Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reroutings after the cancellations - and the 4 flights to qualify

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold

My family and I have been put on MH flights LHR/KUL after the mass cancellations a few days ago. For my family (although not me) this makes it unlikely they will get four flights in on BA metal in the year. Does that mean they will lose their status, even though the reason stems from BA cancelling their original flights?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Unfortunately, yes. However, you might try writing this to BA and ask them to honor the 4 segments, also provide your booking references for the cancelled BA flights on your feedback form. If they deny your request, unfortunately, you would go back down to Silver and other family members would also drop a status. Just to be clear, BA would not do this automatically, so need to contact them.

I am in the same in a similar situation, currently have 4 cancelled BA segments and currently have 1125TP+ travel this year with other airlines and I couldn't rebook with BA due to border restrictions for the 4 cancelled segments ( USA does not allow me to transfer via LHR so I booked another airline via the refund way ). I really hope that I'm not going down to Bronze where I should be Gold. By the way, I am a September Tier Year end member so I am waiting a bit before I write my request to BA.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Have a look at the Original Routing Credit guide, which is found via the BA Forum Dashboard. Generally BA will credit the eligible / qualifying flights upon request, see for example the experience of PAL62V at post 223 and thereafter.

That said, if your family is largely getting TPs and status via other airlines but struggling to get 2 or 4 qualifying flights, then this may be the time to look at the other airlines' frequent flyer schemes. So AA or AS in your case.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If their status has been extended anyway they don’t need any tier points or eligible flights during their current year. What is the card expiry date showing on their BAEC home page?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The qualifying flight requirement is relaxed at the beginning of the tier extension, but still applies at the end of the extension so those with year ends spanning January through June 2021 need not worry about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.