Wiki Posts
Search

WTP seat manufacturer?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/VS Gold
WTP seat manufacturer?

I'm trying to find out what third party seats BA uses for WTP but am pulling a blank on Google.
More specifically, I'd love to know if BA uses the Recaro PL3530 (possible on the A350s/797-10s?)

TYIA!
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rhysflies
I'm trying to find out what third party seats BA uses for WTP but am pulling a blank on Google.
More specifically, I'd love to know if BA uses the Recaro PL3530 (possible on the A350s/797-10s?)

TYIA!
Whatever it is, it looks pretty much the same as the new Emirates PE seat.
TTmex likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Yes, I am fairly certain IAG ordered a sizeable batch of the Recaro PL3530 seat for both BA and Iberia
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:32 am
Suspended

Looks like that seat to me. It seems not all seats will get the calf rest though, which is a shame.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Prospero
Yes, I am fairly certain IAG ordered a sizeable batch of the Recaro PL3530 seat for both BA and Iberia
That was going to be my reply too before I saw your reply/ Recaro demonstrated the BA seat at one of the travel fairs (when there were such things), along the way to get a bid in for the EK putative product.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 11:35 am

WTP on the 788, 789 and newer models are made by Recaro indeed.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
See today that emirates have changed the game for PE. Are they also recaro but just with a lux finish? The table coming out of seat looks like a similar concept.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by TTmex
See today that emirates have changed the game for PE. Are they also recaro but just with a lux finish? The table coming out of seat looks like a similar concept.
I am pretty sure it’s the same seat. The only difference is that BA went with a cloth cover and grey for the tray/cocktail table, Emirates went with leather and wood effect. IMHO, the BA cabin looks a lot more sleek and modern.
TTmex, Cap'n Benj, JFX1764 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:58 am

See today that emirates have changed the game for PE.
Or rather, they will if they ever put it on more than half a dozen aircraft, which is their current plan. Style over substance, Emirates?!
Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Confus
Or rather, they will if they ever put it on more than half a dozen aircraft, which is their current plan. Style over substance, Emirates?!
It will be on the 77X as well as the A380.

As for style over substance, enjoy your cardboard box.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
How have they changed the game? Is there loads more legroom and proper leg rest or similar?
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
How have they changed the game? Is there loads more legroom and proper leg rest or similar?
It's the same seat as BA, just a different colour. So, hardly a "game changer" in the way they marketed the new F.
JFX1764 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It's the same seat as BA, just a different colour. So, hardly a "game changer" in the way they marketed the new F.
More legroom than BA no? 40” pitch and that makes quite a chunk of difference.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by tom139
More legroom than BA no? 40” pitch and that makes quite a chunk of difference.
BA has 38”. So although the extra leg room on EK might be nice, it’s definitely not game changing.
1Aturnleft likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.