Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA bringing back full First & club meal service, special meals and sleep amenities

BA bringing back full First & club meal service, special meals and sleep amenities

Old Dec 1, 20, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Silver, Emirates Silver Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum

Further to what GSTP announced this morning, I have had it confirmed that they will also be bringing back the F a la carte and on-demand dining, Club normal meal service, and "signature" drinks service. Hopefully that means a normal drinks service. Special meals will be available to all from 20th January as well. Some excellent news finally!

There is more detail on my blog post here
Old Dec 1, 20, 7:11 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by atcer28 View Post
Further to what GSTP announced this morning, I have had it confirmed that they will also be bringing back the F a la carte and on-demand dining, Club normal meal service, and "signature" drinks service. Hopefully that means a normal drinks service. Special meals will be available to all from 20th January as well. Some excellent news finally!

It baffles me how they’ve announced this and it’s going to take them so long. They’d have been better fixing 20th January internally and announcing it the week before!
acucobol likes this.
Old Dec 1, 20, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver

Totally agree with the points in the article about booking competitors - I have 3 flights booked with Emirates that would have absolutely been BA bookings if they had restored any form of premium service - it definitely matters when making a choice.
Old Dec 1, 20, 7:22 am

Great article and good news for customers too finally! (Much better than GSTP! )
revorgap likes this.

Last edited by AirbusA350; Dec 1, 20 at 7:32 am
Old Dec 1, 20, 7:24 am

No comms to crew yet, although I'm sure this will follow shortly. Good news for pax.
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:06 am

I'm assuming this means that special meals will be served onboard commencing 20th Jan, not just bookable from that point? The function to request them via MMB is still currently disabled. Early days, I know.
​​​
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
This is to be applauded. I don't doubt that announcing it early is to provide confidence to the people booking travel for 2021.
Disappointing that there appears little information on cabins further back or short haul cabins.
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
That’s positive. I’ve been wobbling about a Dubai trip in Feb 2021 which is booked and as posted above it has definitely brought me confidence!
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:43 am

I am bracing myself for the first thread where people will react in outrage at the return of BoB.
wrp96, alex67500, krispy84 and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by 13901 View Post
I am bracing myself for the first thread where people will react in outrage at the return of BoB.
Do we have any details on when/how it will be?
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, Tesco, Nectar, ICSMBC
I have just taken a QR trip and was going to book another on QR early next year. May now consider BA - excellent news
Old Dec 1, 20, 9:01 am

Programs: BA silver, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador
No news regarding WTP for long haul? It was mostly crockery and glassware pre covid.
u01sss3 and MatJarosz like this.
Old Dec 1, 20, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tom139 View Post
It baffles me how they’ve announced this and it’s going to take them so long. They’d have been better fixing 20th January internally and announcing it the week before!
I’m sure 2020 has baffled you as it has most, regardless of when, let’s rejoice in the fact that a small normality is returning.

Vaccines have been announced as successful (in some way) but no date yet as to when it can be rolled out. BUT it gives people hope. Surely that’s the key message in all of this?
Old Dec 1, 20, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by tom139 View Post
As far as I can see BA hasn't announced anything. Someone's "heard" a rumour and chosen to put in on their website. Regardless as to the credibility of the information which I have no reason to doubt, your reaction is exactly the reason nothing has been formally announcedyet..... because at the moment it's not even meant to be in the public domain.
Old Dec 1, 20, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Does this include CE, and what of ET/WT/WTP?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: