Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone travelled on BA flight from UK to India in Dec 2020

Old Dec 23, 20, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Anyone Travelled on BA277 recently and got tested at home?
Old Dec 24, 20, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, Shell Go+
Welcome Spk001

I'm not sure about HYD but a relative was due to fly out to BOM today, however, that flight was cancelled (as expected). However, BOM is also in one of the states where officials are testing incoming passengers every few days at the moment I believe, but rules and procedures are constantly changing, and they differ between states, so it's difficult to keep up.

I recently returned from BLR and no testing upon arrival or departure, only temperature checks. A negative test certificate was required for me upon arrival into BLR, which I already had.
Old Dec 24, 20, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Standard Operating Procedure for Epidemiological Surveillance and Response in the con

Ok thanks Paren - here is what I found as SOP, which is pretty comprehensive......:

https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/SOPforS...ov2variant.pdf
Paren likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Dec 24, 20 at 5:46 am Reason: Activate link
Old Dec 25, 20, 12:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Spk001 View Post
Ok thanks Paren - here is what I found as SOP, which is pretty comprehensive......:

https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/SOPforS...ov2variant.pdf
Thanks for sharing. My wife travelled to BOM on BA on the 19th Dec (just before the announcement of this new Covid variant). No one has contacted her so far... letís see
Old Dec 25, 20, 4:04 am
Original Poster

I had the govt healthcare professional contact, come home and take the sample - result came back in a day, thankfully tested negative. Good luck, it’s pretty stressful to think about yourself and family you are visiting and thinking about the SOP they are operating under.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 20, 1:23 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Spire
Thread Hijack>> Sorry
I hope to fly BA 139 to BOM Jan 2nd , and with above info..
Anything any of the FT crew may to want to add..
Old Dec 29, 20, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, Shell Go+
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel View Post
Thread Hijack>> Sorry
I hope to fly BA 139 to BOM Jan 2nd , and with above info..
Anything any of the FT crew may to want to add..
At the moment, I've had a few people tell me that BOM requires a negative PCR certificate to be produced to immigration (even those travelling domestically). This, I believe, is BOM specific at the moment at least (other airports may not specifically ask for a PCR certificate but just a negative certificate of some sort).
Old Dec 30, 20, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Paren View Post
At the moment, I've had a few people tell me that BOM requires a negative PCR certificate to be produced to immigration (even those travelling domestically). This, I believe, is BOM specific at the moment at least (other airports may not specifically ask for a PCR certificate but just a negative certificate of some sort).
Thats correct, I had to have a negative test within 72 hours before flying to BOM in December.

BA139 to BOM is now not scheduled until January 7th, as per updated Indian Government updates.
Old Dec 30, 20, 6:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel View Post
Thats correct, I had to have a negative test within 72 hours before flying to BOM in December.

BA139 to BOM is now not scheduled until January 7th, as per updated Indian Government updates.
Do you know how BA is rebooking affected passengers? Are they allowing re-booking on other airlines: OneWorld (QR) or others (Etihad, Emirates, etc)

My wife is scheduled to fly on BA 139 on 4th. Waiting for the flight to be cancelled before we can rebook
Old Dec 30, 20, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by kosy91 View Post
Do you know how BA is rebooking affected passengers? Are they allowing re-booking on other airlines: OneWorld (QR) or others (Etihad, Emirates, etc)

My wife is scheduled to fly on BA 139 on 4th. Waiting for the flight to be cancelled before we can rebook

I doubt that she will be allowed to travel.

https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-...ted-covid-19-1

2. Airlines operating flights to/from India from other countries shall not board any passenger travelling from United kingdom to India and shall ensure that no passenger coming from united Kingdom is boarded in a flight for any destination in India either directly or indirectly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: