Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2021 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I cant find any prices for London to Male this summer. When will they be released?

Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by etiene
Any clues on Avios availability with QF long haul? Looking near (but not at) end of schedule, and seeing e.g. decent JL availability but no QF. Does it get snapped up by their flyers…? Just not releasing any due to covid/other reasons?
I have heard that QF opens up most award availability to their own members.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I have a novice question.

(1) I have an award booking using Avios to fly on AA. The flight date is beyond (July 2022) the expiration date (May 2022) of the Avios in my account. Should I be concern?
TIA.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I have a novice question.

(1) I have an award booking using Avios to fly on AA. The flight date is beyond (July 2022) the expiration date (May 2022) of the Avios in my account. Should I be concern?
TIA.
How can that be? You must have redeemed Avios sometime after July, 2021, to obtain a July, 2022, award. Redeeming BAEC Avios automatically extends their expiration by 36 months:

"Your Avios stay with you as long as you collect, spend, purchase or share at least one Avios every 36 months — any longer and your Avios will expire and be removed, so remember to take action before those three years are up."

Source:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...you%20collect.
allset2travel and AJA_ like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Can I use Avios to get a CW seat, and then pay to upgrade to F? There's no F availability but lots of CW.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
How can that be? You must have redeemed Avios sometime after July, 2021, to obtain a July, 2022, award. Redeeming BAEC Avios automatically extends their expiration by 36 months:

"Your Avios stay with you as long as you collect, spend, purchase or share at least one Avios every 36 months — any longer and your Avios will expire and be removed, so remember to take action before those three years are up."

Source:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...you%20collect.
Thanks for the advice and link. I will read thru it later.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
I have a paid J trip to SIN in February 2023. The first leg of the trip is from EDI to LHR in CE and then J to SIN. When I try to upgrade the LHR-SIN flight to F, using Avios, I get an error, because it tells me I cannot go any higher than CE from EDI and I can't separate the flights into four legs, it's EDI to SIN and vice versa. Any ideas how I can solve this please?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Exsilver
I have a paid J trip to SIN in February 2023. The first leg of the trip is from EDI to LHR in CE and then J to SIN. When I try to upgrade the LHR-SIN flight to F, using Avios, I get an error, because it tells me I cannot go any higher than CE from EDI and I can't separate the flights into four legs, it's EDI to SIN and vice versa. Any ideas how I can solve this please?
you would have to call to do the UuA unfortunately
Exsilver likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Exsilver
ba.com doesn't handle mixed class connections very well. I've had similar issues for years and I've only ever got this sorted by phoning.
Exsilver likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:58 am

I was looking HEL-DOH-SGN and noticed that BA charge more avios for this route than QR's own privilege club. Now that the two programs are somewhat combined it's easy just to send some avios to QR program and book the award.
Exsilver likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
you would have to call to do the UuA unfortunately
Thanks, it's not urgent, or very important, so I'll wait till things settle a bit, then call.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
ba.com doesn't handle mixed class connections very well. I've had similar issues for years and I've only ever got this sorted by phoning.
Thanks, I'll do that in a while.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Sorry for my newbie question. I’m trying to redeem my BA Avios for the first time on a flight from LAS to PHX (via AA) on 4-29 but the BA site says there are no economy award seats for the entire week. American Airlines shows award availability (does it have to be saver availability?). Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
Sorry for my newbie question. I’m trying to redeem my BA Avios for the first time on a flight from LAS to PHX (via AA) on 4-29 but the BA site says there are no economy award seats for the entire week. American Airlines shows award availability (does it have to be saver availability?). Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, it has to be saver availability.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
Thanks in advance.
Unless you have an aversion to flying Southwest, they are offering one-way fares of $79 on your date on their early morning and late evening nonstops. If the times work for you, that's not a bad deal -- and it's only a 70- or 75-minute flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.