Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX some bad news and some good news

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
PHX some bad news and some good news

I've just been informed that my booking for LHR-PHX next may has had a "seat change" from First to Club which is the bad news. The good news is that it's Club on the A350!
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:22 am

Is it unreasonable in the case of a downgrade from F to J to request access to the Concorde room in alignemnt with the original booked ticket? While equipment changes are understandable (fleet adjustments in current climate), there is no reason for changed ground experience (indeed the inverse, as the CCR will be emptier given fewer F seats in the fleet).
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by GBOAC
Is it unreasonable in the case of a downgrade from F to J to request access to the Concorde room in alignemnt with the original booked ticket? While equipment changes are understandable (fleet adjustments in current climate), there is no reason for changed ground experience (indeed the inverse, as the CCR will be emptier given fewer F seats in the fleet).
I would not say it is "unreasonable" to make such request, but I doubt if BA would agree to it especially as the fare has been adjusted downwards.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex
I would not say it is "unreasonable" to make such request, but I doubt if BA would agree to it especially as the fare has been adjusted downwards.
Isn't this exactly what happened when BA wet leased that Air Belgium A340 a couple of years ago?

​​​​​​F passengers downgraded to J due to no F cabin provision on EWR/AUH and MCT from memory. F baggage allowance honoured, Concorde lounge access honoured, F tier points honoured and downgrade compensation honoured. Alternatively they allowed changes to alternative flight in F on other dates or other airports (JFK in the case on EWR and DXB in the case of AUH) if passengers still wanted to fly F.

I'd still ask the question.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just had the emails here too ... May, LHR-PHX in F downgraded to J.

We will see what happens over the next few months, as the US won’t let us right now, and in any case it’s a BA Hols (Flight + Car) so only £450 in limbo right now.

Annoying, as the F TPs were specifically (and speculatively) booked to get the new BAEC year off to a good start after the Big Zero this year!!
Old Dec 7, 2020, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Main thread below to avoid a new thread each time a route gets an aircraft change...

Covid-19 flight operations | latest route info and schedule changes
Silver Fox and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 3:54 pm

Got the same email today about LHR > PHX in April, downgraded from First to Business (because of the equipment change). About the compensation, is that automatic or do I have to contact BA for it? The email didn't mention it.
Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Sadly my inbox is filled with notifications about this change. 10 downgrades for 2021. It does give me some needed flexibility but I’m inclined to accept the change rather than adding an extra connection.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Travlur
Got the same email today about LHR > PHX in April, downgraded from First to Business (because of the equipment change). About the compensation, is that automatic or do I have to contact BA for it? The email didn't mention it.
Thanks
I think it is best to contact them. It's not "compensation" it's an adjustment to the fare paid.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
BA is planning to bring A350 to PHX

Hi all,

they planning to bring A350-1000 to PHX. Effective March 28 to October 29, 2021. They will downgrade to 789 for winter season.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Smile Good to hear the PHX news

Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

they planning to bring A350-1000 to PHX. Effective March 28 to October 29, 2021. They will downgrade to 789 for winter season.
Thank you for this information N830MH. Received an email about my Heathrow to Phoenix a couple a days ago about being changed from First to Club on my flight mid-June 2021. I knew it was an equipment change, but didn't know what to....was a 777 in First. I've had two other flights Heathrow to Nairobi that have been changed from 747 to 777....First to Club also. The only flight left is Houston to Heathrow on 787 that hasn't changed yet). I just want to get to my destinations and was looking forward to going First all the way.....oh well. Flying on the A350-1000 looks interesting in the Club "suite"'
N830MH likes this.

Last edited by Maraluvr; Dec 10, 2020 at 12:51 pm Reason: needed to edit with a space marker
Old Dec 10, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Just need to open up America first. And I doubt PHX will be high up the list of DoT when the country does open.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by surryson
Just need to open up America first. And I doubt PHX will be high up the list of DoT when the country does open.
The US no longer requires entry through gateway airports, they just haven’t opened up to Europe/UK yet. Rumour is that will happen in the next few weeks.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

a) Whether these changes stick remains to be seen. Right now pretty much everything is subject to change, except the flight you just took.

b) Is it really a downgrade? Certainly not if you want to fly in F!

rb211.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My flight to PHX next May had been downgraded, luckily for me it was part of a trip to SAN, which has now gone to a 4 Class 777, so I managed to get re-routed on the direct flight. Any bets on this changing before May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.