1905 Oct 27, 2021 2:35 am

BHD > LHR - £59

Decided to take it after being in the pub and having had a few... convinced myself if was worth it for the extra TP's (Not sure I was right mind.)

benmacd Oct 27, 2021 10:51 am

25/10 EDI > LHR - £59

Decided to go for it, the extra TP were welcome.

WillTravel4Food Oct 27, 2021 11:37 am

Yesterday, 26 October, LHR-SEA - £399 CW-F.

Took it purely for the AS EQM. The extra EQM will get me back to OW Emerald for 2022. Turned out I was the only passenger in F, which I was somewhat expecting given EF showed an empty cabin. I had my pick of the entire menu for both meals.

OnslowSW7 Oct 27, 2021 11:13 pm

Today LHR-MAD, ET to CE for £90. Decent as it’s a B787 and a lie flat seat appreciated on an early (albeit short) flight…

HP28 Oct 31, 2021 9:07 am

I’m due to fly to PHL in a few weeks in CW (upgraded from WTP using avios).

What would you deem an acceptable price to pay to upgrade to F on this route? It would be my first time in F on a 787? Do BA allow you to upgrade using Avios at LHR?

Also, can I go straight to the first wing to try to upgrade at the check in desk? Or would they refuse me entry?

Thanks

ermis177 Oct 31, 2021 9:10 am

Originally Posted by HP28 (Post 33689946)
I’m due to fly to PHL in a few weeks in CW (upgraded from WTP using avios).

What would you deem an acceptable price to pay to upgrade to F on this route? It would be my first time in F on a 787? Do BA allow you to upgrade using Avios at LHR?

Also, can I go straight to the first wing to try to upgrade at the check in desk? Or would they refuse me entry?

Thanks

If I am not mistaken you cannot upgrade using Avios as you already upgraded from WTP to Club. Not sure if you can upgrade with money either.

HP28 Oct 31, 2021 9:19 am

Originally Posted by ermis177 (Post 33689952)
If I am not mistaken you cannot upgrade using Avios as you already upgraded from WTP to Club. Not sure if you can upgrade with money either.

Thanks. That would be a shame.

I might try on the day. Assume I can still try via the first wing?

Tredders Oct 31, 2021 9:31 am

Originally Posted by ermis177 (Post 33689952)

You can upgrade with cash following an Avios upgrade. I upgraded to F from CW (following an Avios upgrade from WTP) a couple of weeks ago, coming back to LHR from DFW. I had a bargain cash offer of $275 for this, and my new F boarding pass had a description of “First upgrade special promotion” on it, so don’t know if there’s an official promo on at the moment.

eugnk Nov 4, 2021 8:20 am

4-Nov
LHR -> YUL
WTP -> CW
459 GBP

c1223 Nov 8, 2021 3:03 pm

LHR - MIA / MIA - LHR AUP Price

If anyone is flying LHR - MIA or MIA - LHR in WT and wouldn't mind asking for the AUP price to W and J that would be much appreciated. I've got a flight in a few weeks that is looking wide open at the moment, so would be good to see whether I UUA or try my luck at the airport.