Mega Club Europe cabins

Old Mar 20, 22, 12:39 pm

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
Great news, since we are off to KEF in a few weeks. Will be nice to be able to get a few Z’s with a blanket and pillow.
Old Mar 22, 22, 9:46 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by george77300 View Post
Also all BA shorthaul is return catered (all loaded at LHR) so in the case of a A321 to anywhere and with a full 14 rows. That’d be at least 112 trays (56 each way) as well as the drink for those 112 people. Hence you can fairly frequently get bars running out of booze, especially on return flights.
It's not difficult with the quantities loaded these days. Mate and I ordered a Brewdog on a flight recently and the chap behind then said "yeah I'll try one of those" to be told apologetically that only two were loaded. There were at least 30 CE pax on that flight.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 22, 22, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
It's not difficult with the quantities loaded these days. Mate and I ordered a Brewdog on a flight recently and the chap behind then said "yeah I'll try one of those" to be told apologetically that only two were loaded. There were at least 30 CE pax on that flight.
I think on each of the recent CE flights I’ve taken, I’ve had the only 2 Brewdog beers that have been loaded. Really strange, as surely it just pushes people onto champagne or spirits….
Old Mar 22, 22, 12:22 pm

Well seen as the issue of Brewdog stocks has come up, I'll relay the interesting exchange I witnessed on GLA-LHR a couple of weeks ago. Chap beside me asked for a "Speedbird" which confused the CC until he explained it was a beer in a blue can. CC asked a colleague who told her they'd run out - I was Row 3 out of 6 (I think) to which the fellow on the aisle opposite proudly said, "You should do what I do and bring your own" and smugly showed off 2 cans of unopened Brewdog.

The CC told him, jokingly I think, that he shouldn't take things from the lounge to which he replied "how do you know I took them from the lounge". It was all rather odd that he was effectively admitting pilfering from the lounge and I got the impression it was a regular occurrence that he did so and openly drank these beers just as CE service was ongoing. He ordered a G&T (obviously the bottle being too big to nick from the lounge!). CC didn't seem to care about the self-serve aspect of Speedbird consumption. I felt for my seat mate who had to resign himself to a red wine instead of a beer.
EDIwanderer and Chrisnichols like this.
Old Mar 22, 22, 2:59 pm

how rude if he had two and never offered one
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old Mar 22, 22, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by gw76 View Post
how rude if he had two and never offered one
Why would you expect him to offer one of his own beers to a complete stranger, who could just get another type of drink from the trolley if they wanted something ? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Mar 22, 22, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by bafan View Post
Why would you expect him to offer one of his own beers to a complete stranger, who could just get another type of drink from the trolley if they wanted something ? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Lost on you….

Search this Thread