Wiki Posts
Search

G-XLEE at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2020, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some
G-XLEE at LHR

Just taxied past G-XLEE (BA A380) at LHR, anyone know what it’s doing there? Potentially ready to be drafted into Christmas service? DXB perhaps?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 6:56 am

The 380s have been coming to LHR to do some scheduled maintenance in recent months.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by 13901
The 380s have been coming to LHR to do some scheduled maintenance in recent months.
Thanks for bursting my bubble, but that makes more sense
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
That particular one had its last London trip from 12-15 Aug - then went back to the Chateauroux plane spa.

Are BA planning to bring the big birds back into service, or is it 350 & 787 only going forward?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Various A380s have been back at LHR over the past few months, they have been coming back for bit of light MX and then leaving again for further storage. Absolutely no chance of them coming back into service for a long time, if ever. Only one left at CHR now (LEH), which will shortly be joining the others in either TEV or MAD in the near future I'm sure.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox
Various A380s have been back at LHR over the past few months, they have been coming back for bit of light MX and then leaving again for further storage. Absolutely no chance of them coming back into service for a long time, if ever. Only one left at CHR now (LEH), which will shortly be joining the others in either TEV or MAD in the near future I'm sure.
My flight for the end of March to DXB has been changed to an A380, so don't be so sure about your predictions.
I guess it can change again, but I would not mind :-)

Last edited by Jordi14; Dec 8, 2020 at 8:18 am
Old Dec 8, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Airprox
While we are all unsure what will happen this coming summer, various routes (MIA / SFO & YVR) have all had A380's added to the schedule over the past week, so while they may be placeholders, BA planners are adding them back into the schedule for some routes with expected high demand.

Pilot37
Old Dec 8, 2020, 8:46 am

My flight from MIA - LHR in October 2021 was changed from an A350 to an A380.......long time ahead I know, but a change nonetheless.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
And my LHR/JNB out end July shows a 380 with a 777 on the return trip.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Thanks for bursting my bubble, but that makes more sense
I'm trying to remember to update the list in the wikipost to this thread from time to time: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-scrapped.html
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
A few weeks ago at LHR whilst we were in the queue to take off, I saw an A380 take off before us. I did find it a little odd at the time
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
LHR - SFO shows a 380 and 787 in june.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally I doubt we’ll see a BA A380 in passenger service in 2021. Even if traffic comes roaring back I can see BA preferring to capture high yields with smaller planes rather than flying the maximum possible capacity.

I’d heard DXB and the rest of the UAE are candidates for removal from the travel corridor list...
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I’d heard DXB and the rest of the UAE are candidates for removal from the travel corridor list...
Noooo!
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Personally I doubt we’ll see a BA A380 in passenger service in 2021. Even if traffic comes roaring back I can see BA preferring to capture high yields with smaller planes rather than flying the maximum possible capacity.
There are other reasons besides just demand that one might want to run certain equipment, for example to maintain pilots' type ratings.

Not saying I expect to see BA 388s in the air in 2021 but I don't think the possibility should be written off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.