Search

Heathrow hotels tier 3?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Heathrow hotels tier 3?

Afternoon,

We had a night booked at the Hilton Garden Inn on our return from holiday 22-23 December. BAH are saying the hotel is closed due to Tier 3 lockdown, does anyone know of any alternative hotels we can stay at around the airport which are remaining open? BAH are happy to look into options but I am hoping I can save them a job at what must be a very busy time. Really don’t want to be driving 3+hrs home at 7.30pm.

Many thanks

TFC
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Thats strange, I have just booked the same hotel for the 18th. I have a legitimate reason for travelling domestically and need an over night hotel, not that its legally binding this time (unlike nationwide lockdown).
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You're not supposed to stay in hotels for leisure / vacation purposes in Tier 3.... maybe find somewhere slightly further out in Tier two, or just knuckle down with the drive. Not ideal I know
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Odd since the HGI doesn’t even seem to be aware it is being closed! In fact during lockdown 1 I think the HGI was one of the few to remain open.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:22 am

Tier 3 restrictions on accommodation do not apply between 22 to 28 December 2020 - but it might not be worth the effort to re-open for the short amount of time.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You're not supposed to stay in hotels for leisure / vacation purposes in Tier 3.... maybe find somewhere slightly further out in Tier two, or just knuckle down with the drive. Not ideal I know
Head to Windsor, Tier 2. Holiday Inn express.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by JFX1764
Tier 3 restrictions on accommodation do not apply between 22 to 28 December 2020 - but it might not be worth the effort to re-open for the short amount of time.
They Are not closing, thats the point.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
PGB is correct. Lots of hotels in Windsor. Easy taxi/Uber ride.
You have to give Slough a miss, as that is Tier 3 aswell.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The Sofitel at T5 is still taking bookings.
I’m flying in on the 19th for an overnight for a morning connection. If they close then it will be annoying.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Weird, I have a night booked at Sofitel T5 this Friday. I called and they confirmed they will remain open.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hillingdon Council, which is the local authority for many of these hotels, told the Heathrow Hotels that it was ok to remain open during Lockdown 1.0 and 2.0, to service international travel. Many of these hotels are actually owned by Arora (regardless of what brand you see on the outside) and they certainly had a policy of staying open. Some hotels did want proof of travel in the early days. Other hotels are closed (eg Hiltons T4 and T5) purely due to lack of customers.
MaxFlyer and KARFA like this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've got a booking for HGI (the one next to Hatton Cross) for the 18th December and they emailed me earlier today to confirm they are staying open. Not sure about HGI by terminals 2 and 3, but they're still selling rooms on hilton.com
Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Head to Hilton Reading. A pretty decent hotel for what it's worth.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
As others have said it's BA Holidays that are wrong. Unless management haven't told reception then both HGI are open, I called them after seeing this as I have reservations in both over the next 3 weeks.

I might switch the HGI T2 booking to HGI Hatton Cross to save a few quid though, the HGI T2 has a better restaurant and bar and they will be closed during the lockdown.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Staying at HGI T2 on 22Dec and having read your post just double checked with reception team.

They said work stays and travelling home was fine but not leisure. I confirmed I was travelling back home for Christmas and they said that was fine.

​​​​
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.