Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London/SE England in Tier 4 + countries with UK flight ban : impact on BA travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
Latest guidance

From Heathrow Airport Limited, 22:14 GMT 19 Dec
Following UK Govt. advice, if you are in Tier 4, you should not be travelling unless it is legally permitted. If you’re in Tiers 1-3, you can still fly from Heathrow but should carefully consider whether you need to.

In light of the new tier restrictions, passengers should NOT plan unnecessary time at the airport. Please allow 2 hours ahead of departure for short haul flights and 3 hours for long haul flights.

More information can be found here

List of countries and territories currently restricting travel from the UK, from CWS's post 294, last updated at 18:30 GMT.
- Albania (till January 6th)
- Algeria
- Argentina
- Austria
- Belgium
- Brazil (post 589)
- Bulgaria
- Canada
- Chile
- China (Mainland)
- Colombia

- Croatia
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic (406)
- Ecuador
- El Salvador (also South Africa)
- Estonia
- France (48 hours for the moment)
- Finland
- Germany

- Gibraltar
- Hong Kong (also South Africa)
- Hungary
- India
- Iran
- Ireland
- Israel (also restricting Denmark and South Africa)
- Italy
- Jamaica (2 weeks, see post 397)
- Jordan
- Kuwait
- Latvia
- Lithuania

- Malta (339)
- Mauritius
- Morocco
- Netherlands
- North Macedonia
- Norway
- Oman (all countries)

- Pakistan
- Panama (also South Africa, post 409)
- Peru
- Poland
- Portugal
- Romania (from this afternoon, this morning's flight has gone ahead).
- Russia (1 week for now)
- Saudi Arabia
- Seychelles (until end of Jan - ref BA Holidays agent)(461)
- Singapore (from 2359 on Dec 23)

- Slovakia
- Spain (343)
- Sweden (also Denmark) (362)
- Switzerland (also South Africa)
- Tunisia
- Turkey (also Denmark, NL.)
Print Wikipost

London/SE England in Tier 4 + countries with UK flight ban : impact on BA travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2020, 4:31 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, once again we’ve had to remove a large number of posts casting moral judgments which are wholly off-topic and unhelpful in what is supposed to be a help thread for those still able to legally travel (of which there are many).

Members may wish to avail themselves of the provisions of rule 16 and act in the spirit of it before this minor split becomes a chasm that requires much more stringent mod action than the light touch we’ve been able to apply thus far.

Originally Posted by FT rules
Deceptive, Dishonest, Illegal Or Fraudulent Posting
Posts that misquote or mischaracterize other posts or members, or contain deceptive, dishonest or knowingly inaccurate information are not allowed.

Supporting, encouraging or promoting illegal activity or fraud upon an individual or company is prohibited.
The mod team
James91 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Isle of Scillies is definitely out. Police there turned back tier 4 residents that bowled up on Christmas Eve. Local people pleased but asked why IOS Skybus allowed them to board.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oceanscape
I have to laugh at all the Instagram influencers jetting off to the Maldives at the moment for NYE holidays and virtue signalling about how they've got their work paperwork (one referred to it as their "official work travel letters") in order to allow them to travel for "work purposes". Definitely NOT a holiday(!) and frankly hilarious how they're trying to "cover their a**" so they can post their stories and pictures worry free of criticism over rule breaking.
Travelling is a travel blogger's job. Nothing illegal or immoral here.
PeaSouper, flyerkit and James91 like this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Dec 27, 2020 at 10:22 am Reason: Remove off-topic mask reference
Old Dec 27, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by James91
But there are no Border Police at ARN for intra-Schengen? Or you mean someone at AMS / CDG would take issue?
Based on reports from friends who visited me in Stockholm recently, there are passport checks for all flights. They are very swift and easy, but there usually is someone checking your ID.
James91 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by the810
Based on reports from friends who visited me in Stockholm recently, there are passport checks for all flights. They are very swift and easy, but there usually is someone checking your ID.
Fair enough. But I would be on a EU passport, not a UK one.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Here is an interesting one for your thoughts.

Currently staying in Portugal for a few months to escape the cold and Bugs in the UK. However my father died a few days ago, and I need to return for the Funeral in early January, travel from Portugal to the UK is not banned for UK nationals, but returning is. I have contacted the Portuguese embassy, but no luck so far, any thoughts on how to return to Portugal?

There are no restrictions on travel by road within the EU (I can drive to Spain for example) but crossing the border into France/Spain seems a little harder.

Many thanks,
Old Dec 28, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Agree on the first bit, disagree strongly on the second. You are surely aware that the first is fact and the second opinion?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 5:30 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
A travel blogger encourages people to travel. Is doing that at a time when travel is being discouraged moral?
krispy84 and londonba2014 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Any chance we could give the morality discussion a rest?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
For someone who actually has to be in Maldives for work I'm happy the country is re-opening for tourists, the locals were really hurting (as a lot of countries but being that exposed to T&H was a killer)
Old Dec 28, 2020, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by all ahead full
Here is an interesting one for your thoughts.

Currently staying in Portugal for a few months to escape the cold and Bugs in the UK. However my father died a few days ago, and I need to return for the Funeral in early January, travel from Portugal to the UK is not banned for UK nationals, but returning is. I have contacted the Portuguese embassy, but no luck so far, any thoughts on how to return to Portugal?

There are no restrictions on travel by road within the EU (I can drive to Spain for example) but crossing the border into France/Spain seems a little harder.

Many thanks,
Sorry to hear about your dad but I don't know how you can return to Portugal as a non resident. Maybe if you were to transfer via Amsterdam?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:37 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, we are once again veering wildly away from any BA connection, and indeed this thread seems to have been hijacked in spite of several mod notes.

It is therefore closed for a period for moderator review to see if it’s viable to continue to host it.

/mod
James91 and 86BA7 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.