Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Promotion : "A golden opportunity" - earn GUFs with fewer TPs [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Link :

A golden opportunity | Offers | British Airways

Your registration will be declined if you're not in the target list.
Print Wikipost

Promotion : "A golden opportunity" - earn GUFs with fewer TPs [Targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by GBOAC
BA Gold and did not receive this email. Annoying as pre-March 2020 I had a rather high CIV and probably woudl have got it. Are they only issuing to those who have flown in the past few months?
Either way I can't see any of my regular destinations opening up by March 31st safely.
I got sent it as gold; while nowhere near GGL level it could be that CIVs degrade over time with no flights booked or taken; I have had several flights this year and also paid for a couple of BA holidays (one with 9 people on it) so maybe my CIV has kept above the key threshold for the offer. Or it could be a sop to those with July/August renewal dates who renewed their status but didn't get an extension. Who knows the inner workings of BA's IT system ?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Since they seem to suggest all TP earning flights count does anyone have an idea how BA would know when one has booked his/hers JL/QR/AY etc. tickets? Do OW airlines share that sort of data automatically?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Didn't receive the invitational email, but the link worked fine. I'm actually trying to evaluate if this was a win, or if rather not having the 19 cancellations I had the last weeks would've been better
Old Dec 12, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Interesting offer but struggling to see how to use it - there are only a handful of destinations that BA fly to that don't require local quarantine or quarantine on return and some of these require a PCR test and being restricted to Covid-safe accommodation.

I've had Lanzarote (Jan) and Hawaii (Feb) go up in smoke and have plenty of vouchers to spend, but fares to Maldives, the Caribbean, and the Gulf (long haul, sun) for Jan-Mar are currently astronomical and I'm not tempted to do TP runs and B2Bs just to earn a GUF. Has anyone found a way to actually make use of this offer?

Unless BA has a Christmas/New Year sale beyond US destinations this feels practically impossible
Old Dec 12, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Interesting offer but ........ Has anyone found a way to actually make use of this offer?
Yes, see above...
Cancelled /rebooked a J revenue to KIN from 1900 to 1600 =280tp and 330 in vouchers
C back to back return to EDI @£220- Jan = 80tp
C back to back return to KEF @£270 - march = 160tp
Old Feb 8, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just had my offer extended, though still don't know if I'll do any flying by the end of June.

Now that you’re registered, you’ll need to earn 250 Tier Points between registration and 30 June 2021 to secure a Gold Upgrade for One Voucher.

Even better, earn 500 Tier Points and we’ll reward you with a Gold Upgrade for Two Voucher - so you can treat yourself and a loved one to an unforgettable trip.
Pilot37 and high.and.above like this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
I've just had the extension email through too. Wishful thinking I suspect sadly.
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I totally forgot about this promo. Flying has been light in January but back on the road this month. The bigger problem will be using all the GUFs before they expire due to restricted international travel
Old Feb 9, 2021, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
My 'promo extended' email came in yesterday, saying I'd hit the target for the GUF1, but they've extended to the end of June to give me a chance of hitting the GUF2.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:31 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Interesting. I am on track to make the original deadline (I will have to do one extra segment, but that is OK.(All domestic 'C' to Edinburgh from LHR.) No e-mail to me, even though I have passed the first threshold.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:50 am

For those of us who have made the original deadline, do we get a second crack at the whip?
squeeler likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
My 'promo extended' email came in yesterday, saying I'd hit the target for the GUF1, but they've extended to the end of June to give me a chance of hitting the GUF2.
I got the same email. Has your voucher appeared on the Executive Club homepage?
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i never got the email as a GGL who actually needed an extra GUF for a flight next january...and happen to have just enough domestic hops planned in apr/may to make this worthwhile.

the link worked and allowed me to register yesterday and today still says i'm already registered, so a bonus if it actually works.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Do we think this is a blanket extension or a targeted one based on a sub-set of the original audience who have made progress but haven't quite reached the thresholds? I ask because I received the original notification and registered, but have heard nothing since.

Pilot37
esledo likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by tedcruz
I got the same email. Has your voucher appeared on the Executive Club homepage?
No - but I wouldn't expect it to. Original terms said vouchers would post after the promo period ends (so end of March), and now they've extended to end of June I don't expect to see the voucher (either the GUF1 I've earned or the GUF2 if I manage the extra before then - you don't get both) until July at the earliest.
tedcruz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.