Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No SkyFlyer Logbooks because of COVID

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
No SkyFlyer Logbooks because of COVID

I took my first flight since February 2020 over the weekend and it also happened to be my first flight with my newborn son (born in Sept). I was excited to get his Sky Flyers Logbookand start filling it in, hopefully inspiring a lifetime of flying. I was very disappointed to find that BA do not have any at the moment and I was told that it is as a result of COVID.

The IFL Ellie (whom I have given a Golden Ticket online because she was genuinely fantastic and lovely) was very apologetic and asked all crew members to check their bags just in case they had one tucked away somewhere, and when that wasn't a success, produced a lovely card signed by all of the cabin and flight crew plus included all the details of the flight so that when the logbook does come back, it can be filled in (and added a sticker and a spare ticker in the envelope too). My son and I were even treated to a visit to the cockpit when we landed; with a lovely warm welcome from all the flight crew. Whilst he surely will not remember this trip, I will!

I was very disappointed that the logbooks were not available despite cards being available.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The logbooks are loaded with the children’s games packs and I am guessing that they are not being loaded at present, when they are back onboard and you are travelling the flight crew or cabin crew will be able to complete the missing flights and your son will be none the wiser.
wilsnunn, PaulN and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Not surprising. Get it back-completed next time they are available
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I took my first flight since February 2020 over the weekend and it also happened to be my first flight with my newborn son (born in Sept). I was excited to get his Sky Flyers Logbookand start filling it in, hopefully inspiring a lifetime of flying. I was very disappointed to find that BA do not have any at the moment and I was told that it is as a result of COVID.

The IFL Ellie (whom I have given a Golden Ticket online because she was genuinely fantastic and lovely) was very apologetic and asked all crew members to check their bags just in case they had one tucked away somewhere, and when that wasn't a success, produced a lovely card signed by all of the cabin and flight crew plus included all the details of the flight so that when the logbook does come back, it can be filled in (and added a sticker and a spare ticker in the envelope too). My son and I were even treated to a visit to the cockpit when we landed; with a lovely warm welcome from all the flight crew. Whilst he surely will not remember this trip, I will!

I was very disappointed that the logbooks were not available despite cards being available.

i was given one (at the ripe old age of 50) on my recent LHR-NQY-LHR B2B as I gave the crew some chocolates for the turnaround. Was presented that on the return with a G&T and 2 stickers.

Am happy to post to you if you really want.
lamphs, Dublin_rfk, aks120 and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:43 am

I can't speak for long haul flights (I haven't had the joy of being trained yet) but logbooks are still available on short haul flights. One might have accidently fallen into my bag on my flight yesterday, so if Wilsnunn wants to send me a message, I'll try and get it to you for Christmas!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
I didn't realise they still did the SkyFlyer's logbook! I found mine last year from many many years ago. It brought back many happy memories from several years ago and started my love of flying.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 10:36 am

Not sure if it was shorthaul or longhaul you have flown, but on Shorthaul they are in the black document bag, however maybe on the day they were not loaded which is pretty much possible. There is no restriction on those due to COVID my flying friends tell me, however some Flight Crew don’t want to handle them because of COVID, same goes for Flight Deck visits at the moment.
maybe start your own log book for the newborn until things get better.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
i was given one (at the ripe old age of 50) on my recent LHR-NQY-LHR B2B as I gave the crew some chocolates for the turnaround. Was presented that on the return with a G&T and 2 stickers.

Am happy to post to you if you really want.
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
I can't speak for long haul flights (I haven't had the joy of being trained yet) but logbooks are still available on short haul flights. One might have accidently fallen into my bag on my flight yesterday, so if Wilsnunn wants to send me a message, I'll try and get it to you for Christmas!
Many thanks to both of your for your incredibly kind offers. KeaneJohn I wouldn't feel right taking your special LHR-NQY logbook from you but thanks for the offer. bwaflyer thanks again, I have PM'd you.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer_tom
I didn't realise they still did the SkyFlyer's logbook! I found mine last year from many many years ago. It brought back many happy memories from several years ago and started my love of flying.
And that is exactly what I would like it to do for my son too one day hopefully!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flier74
Not sure if it was shorthaul or longhaul you have flown, but on Shorthaul they are in the black document bag, however maybe on the day they were not loaded which is pretty much possible. There is no restriction on those due to COVID my flying friends tell me, however some Flight Crew don’t want to handle them because of COVID, same goes for Flight Deck visits at the moment.
maybe start your own log book for the newborn until things get better.
Was flying longhaul, I must admit, I thought it a bit odd that they had been taken away because of COVID and that they simply weren't loaded does seem quite a bit more plausible to me.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 4:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
If you manage to wade through the piles of BA F crockery on sale at vastly inflated prices, you can find new Skyflyer logbooks on ebay. Going rate seems to be a fiver.
:D! and Nephoi like this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

This turned up in Singapore today:

Thank you very much bwaflyer ! I hope to be able to use it soon, although returning to the UK doesn't seem particularly enticing at the moment...
Old Jan 14, 2021, 1:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond

thats kinda sweet. its nice to read stories like this in these days. welcome to the club to your newborn. or "wilssunn".(you maybe want toreserve that username?)
squawk likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:57 am

This turned up in Singapore today:

Thank you very much bwaflyer ! I hope to be able to use it soon, although returning to the UK doesn't seem particularly enticing at the moment...
glad it managed to find its way to you!
JayIRL, Nephoi, wilsnunn and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 9:39 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
If you manage to wade through the piles of BA F crockery on sale at vastly inflated prices, you can find new Skyflyer logbooks on ebay. Going rate seems to be a fiver.
Crockery? This is fine porcelain that we are buying, I'll have you know! We don't just get the good china out when we have company - some of us eat of this daily. No, it is not Villeroy and Bosch but it is not some boot sale job lot. Really!

I will warn my friend who keeps DyogenesBear 's Skyflyer book. He's got nearly 500,000 miles only on BA - on One World it is far higher.
squawk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.