Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

April 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

April 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
My flights to and from Vienna don't appear bookable anymore, but I haven't gotten a cancellation notice yet.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
CDG (BA315) is now marked as EUCN OPEN ... full cancellation should follow in a few days.
I predict that they'll cancel and rebook on the AA codeshare only to figure out a couple days later that the underlying BA flight is gone.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 1:45 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Look like CUN has gone to one day per week (Saturdays).
My refund is being processed.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHilton Gold, *wood Gold and BA Amex Prem Plus
My Geneva flights for early April are still holding, though I can’t use them due to the restrictions. I do wonder when/if they will get cancelled.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mattjam
My Geneva flights for early April are still holding, though I can’t use them due to the restrictions. I do wonder when/if they will get cancelled.
If your flight isn't zeroed out, it might indeed operate. GVA is a business heavy route so there would be essential travellers that could fill a plane on that route.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
In April, all flights to CDG, and GVA or FRA, are zeroed out and not for sale.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
Then a cancellation notice should appear in the OP's inbox anytime. During the current batch of schedule changes, BA is slower than usual sending cancellation notices.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Then a cancellation notice should appear in the OP's inbox anytime. During the current batch of schedule changes, BA is slower than usual sending cancellation notices.
Originally Posted by brunos

Thanks for the heads-up. Out of interest, what database are you using to see the cancellations? According to BA’s website, the flights are still available for sale (though I don’t always trust the website).
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have double-checked and GVA is not zeroed out. Here is the screenshot from Expertflyer for an operating date that has availability and multiple flights.

I am sorry that brunos was wrong about GVA, though correct about FRA & CDG; so your flight might indeed operate as GVA is not one of the routes that were zeroed-out.

Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:36 am

I have double-checked and GVA is not zeroed out. Here is the screenshot from Expertflyer for an operating date that has availability and multiple flights.

I am sorry that brunos was wrong about GVA, though correct about FRA & CDG; so your flight might indeed operate as GVA is not one of the routes that were zeroed-out.

Thanks for checking. Fingers crossed one of the flights gets pulled. I love the helpfulness of this forum!
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
April DUB schedule culled again today. Rebooking options presented were 12-36 hours before or after original flights.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:34 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dcmike
My flights to and from Vienna don't appear bookable anymore, but I haven't gotten a cancellation notice yet.
Just got my cancellations this morning (For April 2 and 5).
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Cancellation email for my BA507 FAO to LHR on 29th April came yesterday. Outbound flight on 24th April still seems to be going.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:54 am

Both Geneva flights have gone. Just received my cancellation.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold

This is fascinating.
When I checked (with UK point of sale) on 7 March, all GVA flights were zeroed out and not for sale on BA website.
Today, they have fully disappeared from EF (usually means cancelled), and still not for sale.
Maybe I was right after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.