FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   April 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2030563-april-2021-flight-cancellations-operational-changes.html)

Nephoi Dec 16, 2020 7:12 am

April 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

since there is no other thread for April 21 - i just start one...

APR30 - BKK service cancelled.

flyingroundtheworld Dec 16, 2020 7:28 am

Just saw an update for my 15 Apr flight to Madrid, BA460 changed from a wonderful club suite 777 to 320, and a slight time change from 13:20 to 13:05 departure.

JeffBHD Dec 16, 2020 7:44 am

Just lost my 10APR KUL-LHR. Probably wouldn't have got into Malaysia anyway.....

Naz1 Dec 16, 2020 8:24 am

Small change for me BA1414 (LHR-BHD) on 21st, departure (and arrival) gone back by 15 mins (07:15 to 07:30 and 08:35 to 08:50)

Edited to add: same day return cancelled (BA1421, 20:10 departure) and changed to BA1419 (19:20 departure)

greenchicken Dec 16, 2020 10:06 am

My flight from New Orleans to LHR was cancelled and moved to a day earlier...not sure why. Haven't accepted it yet to keep my options open. Get your crystal balls out...what are my chances of a tourism trip to the US in April do we think?!

xvirginx Jan 28, 2021 7:18 am

April 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Just had my LGW-JER-LGW cancelled today. Same flight numbers but now from LHR, as you would probably expect.

sungod Jan 28, 2021 8:37 am

Same for me with LGW-ACE flight, though the return on 1st May is actually cancelled and replaced by ACE-LHR a day later, suits me!

Not raising my hopes that I'll actually be going though.

Zzzap Jan 29, 2021 3:31 am

LHR-SOF cancellations coming through too which suits me as I wasn’t expecting my SOF-SFO to be viable anyway. I’d rather have a refund than an FTV.

A13 Jan 29, 2021 3:35 am

LGW-NCE flights for Easter cancelled / moved to LHR.
Another refund i think.

HarryBA Jan 29, 2021 1:47 pm

My LHR-JNB cancelled on 8 April

CKBA Jan 29, 2021 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by greenchicken (Post 32889922)
My flight from New Orleans to LHR was cancelled and moved to a day earlier...not sure why. Haven't accepted it yet to keep my options open. Get your crystal balls out...what are my chances of a tourism trip to the US in April do we think?!

Uhm... best to try later in the year (that's next year!).

dnw Jan 30, 2021 2:41 am

PMI to/from LGW cancelled through May 23rd as per LGW extended closure

LCY service still due to restart March 28th in line with Spring timetable - that’s not going to happen so will be the next to go.

just_starting Jan 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Had an April flight to UVF moved from Gatwick South to Gatwick North today!

dislikeofturningright Jan 31, 2021 4:02 am

This week I had my flights to RHO in the second week of May cancelled. It looks like (looking at new booking options) BA have cancelled all RHO flights until 24th May.

I wonder, when they have cancelled LGW SH broadly like this, whether like some other routes, RHO will be changed to depart from LHR instead, or whether this is only done on busier business focused routes.
When an origin airport change is made (LGW->LHR), do you know whether this is done immediately or is it cancelled first and then rescheduled? (I suspect however RHO is not being moved to LHR in early May).

Seems a little early (T-4months) to be cancelling the route - although given the current COVID situation, understandable. Grateful this year to have been given more notice as it makes replanning a lot easier.

Given TUI, EZY and Ryanair flight are still available, is this a load factor consideration, is BA being less optimistic or know something the others carriers don’t ( I.e the essential travel rule will remain for some time - e.g 24th May).

- 11months since my last flight, looking forward to flying again soon.

binman Feb 1, 2021 3:53 pm

Flights to and from SCL have disappeared from schedule and BA.com offers only flights via MAD on IB. My booking remains intact but expect the cancellation email imminently. Hardly a surprise but booked in Avios 50% off deal :(

Flight now cancelled but email from BA suggested it was simply a seat change. Only when I logged into MMB did it show as cancelled. A few minutes later a further email saying cancelled and re booked on IB via MAD in business class.