Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have BA axed Baltimore BWI?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
BWI is far more convenient than IAD if your destination is Baltimore...
...or east of DC...
BWI didn't usually have much international traffic, so BA used to be one of the new international arrivals. However, SouthWest started some international destinations (i.e. central America) which can lead to a bottleneck, not to mention the occassional troop arrival from Germany, for which everyone else is sidelined until they are dealt with :-( .
(Oh, the other thorn in BWI's arrival side of things are the 'greeters' who derive some grotesque peasure in barking orders at people under the disguise of 'helping' them!)
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, WN RapidRewards, DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus, Marriott Bonvoy Silver, HHonors Gold
July 2021 update?

Any updates? Don't see anything in FR24, and now that I live in HoCo I'd rather avoid the schlepp to Dulles.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, WN RapidRewards, DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus, Marriott Bonvoy Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
BWI is far more convenient than IAD if your destination is Baltimore...
Or anywhere east of I-95!
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:35 pm

Would PHL be any more sensible than IAD for anyone needing to get to Baltimore? Distance wise it's a little further out but time wise it doesn't look as though there's much in it.

🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Would PHL be any more sensible than IAD for anyone needing to get to Baltimore? Distance wise it's a little further out but time wise it doesn't look as though there's much in it.
Possibly Harford or eastern Baltimore County, but not AA or HoCo.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Would PHL be anymore sensible than IAD for anyone getting to Baltimore? Distance wise it's a little further out but time wise it doesn't look as though there's much in it.
If your main purpose is heading to Baltimore, I would have flown XXX-LHR-CLT-BWI.
Otherwise, it's pretty the same between IAD & PHL. Also, leaving PHL would be much quicker immigration wise.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fergiethefocus
Any updates? Don't see anything in FR24, and now that I live in HoCo I'd rather avoid the schlepp to Dulles.
The BWI route seems to have been pushd back to the end of August now :-(
For me (Annapolis) BWI is much more use than IAD - or PHL. IAD is somewhat preferable to PHL - I can do IAD to Annapolis in about an hour (traffic permitting). PHL you have the I95 and the 695 around Baltimore. As for IAD itself, at the moment immigration/customs is very quick - last few times it was a matter of minutes from getting to the terminal and getting landside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.