Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel hopes & wishes for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by yachtmaster2017
Currently booked all refundable trip to SIN... in November 2021.
See my post immediately below yours!
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
As I have just spent 11 months in the UK for the first time in 30+ years, I will be grateful for any trip abroad at all!
Kgmm77 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Based in SIN, wish the government would remove the 2 weeks enforced quarantine that inbound travellers need to pay at local hotels. Costs SGD 2,200 per person inclusive of PCR test, but excludes laundry charges by the hotel and any additional foods to be delivered to supplement the poor meal choices given. For a typical family of 4, this works out to a non trivial monetary and time additional cost, which effectively cripples any travel!!

I have booked BA to Europe in the summer for the family... but unless this requirement is removed, it's likely that we'd have to cancel.
Good info. That is indeed very expensive. If that holds in Nov 2021, we will most definitely cancel.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
gosh, i have not been back to the US since october 2019 and have 6 trips booked between march and september. im not worried about those because i can easily go but it is more the domestic flights i have booked starting in june that im worried about if the US covid situation does not massively improve.

Keep in mind there is not one single "US COVID situation", it differs greatly depending on state. Here in Florida things are getting close to normal.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Just hope to get home to my parents in UK. Been a year and until they have the vaccine can't really justify the risk. Fingers crossed
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Well..........we'd given up on Bulgaria Skiing in Feb long ago so what's left.

Workwise, would like to resume some work based travel, tbh I doubt I'll ever go back to the pre COVID levels for a number of reasons, 50% of that would be ideal.

Personal, well.weve just booked the family to Lalandia/Legoland in Denmark late August which should be fine now, the only other thing I have is my FTV use/TP run out to eastern Europe, then off to West coast US and back late May....think that's still in the balance.

Guess we'll know more as the vaccine rolls out and a clearer picture comes as to how long it's going to take to get it, hoping they can open and staff 24x7 centres to expadite.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by TTmex
Just hope to get home to my parents in UK. Been a year and until they have the vaccine can't really justify the risk. Fingers crossed
Yeh, that's tough, good luck.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by pfreet
Keep in mind there is not one single "US COVID situation", it differs greatly depending on state. Here in Florida things are getting close to normal.
That's interesting - just from the numbers I was reading (to be fair, not that closely) it looked like FL was still in the thick of it.

If restaurants and entertainment venues are open again, that really is good news
Old Jan 1, 2021, 2:35 am

I've had a bit of a punt on what (in my mind) is a decent deal for an F flight to Boston at the end of August. I think approx £1800 for a return F is worth the gamble. Its probably the first and only time I will be able to pay for a seat in that cabin.

If things are still restricted we can re-arrange the flights, although any large changes in fare may rule out F later on. Or we could cancel and receive a voucher for future travel.
This might not be ideal, but we'll end up going somewhere at sometime, which as a worst case scenario isn't too bad at all in the grand scheme of things!
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pfreet

well yeah, and my US life is spread between boulder, co and sf, la and nyc! in march im going to sf so hopefully stay at home orders are lifted by then but who knows...and ideally by summer time almost all states will be in a decent situation, fingers crossed!
Old Jan 1, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Right now we have two trips to the US planned - one FL/SC (PGA Championships and to visit with family) in May and one in September (Ryder Cup postponement and to visit family). I haven't been home since August 2019 and a lot of health stuff has happened in the meantime, so it would be really, really nice to see my parents but I will need to be vaccinated at some level first. I'd like to tack on a flight out to LA/Santa Barbara (from Milwaukee) during that September trip.

Independent of the above, we need to go to Sweden to see family and I'd like to go out to Lithuania to see friends. A city break to Paris or Rome (neither of which I have visited before) would be neat. And an extra beach holiday in there somewhere - either the Caribbean or Malaysia - but that wouldn't likely be until the end of the year.

Obviously all of this is up in the air but if we can at the very least make the US trips, I will be ok with that level of travel for 2021.
VSLover likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Based in SIN, wish the government would remove the 2 weeks enforced quarantine that inbound travellers need to pay at local hotels. Costs SGD 2,200 per person inclusive of PCR test, but excludes laundry charges by the hotel and any additional foods to be delivered to supplement the poor meal choices given. For a typical family of 4, this works out to a non trivial monetary and time additional cost, which effectively cripples any travel!!
Indeed. I gave up and flew back to London in August as I am in a lucky position where I can work remotely from pretty much anywhere right now and would rather be around my family in the UK. I really do feel for people stuck in APAC countries away from their extended families. My travel hope and wish and dream is that Singapore tones this down somewhat, at least for people with a right to live/work there. Sadly at this point I am incredibly doubtful that anything like that will happen pre Q3 at the very earliest. Even that might be too optimistic.

Plenty of other trips booked for the next few months while I'm locked out, though. Dubai in Jan. Caribbean in Feb. Few optimistic US jaunts planned, too.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
I have LAS booked for the end of March 2021. I was hopeful til recently but now I’m sure it won’t happen I usually make multiple trips to LAS every year and last year my only trip was February so I’m getting major withdrawal symptoms! If the US reopens by March I’ve decided I’ll go whatever; even if I have to re-route via LAX.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
I hope and wish for 960TP £900 TATL business class fares, and £180 160 TP CE routes.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
im a simple man. i just want to fly.
Flying Yazata likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.