Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Promotion : "A golden opportunity" - earn GUFs with fewer TPs [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Link :

A golden opportunity | Offers | British Airways

Your registration will be declined if you're not in the target list.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold

Well, this was unexpected I might even be able to achieve this - although I already have 2 unused vouchers anyway!

A golden opportunity

We hope you know that among millions of Executive Club Members, you're rather exceptional. To show you how much we treasure your continued loyalty and support, we're offering you the chance to unlock a Gold Upgrade Voucher, usually awarded at 2,500 Tier Points and beyond.

Simply earn 250 Tier Points by 31 March 2021, and we'll add a Gold Upgrade for One Voucher to your account - so you can enjoy the cabin upgrade you deserve.

Even better, earn 500 Tier Points and we'll reward you with a Gold Upgrade Voucher for Two - so you can treat yourself and a loved one to an unforgettable trip.

All you need to do is register, book and fly by 31 March 2021.
ibbitsc and Newbtravelle like this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I just received this, too. Pleasant surprise and well-timed since it looks as though my business travel will recommence after Christmas.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Was just about to post something similar; although I haven't got anything booked yet (I did have flights to the US booked, but was impacted by the Feb cancelations to have pushed them back in the year).

Fingers crossed some borders start to open again soon (in particular the US).
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:50 am

Talking

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Well, this was unexpected I might even be able to achieve this - although I already have 2 unused vouchers anyway!

A golden opportunity

We hope you know that among millions of Executive Club Members, you're rather exceptional. To show you how much we treasure your continued loyalty and support, we're offering you the chance to unlock a Gold Upgrade Voucher, usually awarded at 2,500 Tier Points and beyond.

Simply earn 250 Tier Points by 31 March 2021, and we'll add a Gold Upgrade for One Voucher to your account - so you can enjoy the cabin upgrade you deserve.

Even better, earn 500 Tier Points and we'll reward you with a Gold Upgrade Voucher for Two - so you can treat yourself and a loved one to an unforgettable trip.

All you need to do is register, book and fly by 31 March 2021.

So whats the cheapest way to get 500 points ?
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:51 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Just received the same email. There's a few things I noticed in the t&c

Eligible Participants must register between 9 December 2020 and 31 March 2021 (Promotional Period), at ba.com/golden-opportunity before booking and follow the "Register now" link provided. A "thank you" message will be displayed to confirm that your registration has been successful .
-so I guess that means my already booked flights won't count

Preregistered Eligible Participants must fulfil the requirements of the offer set out in clause 7 by 23:59 GMT 31 March 2021 to receive either a Gold Upgrade for One Voucher or a Gold Upgrade for Two Voucher.

-and it's mentioned a few times it's either/or.

​​​
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It's targeted.

But not at me.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Nor Me
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:59 am

It appears that it is targeted:

This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a British Airways (“BA”) Executive Club Gold or Gold Guest List Member preselected by British Airways and in receipt of the email invitation British Airways reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in the promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the Terms and Conditions set out below”

I got the offer, but no need for yet another GUF.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
Just received the same email. There's a few things I noticed in the t&c

Eligible Participants must register between 9 December 2020 and 31 March 2021 (Promotional Period), at ba.com/golden-opportunity before booking and follow the "Register now" link provided. A "thank you" message will be displayed to confirm that your registration has been successful .
-so I guess that means my already booked flights won't count

Preregistered Eligible Participants must fulfil the requirements of the offer set out in clause 7 by 23:59 GMT 31 March 2021 to receive either a Gold Upgrade for One Voucher or a Gold Upgrade for Two Voucher.

-and it's mentioned a few times it's either/or.

​​​
It does state on flights booked "after the registration" but what isnt clear is if the flight MUST be booked through BA. Ie if i book Qatar flights tomorrow that get me the 500 points will i still qualify ?
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I got it, I'm just not sure there's much chance of me flying anywhere before the end of March
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Might have to cancel existing bookings through book with confidence to make this happen since I've got enough tps in flights / holidays already booked. Offer should be available to those on flights already booked really as it will involve a whole lot of vouchers & rebookings for BA
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Received it, would like to make the targets but not sure that will be able to fly anywhere before the end of March that will let me in!
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:18 am

BA Gold and did not receive this email. Annoying as pre-March 2020 I had a rather high CIV and probably woudl have got it. Are they only issuing to those who have flown in the past few months?
Either way I can't see any of my regular destinations opening up by March 31st safely.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:20 am

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
I still have a bunch of unused vouchers, and that together with the fact most countries (esp US) won’t lost me in mean I won’t be able to use this. But a nice offer! Now if it were 31st March 2022.....
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
did not receive this as a ggl and for once i'm annoyed bc i actually could use an extra voucher right now.

but maybe they already see my 900TP in bookings before 31 mar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.