Search

BA/Oneworld Airports to explore in 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:55 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
BA/Oneworld Airports to explore in 2021

Given the recent threads about miles flown and segments etc I thought it would be nice to think optimistically and aspirationally about what places/airports we plan to explore on BA/Oneworld in 2021. What are your most wishes places, or airports you really hope to revisit on the network and why?

I will start of by saying I really wanna make it back to:
SGN - and the horrible room of a CX lounge there (airport is probably the least interesting thing to do in and around SGN)
SIN - because I miss the chilli crab and the pure coolness of the country (and the great lounges!)
TLL - despite having been 5/6 times (including the infamous trip with KARFA), I never properly explored and my otter half hasn't been in this part of the Baltics

And I wanna visit for the first time:
TIR - never been and had it in back of my mind for years to go and explore the country)
IQT - alas LIM is discontinued by BA but really hoping to explore the food scene back in Easter 2020 and then pop down to IQT on LATAM - those were the plans...)
INN - for the landing between mountains and some winted 2021 cross-country skiing

PVR - We did MEX, CUN and SJD in Mexico and love the country, despite what some may call 'american' price influences and tipping, but I heard great things about the hotels and places here and in Oaxaca down south!
MOW - now that russia is gonna have evisa for our passports from Jan 1 it's no brainer to finally visit!
Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Wanna? Have you been mixing with those folks down the rear of the aircraft on recent trips?
anniegray and krispy84 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:58 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by madfish
Wanna? Have you been mixing with those folks down the rear of the aircraft on recent trips?
It's all cool down south innit
madfish and MatJarosz like this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 8:50 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I wanted to visit all EU/EEA capitals before losing my free movement rights, which I more or less succeeded in doing, therefore my next goals are the rest of Europe: TIA, KBP, PRN I believe are served by BA

Then I would like to do more of the Middle East as I have yet to go into the cities of AUH, AMM, MCT, (KWI - not your typical tourist destination but there is something I want to do there)

Hopefully Australia removes its quarantine requirement by the end of 2021. Although I am a citizen I have not really spent that much time there so I would like to live there for a while - basically every airport served by QF is a oneworld airport and there are too many to list. Also it is a better base from which to visit the Pacific Islands than having to go all the way from the UK every time.
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 8:58 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by :D!
I wanted to visit all EU/EEA capitals before losing my free movement rights, which I more or less succeeded in doing, therefore my next goals are the rest of Europe: TIA, KBP, PRN I believe are served by BA

Then I would like to do more of the Middle East as I have yet to go into the cities of AUH, AMM, MCT, (KWI - not your typical tourist destination but there is something I want to do there)

Hopefully Australia removes its quarantine requirement by the end of 2021. Although I am a citizen I have not really spent that much time there so I would like to live there for a while - basically every airport served by QF is a oneworld airport and there are too many to list. Also it is a better base from which to visit the Pacific Islands than having to go all the way from the UK every time.
I think KBP is now no longer part of BA network, alas!
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
For 2021, I’m keeping my aspirations relatively close to home, with nothing longhaul planned. OSL, to take in the Atlantic Road, and LIS will be firsts. Beyond that, ATH, CPH and ARN would be return trips.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:33 am

I’d love to do the trips I was meant to be doing this year but alas didn’t, i.e.:

1) Patagonia (from Punta Arenas to Coyhaique - via Torres del Paine, Cerro Torre, Cerro Castillo)
2) Grand Teton (overland from Denver on a friend’s Ford Bronco that has alas gone to car heaven)
3) Ladakh (originally it was just a week’s recce but dreaming of a three week stay costs nothing)
4) the Russian trail from Longyearbyen, out on foot and back by boat.

However, given that I’m probably third to last in the queue to get the vaccine, I very much doubt that I’ll do any of these four. Also, and perhaps controversially, I don’t know whether any of these would’ve happened on BA. As much as I have fond memories of the airline I’ve been treated badly by the company’s HR this year, a full 16 months after I left and having to call to basically do everything related to vouchers has grown old on me.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
MOW - now that russia is gonna have evisa for our passports from Jan 1 it's no brainer to finally visit!
you can't be British then.... i have two visits to Russia lined up so that'll be another Ł500 in visas gone
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:11 am

....TLL - despite having been 5/6 times (including the infamous trip with KARFA), I never properly explored and my otter half hasn't been in this part of the Baltics...
Very interesting post and thread, although I must confess I am wondering if this is misspelled or not!
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Given the recent threads about miles flown and segments etc I thought it would be nice to think optimistically and aspirationally about what places/airports we plan to explore on BA/Oneworld in 2021. What are your most wishes places, or airports you really hope to revisit on the network and why?

I will start of by saying I really wanna make it back to:
SGN - and the horrible room of a CX lounge there (airport is probably the least interesting thing to do in and around SGN)
SIN - because I miss the chilli crab and the pure coolness of the country (and the great lounges!)
TLL - despite having been 5/6 times (including the infamous trip with KARFA), I never properly explored and my otter half hasn't been in this part of the Baltics

And I wanna visit for the first time:
TIR - never been and had it in back of my mind for years to go and explore the country)
IQT - alas LIM is discontinued by BA but really hoping to explore the food scene back in Easter 2020 and then pop down to IQT on LATAM - those were the plans...)
INN - for the landing between mountains and some winted 2021 cross-country skiing

PVR - We did MEX, CUN and SJD in Mexico and love the country, despite what some may call 'american' price influences and tipping, but I heard great things about the hotels and places here and in Oaxaca down south!

Thoroughly recommend PVR, my favourite winter destination . Normally go for a month this time of year, missing it sooo much
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
I’d like to visit LGW in 2021
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:28 pm

I want to get back to two of my favourite places in USA -NYC & Vegas. I know they’re not everyone’s cup of tea but both hold very special memories for me. We were due to go this year but obviously that got canned. Assuming by Aug 2021 things are back to “normal” then I’ll tick both of those boxes as part of my honeymoon

Outside of that, I’ve a weird hankering to go to ANC (dunno why) and I want to get back to CPT (another cancelled 2020 trip)
Old Dec 30, 2020, 2:40 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Very interesting post and thread, although I must confess I am wondering if this is misspelled or not!
No I did mean Tallinn
Old Dec 30, 2020, 2:41 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ayearinmx
you can't be British then.... i have two visits to Russia lined up so that'll be another Ł500 in visas gone
Indeed, one has multiple nationalities

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.