Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

KARFA has joined the forum's Ambassador team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KARFA has joined the forum's Ambassador team

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2020, 4:20 pm

We need an "anointing ceremony" live streamed on FT...
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 4:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Tallinn (TLL) mini DO : Sat 6th May 2017, plus TLL meetups on other dates

It gets interesting, in this respect, from about post 1400 onwards.
betrayed by my ambassadorial colleague
Old Dec 25, 2020, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
I refer you to post 1475. You were going to be dobbed in by either me or @Jamier45, and I don't swear as much as him. So you should be grateful really.
BA5E, Tobias-UK, alex67500 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:15 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
We need an "anointing ceremony" live streamed on FT...
Shhhh ... KARFA’s not yet been taken through the initiation process .
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:20 am

KARFA who?

rb211.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:36 am

I wish I had been on FT back then. Would have loved a modest FT Do in my hometown.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:31 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au

oh the shame KARFA, the shame! 😮

I am most disappointed you didn’t do a Ryanair trip report! https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28278545-post1467.html

a great bit of the thread to read! 😂 #prayforKARFA indeed. Or should that be #saveKARFA given he’s likely of 1980s vintage.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by gliderpilot

I am most disappointed you didn’t do a Ryanair trip report! https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28278545-post1467.html

a great bit of the thread to read! 😂 #prayforKARFA indeed. Or should that be #saveKARFA given he’s likely of 1980s vintage.
I say he is likely if he squeezed into 80s
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:08 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Congrats KARFA - well deserved! I remember my time as a newbie and benefited big time from your help and support.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:02 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Congrats KARFA, well deserved. Safe travels everyone.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Having left the carnage drinks with KARFA whilst he was still relatively sober, I can with a fair degree of confidence say he was pretty sober! We were staying in the same hotel and he was last seen entering his room at a relatively early hour with appropriate ambassadorial demeanour. What happened after that goodness only knows! The other interesting story from that weekend was the nameless person whose luggage for an overnight stay consisted of a phone charger and a coat.......
BA5E, T8191, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:43 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Although I am an ambassador somewhere else , I too would like to welcome KARFA to the 'ambassadorial ranks' in general. Unfortunately there are no ambassadorial robes involved and no special luggage tags..

I am a regular visitor to the BA forum as it is my airline of choice for short haul travel in Europe and have picked up good time from KARFA's 'writings' so the appointment is certainly deserved.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Such wonderful news and great that the benefits that KARFA has already brought to this forum for many years are now being formally recognised and more people can benefit from the passion and diligence for travel, and particularly BA, that KARFA demonstrates.

I am lucky enough to have had a drink or two with this fine young man and, though my travel has greatly reduced after moving to Dorset, I've still been able to benefit from his time and knowledge and my limited travel is always more enjoyable thanks to him.

Well done to the best team on the best board on FT!!
BA5E and KARFA like this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:44 pm

Seriously, congratulations, KARFA, if anyone deserves this honour (who doesn't already have it) it is you!

rb211.
BA5E and KARFA like this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by gliderpilot

My favorite KARFA story is the JER-LGW flight back from the last Jersey Do. I was seated next to KARFA in row 1. He was enthusiastic because this flight completed his BA A319 collection at the time (meaning it was the only BA A319 he had not flown until this flight).

When the lovely cabin crew member stopped by to give the rare “double GGL greeting”, KARFA explained the special occasion. She looked at me with a look of “is this guy seriously this detailed” (I’m perhaps being overly kind with the word detailed) and I gave back some sort of acknowledging smirk + eye roll. To this day KARFA insists that she was impressed with his achievement, so I let him believe that’s how it happened.

Congrats KARFA on the ambassador achievement and thanks for all of the helpful support and entertaining memories over the years!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.