Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strange one off flight from St Lucia (UVF) in Dec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I am looking at a trip to St. Lucia this December

There is a one off flight on the 27th of December (BA2150) from UVF to LGW that is not repeated on any other day that week, nor can I find anything about a corresponding LGW-UVF flight that day or the day prior.

I was going to book it - the CW price on this one off flight is 1/3 the CW price of the flight 2 hours prior (the daily flight)

Just wanted to check if anyone here knew anything about this before I pay for it and discover that it's a BA IT problem or a non-BA plane and crew

Thanks
valdor likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
I have no idea the background to why this is running but seems to be a BA operated flight (by a 4-class 777). I would book it. If it is cancelled you will be able to be rebooked onto the other flight free of charge.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Might be an extra flight to meet demand. ANU has some extra flights planned on the 19th and 26th as well.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
On the timetable I can see BA2151 as the inbound on the 27th. I wonder if it is partly because there isn’t a flight on Christmas Day.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 5:14 am

I’ve benefited from this the following Sunday, 3rd Jan. They added a few extra flights a few weeks ago. Managed to snag two reward seats in club with my companion voucher. We’re still the only people with assigned seats in club on the way out, but I note it’s looking pretty full in all premium cabins for the way back that night, presumably getting all the Christmas/new year punters home. So i’m fairly hopeful we won’t be cancelled.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mrandery
There is a one off flight on the 27th of December (BA2150) from UVF to LGW that is not repeated on any other day that week, nor can I find anything about a corresponding LGW-UVF flight that day or the day prior.
27 December 2020 has:

BA2159 LGW-UVF 1000-1500
BA2151 LGW-UVF 1300-1800

BA2158 UVF-LGW 2045-0905+1
BA2150 UVF-LGW 2230-1050+1

The same happens the following Sunday.
mikeyfly and mrandery like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks.

I couldn't find that outbound flight earlier, that's why I was concerned.

Booked, at what seems like a good price for CW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.