Mega Club Europe cabins

Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
Are you missing an emoji in that post? Ghetto/Street language can’t be that prevalent in a customer service setting surely? Other than a drive-through McDonalds at 3am perhaps.

I won’t pretend I’m exactly tearing-up the streets of East London but I don’t think I’m that out of touch or naive.
I was being tongue in cheek, but not sure 'safe' is confined to the ghetto or street any more. BA will have to move with the times and adapt to the language its new generation of (hopefully) customers are starting to use. Perhaps this crew member deserves a golden ticket!
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
New one this morning for me. CE of 7 rows up to MAN. I was in row 10 after a last minute aircraft change effectively kicked me out of exit row.

When I boarded I thought that CE was a bit bigger than I expected and in fact the CE seating was configured to row 9. So I dutifully took my seat in row 10 and watched as rows 8 and 9 filled with up to 3 passenger per side.

CC either oblivious or took a conscious decision and provided the full CE service to both of the extra ET rows. Luckily only a short hop or I might even have got a little jealous 😳
SxMan likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Where did Turkish take you?
For short haul in their dedicated business cabin from LGW to Dalaman and return

Previously from Cairo to Istanbul

Long haul on the 787 from Istanbul to Bali.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
The crew were friendly and professional on last night’s (6/9) 90 minute delayed LHR -ALC service but struggled with 14 rows of Club service on an A321 Neo. With 45-50 minutes to landing I could see rows 13-14 just receiving bar and food service (hurriedly carried down the aisle) at the same time. There was no shortage of bubbles either - as reported on other threads/sites from travellers… row 1 must have consumed 10 bottles of it between the 3 of them at least! I don’t see crew holding back
supplies.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
14 rows on my flight to Athens on Thursday, that will be fun getting refills from the bar.....
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
New one this morning for me. CE of 7 rows up to MAN. I was in row 10 after a last minute aircraft change effectively kicked me out of exit row.

When I boarded I thought that CE was a bit bigger than I expected and in fact the CE seating was configured to row 9. So I dutifully took my seat in row 10 and watched as rows 8 and 9 filled with up to 3 passenger per side.

CC either oblivious or took a conscious decision and provided the full CE service to both of the extra ET rows. Luckily only a short hop or I might even have got a little jealous 😳
Fair play to the team being able to serve them all! From my experience today it was clear from the audible ‘panic’ amongst the staff that anything more than six rows just isn’t do-able on such a short flight. Of course they remained professional throughout and certainly not a complaint due from me (despite many moaning about being bussed from A4 and having to board from the rear).
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All you need is experience and organisation, we used to operate a Tristar with 356 seats in an all CE configuration to GVA, yes it was a push but we always managed to serve everyone.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
All you need is experience and organisation, we used to operate a Tristar with 356 seats in an all CE configuration to GVA, yes it was a push but we always managed to serve everyone.
Out of interest, did this used to be part of training vs now it’s focused on only a small cabin? Or is it literally habit of learning how to do it for a large number?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We were never trained to serve large numbers but we did daily serve 150 and over to CDG with 8 crew, on a GVA we had 12, each of us knew exactly what we had to do.
And also these were full trays not the smaller trays that are used today.
1Aturnleft, stevebintley and Ramos like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Club Europe is such a dire product. If you have Silver Status it makes zero sense to me why you would pay for this service, especially on a flight 2hrs or under.
Makes lots of sense to me personally. More space.

Originally Posted by chris87
This. 100%. A request on my flight on Saturday was met with a “safe” (which I understood to mean “yes”) from the in flight lead. Call me a snob, but that really is not the sort of language I expect to hear in a business class (or, for that matter, economy) cabin on BA!
Hahahahaha. Looking forward to getting that one. I still remember back when being called "mate" by the cabin crew whilst travelling in First was unusual But on that occasion I was quite happy to be "down with the kids" considering the positive, engaged, and eager-to-please attitudes of the MF crew
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I was looking at last minute Corfu trip this weekend - but i see sunday return has 14 rows of CE - it seems like it might end up being not-the-greatest flight. Although it is a long service anyone with experience with huge cabins like that?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I was looking at last minute Corfu trip this weekend - but i see sunday return has 14 rows of CE - it seems like it might end up being not-the-greatest flight. Although it is a long service anyone with experience with huge cabins like that?
Had 12 rows to TFS the other day, everyone appeared to be served in good time.
Drinks were done from back and front with them meeting in the middle.
paulaf likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
There were 15 rows of CE on our outbound to Corfu last week. Flight complete full. I was in economy with the kids..still a very pleasant flight. I think the CFU flights are quite busy at the moment (hence BA flying 3 x a day on some days). Our taxi driver said they have been at 2019 levels of tourism on the island for the last 2 months.

I'd still highly recommend it.
paulaf likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
sounds absolutely dreadful to be stuck on such a hideous route airplane!
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VSLover
sounds absolutely dreadful to be stuck on such a hideous route airplane!
Loved the Tristar as did customers in Europe, in its day it was the most spacious and comfortable aircraft in the sky.
The crew trained on it were known as “Brown but Broke” because in our 6 day working block we either did a 4 day ATH,LCA,TLV or CAI with two days of mostly CDGs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.