Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Countdown to BA removing free cabin baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Countdown to BA removing free cabin baggage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
But don't BA do that in any case - charge for something that does not have a direct cost to the airline e.g. seating? (To be clear: I am not debating the merits or not of charging for seat selection, merely the fact that airlines do charge for something they do not have a direct cost associated with, albeit a bit of tech to handle the seating allocations).
Yes, but that’s a bit different as they’re not switching it to an opposite. I was suggesting that charging for something that’s free while giving something free that they pay for is what seems to be backward economics. For paid seating you do pay but get something in return. Sorry if I was unclear.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Confus
Yes, but that’s a bit different as they’re not switching it to an opposite. I was suggesting that charging for something that’s free while giving something free that they pay for is what seems to be backward economics. For paid seating you do pay but get something in return. Sorry if I was unclear.
People don't want to part with there hand luggage especially if they have something of value in it. This way they would get a lot of people to pay for a bag on board, still be able to say that they have hand luggage included and it would speed up boarding times.
In general we also have to realize that prices wouldn't go down. It would just be a new fee and a way to limit elite benefits.
MatJarosz likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:55 am
Suspended

Interesting that easyJet’s smallest bag size is now the same as BA’s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.