Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA mega 2021 amount of cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:45 am
Original Poster

BA mega 2021 amount of cancellations

Seems BA have pulled many flights for a large part of 2021. BKK, SYD, ICN etc...
Unsure how you get a full list.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

See here

COVID-19 BA Suspended Routes, Changes in The BA Network, Speculation & Discussion
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Unsure how you get a full list.
Have a read through today's posts on the main thread

COVID-19 BA Suspended Routes, Changes in The BA Network, Speculation & Discussion - Page 13 - FlyerTalk Forums

Start from about 10pm last night
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
There's a good recap from TLFL this afternoon, with rumours that first is cut from gatters too from April.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:11 am

I'm more amazed that so many people have booked flights so far off, notwithstanding the current challenges of COVID-19 and impact on schedules, but how do people know what they'll be doing so far in advance?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I'm more amazed that so many people have booked flights so far off, notwithstanding the current challenges of COVID-19 and impact on schedules, but how do people know what they'll be doing so far in advance?
Haha - I've booked so many flights far off.... won't be moaning when they're cancelled but capitalising on good fares (and previously decent Reward availability... with the option of shunting onwards)
RetiredATLATC and GrahamWL63 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
They pulled the Orlando flight we were on in July - so cutting down to one flight from LGW from 2. We got transferred onto the other flight easily enough (could do it online). There may still be one from LHR. Not a bad result as the extra flight had J avios availability both ways in July (a rarity) which we took advantage of via a BA holidays avios upgrade whereas the normal daily flight did not.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat

Still got holidays to take from work and nothing ventured nothing gained.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Haha - I've booked so many flights far off.... won't be moaning when they're cancelled but capitalising on good fares (and previously decent Reward availability... with the option of shunting onwards)
Unless they have fully pulled the plug like ICN.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
In terms of holidays which are all of our advanced bookings at present, we've scheduled them well in advance on the assumption that COVID won't be a problem later in the year. We've booked our time off work well in advance. But with book with confidence / AVIOS bookings and taken with the protection of S75 of the consumer credit act using a credit card the downsides of cancelling are low - we just have to be flexible and take any cancellations from BA in our stride.
HarryKUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.