Mega Club Europe cabins

Old Nov 22, 21, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo View Post
i would ask for a straight refund and additional compensation as it is clearly advertised everywhere by BA that one of the feature of the seat is the blocked middle space… (as the actual seat and legroom is exactly the same as ET, so you did not get what you paid for.
Are you sure about that? The only promise I ever remember reading in their CE marketing blurb is "Guaranteed window or aisle seat" which although sounds the same, isn't.
Old Nov 22, 21, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Are you sure about that? The only promise I ever remember reading in their CE marketing blurb is "Guaranteed window or aisle seat" which although sounds the same, isn't.
"Your comfort on board is our highest priority. The Club Europe cabin is situated at the front of the plane. We keep the middle seat free so you can always enjoy a guaranteed window or aisle seat and more personal space for working and relaxing."
Old Nov 24, 21, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by GBOAC View Post
They were just put there before the seat belt sign went on. But the problem is that in a 25m flight, the last 10mins of seatbelt sign on for landing are over one third of the total flight time!
This is mental. I'd have flatly refused onboard when the crew approached with the pax.

This is a complete disregard for the protocols of the cabin you paid to be in. 1B on an aircraft with CE is not a pax carrying seat - I'd be raging if I were you.

It's weak willed crew that have caused this issue - putting you in discomfort so they don't have to tell a vocal pax down the back to pipe down. Spineless.
NoY and Grande Annee like this.
Old Nov 24, 21, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo View Post
i would ask for a straight refund and additional compensation as it is clearly advertised everywhere by BA that one of the feature of the seat is the blocked middle space… (as the actual seat and legroom is exactly the same as ET, so you did not get what you paid for.
Agree totally unacceptable, especially as I imagine quite a few pax book CE these days due to not wanting to spend extended periods in close proximity to others due to fears over Covid.
Old Nov 24, 21, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
For many, the 'personal space' is probably the deal breaker for booking the CE cabin, moreso in the current Covid climate.
marcopizzaiuolo likes this.
Old Nov 24, 21, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i would not have stood for that and would have been very annoyed because as noted above, i book CE for my space and empty middle seat. the other benefits i already obtain with status.

meanwhile flying back from LIS the other day, CE went to row 10 i believe (A319) and was completely full due to cancelling later services. anyhow the crew were a flurry of activity and in short were amazing. but when the drinks service began they roll the cart out with the lead starting in row 1 and the other person starting behind the cart with row 2. it was laughable how many people were ordering teas from row 2 or 3 causing the lead serving my row to basically run back and forth getting each individual cuppa basically serving four pax before he even got the first order from anyone in row 1.

about halfway thru the cabin they obviously recruited one FA from down back, and they were continually in motion, but it is nonsense how many people are being shoved in these cabins.
Old Nov 28, 21, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
One of the (many) problems is matching the size of the cabin with all of the supporting infrastructure. Everything from check-in staff, to catering, to on board service with the standard number of crew. Quite well handled today by the CSM/D who came round and took all of the GCH's choices first, probably in anticipation of first choices running out.

So far though, there always seems to have been plenty of luggage space with a big cabin - something to do with having only 4 pax per row for more rows I suppose. I guess club pax might also check bags, since they have the allowance, compared to a fair number of HBO fares down the back.

As for the ability or otherwise to move the curtain, and reconfigure at outstations, the aircraft came out with 8 rows of club and went back with 13.
Old Dec 8, 21, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
All the screens for economy check in desks at T5 have a message this morning, “Want to upgrade today?”
Old Dec 8, 21, 3:57 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
4 CE flights in 5 days in Dec.

MAN-LHR - 2nd: 12/14 rows of CE, service was challenging
LHR-WAW - 2nd: 6 rows, Cracking service
WAW-LHR - 7th: 4 rows, its been a while since this small. Everything served from the galley, somehow they managed to royally screw this service up
LHR-MAN - 7th: 4/6 rows, OK service
Old Feb 14, 22, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Just having a look at my LHR-BCN flight this weekend, and I can see that there are only 3 rows of CE! That is the smallest I’ve seen it since the pandemic struck.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 1:25 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
Just having a look at my LHR-BCN flight this weekend, and I can see that there are only 3 rows of CE! That is the smallest I’ve seen it since the pandemic struck.
Don't be surprised if it is 10 and full by the weekend... I have been one of two passengers on a flight a week before then a few days out it goes crazy.
Old Feb 14, 22, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
14 full CE rows on the IST-LHR service yesterday afternoon.
That's almost half of the plane (A320)
Old Feb 14, 22, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 81romeo View Post
14 full CE rows on the IST-LHR service yesterday afternoon.
That's almost half of the plane (A320)
It’s capped at 12 rows on the A320. (14 on the A321)
Old Feb 14, 22, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by george77300 View Post
Oh sorry then - from 1F I was sure I counted 14 rows
george77300 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by george77300 View Post
What's the cap on A319s?

Search this Thread