Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
What's the cap on A319s?
10 rows
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Oh sorry then - from 1F I was sure I counted 14 rows
Although these days you can be anything. So maybe G-EUYO identifies as an A321neo?
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
the other week i did a down and back to athens and it was only 7 or 8 rows...even though one way was 1/3 and the return was literally 4 of us in CE (with all those rows). it was heaven for the first time since i really resumed CE flying last fall!
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Have just been bumped from Row 12 to Row 24 on LHR-ZRH as they've stretched the CE cabin back. This appears to be a risk on any exit row bookings now.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Have just been bumped from Row 12 to Row 24 on LHR-ZRH as they've stretched the CE cabin back. This appears to be a risk on any exit row bookings now.
we’ve had similar … just ahead of OLCI we’ve been kicked from row 12 to row 18. Hardly a full CE cabin either, by the looks of it. Expertflyer indicating 5 empty rows. I think BA are trying to maximise revenue by offering £130 POUGs ex LIS - LHR. Make sense as they are a business. Not sure if it’s that mixed with pitching issues too as the Y cabin isn’t full.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
we’ve had similar … just ahead of OLCI we’ve been kicked from row 12 to row 18. Hardly a full CE cabin either, by the looks of it. Expertflyer indicating 5 empty rows. I think BA are trying to maximise revenue by offering £130 POUGs ex LIS - LHR. Make sense as they are a business. Not sure if it’s that mixed with pitching issues too as the Y cabin isn’t full.
don’t forget on the a320 planes they can’t put the curtain in row 11 or row 10 because of the emergency exit. So if they want to move it past row 9 they just have to include both rows of emergency exits. On many routes which are CE heavy there is always a risk to get kicked off from row 11 and 12. It can also happen just before boarding so even if you check in online they can still move you.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Krisz
don’t forget on the a320 planes they can’t put the curtain in row 11 or row 10 because of the emergency exit. So if they want to move it past row 9 they just have to include both rows of emergency exits. On many routes which are CE heavy there is always a risk to get kicked off from row 11 and 12. It can also happen just before boarding so even if you check in online they can still move you.
good points - I knew they couldn’t split rows 11-12. Currently showing as patchy full to
Row 7..
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
good points - I knew they couldn’t split rows 11-12. Currently showing as patchy full to
Row 7..
if the flight is this week or weekend I think it has a large potential to be full and seat map won’t be accurate. This week was a school holiday in Portugal so many parents and kids are going back to Lisbon most have no status with BA and won’t pay the huge seat selection fees either. It’s possible the cabin won’t be completely full and possible no one will sit in row 11 and 12
I just checked you mentioned lis-LHR but I thin it still can be busy
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Works the other way round too: Pre-pandemic I had moved into a CE exit row, curtain moved forward and ended up in row 9 or something. Should have stayed in row 2 (which at that point of course was taken).
Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Great flight to Arrecife this morning with the now standard full 12 rows of club.

No shortages of anything bar/food wise and a great crew. Few things to note, if you're a gin lover unfortunately Tanqueray has gone from the CE bar, now replaced with Bombay Sapphire. And no pillows or blankets as standard on band 4 routes anymore, the crew said that now only happens on flights over 5 hours.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ B787 : you clearly had a very enjoyable flight, even with a pretty large CE cabin. As so often, the crew do play such a major part in the overall experience and feel-good factor. 👍

When not faced with having to drive on arrival, I do like a G&T or two, but would not feel impacted by this particular brand switch. I personally see them both as perfectly acceptable ; but of course many gin aficionados are likely to have a specific preference (and perhaps bemoan the change) Price-wise there isn’t a big retail difference in UK, with any gaps fluctuating in line with available offers / discounts (eg Waitrose currently offering Bombay (1 litre) @ £24, versus Tanqueray @£22.

Absence of pillows & blankets, once standard on band 4, is a rather different issue. It seems - if indeed now firm policy, as you report - to come straight from the familiar playbook whereby various previously-available facilities are gradually removed on a drip-drip basis. Assuming still readily available on request (??), then that’s ok …. fair enough ; although in such scenarios there’s always the prospect of BA management eventually claiming that, due to lack of customer demand for said items, they are no longer carried onboard at all for any CE sectors.

Maybe CEO Sean Doyle is looking to out-score even predecessor Alex, who of course showed so much enthusiasm for enhancements, not to mention a number of “please-be-patient” Apologia Pro Vita Sua emails.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC
It’s disappointing re the blankets and pillows. I wonder if the addition of the ‘long’ LGW routes like ACE/LPA/MLA plus the larger cabins, means there aren’t enough.

Only giving them on flights over 5 hours is mean though. It’ll mean just LCA/AMM/CAI.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Blankets were available on the band 4 route I flew a couple of weeks ago. Is this a very recent 'enhancement'?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
EDI-LHR flight today with only 4 rows of CE! Considering they were asking £89 for a poug on that not surprised many people didn't bite.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I've done a few band 4 flights recently and they've mostly just had the blankets. Pillows were available on demand. There were a couple of flights that had both on the seat. Very inconsistent. Missing the hot towel...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.