Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mega Club Europe cabins

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Will100
Did Mykonos with 10-11 rows last week.

Well worth it on a 4 hour flight. Goes in a flash with a chicken pie, a few wines and a Bloody Mary. Love it.
Any mash and vegetables with the chicken pie? Is it a small or biggish pie?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Aren’t the crews trained to serve very busy, full cabins?
Depends if there was the correct number of crew per passengers booked in CE. The company line now when they can't give enough crew is to reduce the service and sccm to fill in a form to record it.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Any mash and vegetables with the chicken pie? Is it a small or biggish pie?
Here’s the pie as served to me today. Unfortunately a soggy mess with the puff pastry flat as a pancake. It’s a shame because the one I had on the outbound was perfectly risen and crispy - perhaps this one suffered through its storage onboard?

No mash or vegetables with it. It’s ok for a light lunch but not very substantial for dinner. Despite pastry issues the filling did taste good.

As an aside; since when have BA been serving the same dishes outbound and inbound?

AmaaiZeg and PGberkshire like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by volar

As an aside; since when have BA been serving the same dishes outbound and inbound?
Sometimes crews offer anything spare from the outbound on the return leg. Maybe that’s what happenned?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by lcylocal
Sometimes crews offer anything spare from the outbound on the return leg. Maybe that’s what happenned?
i don’t think so - the outbound and inbound offers were the same (chicken pie, ‘vegetarian pasta’ or a salad) and I think that’s the normal range of choice? Perhaps some sort of snafu.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:49 pm

Here’s the pie as served to me today. Unfortunately a soggy mess with the puff pastry flat as a pancake. It’s a shame because the one I had on the outbound was perfectly risen and crispy - perhaps this one suffered through its storage onboard?

No mash or vegetables with it. It’s ok for a light lunch but not very substantial for dinner. Despite pastry issues the filling did taste good.

For the sake of fair representation, here’s a better turned out version of the same pie from 2nd August.

AmaaiZeg and Speedbird7304 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i don’t think so - the outbound and inbound offers were the same (chicken pie, ‘vegetarian pasta’ or a salad) and I think that’s the normal range of choice? Perhaps some sort of snafu.
that was the offering to corfu last friday.

it has been ages since i did a trip this long but just dont recall the meal to be so...insubstantial? i think it was the fact that the starter was literally ONE small lettuce leaf with some cucumber slices. i recall thinking that the lettuce was actually quite fresh and i wish there were more of it as it is better than the cheese starter they had before and it hit me that i thought there was usually a third small ramekin with like two pieces of cheese and those great sourdough or black crackers?

like i said, i havent dont a euro flight this long since pre-covid, so my memory is faltering, but it just felt ...small for a 3hr ride.

(and my veg pasta was quite delightful, and im glad i didnt go for the sweet potato salad because THAT was very small)
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

WERE you on my flight tonight? BA649?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:37 pm

Outbound and inbound catering choices currently are the same, and have been so since the re-introduction of 'normal' catering earlier this year (i.e. not a boxed meal as in 2020).
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:42 pm

Judging by the roll, that pie looks quite big. Looks ok to me. Would be happy to get this on our TFS flight next week. That and the raspberry pannacotta will fill me up after breakfast in the lounge
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Judging by the roll, that pie looks quite big. Looks ok to me. Would be happy to get this on our TFS flight next week. That and the raspberry pannacotta will fill me up after breakfast in the lounge
That pie, pasta or salad was offered to TFS last weekend, and from TFS today, so unless things change you'll get the pie!
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Had the pie last Thursday FAO-LHR, it was surprisingly tasty. However, with 12 rows of CE the meal was not served until 1 hour after takeoff, after the rirst drinks service was completed. And I was in row 1. It was all a rush for the crew in the end and some passengers further back were quite irate. 3 crew in CE was clearly insufficient.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by S_W_S
That pie, pasta or salad was offered to TFS last weekend, and from TFS today, so unless things change you'll get the pie!
Pie 3/8 & 5/9 TFS - LHR.
Bangers and mash 21/8 LHR - TFS

Loved them all, and the pie was the first time ever I asked the crew if they had any left over.

Starter of a few salad leaves was absolutely shite though.

Hope it's still around next time & certainly beats the chocolate mousse they ran forever last year.
​​​​​​
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 6:00 pm

Godawful LHR-MAN flight today. Crew were slow and disorganised. My OH ordered two champagnes and it was assumed one was for me - the Inflight Lead didn't hang around to ask me (on a side note, the big bottles of NF have reappeared *sigh*).

I got the attention of the IL and she asked me to bear with her. People being served seconds, 10 mins to landing call comes... still no drink. Asked again when they were clearing away and sealing up and the response was "Sorry I didn't get a chance".

To say I was furious is understatement of the year. I've flown this route for years on a regular basis and I have never, ever experienced this. They were even apologising over the PA because they didn't manage to do the full ET service, which to my understanding is throw bottles of water and crisps at people.

It was quite incredible, and it's the first time I've ever given no thanks to the crew on leaving the aircraft. I remain thankful that the flight deck didn't take it upon themselves to thank the crew for their hard work over the PA (like they did on the previous flight despite the crew not being anything special), otherwise I might've actually lost it.
simonsmith and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by kdhurst380
Godawful LHR-MAN flight today. Crew were slow and disorganised. My OH ordered two champagnes and it was assumed one was for me - the Inflight Lead didn't hang around to ask me (on a side note, the big bottles of NF have reappeared *sigh*).

I got the attention of the IL and she asked me to bear with her. People being served seconds, 10 mins to landing call comes... still no drink. Asked again when they were clearing away and sealing up and the response was "Sorry I didn't get a chance".

To say I was furious is understatement of the year. I've flown this route for years on a regular basis and I have never, ever experienced this. They were even apologising over the PA because they didn't manage to do the full ET service, which to my understanding is throw bottles of water and crisps at people.

It was quite incredible, and it's the first time I've ever given no thanks to the crew on leaving the aircraft. I remain thankful that the flight deck didn't take it upon themselves to thank the crew for their hard work over the PA (like they did on the previous flight despite the crew not being anything special), otherwise I might've actually lost it.
To quote “I might’ve actually lost it” and “furious was an understatement”. Maybe it’s time to relax a little and not work yourself up over such issues. There are many bigger things to stress over - especially on such a short flight. How would you view someone else “loosing it” over something like this. Look at the world today - there are much bigger issues at play.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.