FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA bringing back full First & club meal service, special meals and sleep amenities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2029482-ba-bringing-back-full-first-club-meal-service-special-meals-sleep-amenities.html)

atcer28 Dec 1, 2020 6:55 am

BA bringing back full First & club meal service, special meals and sleep amenities

Further to what GSTP announced this morning, I have had it confirmed that they will also be bringing back the F a la carte and on-demand dining, Club normal meal service, and "signature" drinks service. Hopefully that means a normal drinks service. Special meals will be available to all from 20th January as well. Some excellent news finally!

There is more detail on my blog post here

tom139 Dec 1, 2020 7:11 am

Originally Posted by atcer28 (Post 32855173)
Further to what GSTP announced this morning, I have had it confirmed that they will also be bringing back the F a la carte and on-demand dining, Club normal meal service, and "signature" drinks service. Hopefully that means a normal drinks service. Special meals will be available to all from 20th January as well. Some excellent news finally!

It baffles me how they’ve announced this and it’s going to take them so long. They’d have been better fixing 20th January internally and announcing it the week before!

Chris9642 Dec 1, 2020 7:14 am

Totally agree with the points in the article about booking competitors - I have 3 flights booked with Emirates that would have absolutely been BA bookings if they had restored any form of premium service - it definitely matters when making a choice.

AirbusA350 Dec 1, 2020 7:22 am

Great article and good news for customers too finally! (Much better than GSTP! :) )

MFCC Dec 1, 2020 7:24 am

No comms to crew yet, although I'm sure this will follow shortly. Good news for pax.

northeastflyer Dec 1, 2020 8:06 am

I'm assuming this means that special meals will be served onboard commencing 20th Jan, not just bookable from that point? The function to request them via MMB is still currently disabled. Early days, I know.
​​​

HarryHolden68 Dec 1, 2020 8:19 am

This is to be applauded. I don't doubt that announcing it early is to provide confidence to the people booking travel for 2021.
Disappointing that there appears little information on cabins further back or short haul cabins.

IAMORGAN Dec 1, 2020 8:29 am

That’s positive. I’ve been wobbling about a Dubai trip in Feb 2021 which is booked and as posted above it has definitely brought me confidence!

13901 Dec 1, 2020 8:43 am

I am bracing myself for the first thread where people will react in outrage at the return of BoB.

BAeuro Dec 1, 2020 8:49 am

Originally Posted by 13901 (Post 32855392)
I am bracing myself for the first thread where people will react in outrage at the return of BoB.

Do we have any details on when/how it will be?

Newbtravelle Dec 1, 2020 8:50 am

I have just taken a QR trip and was going to book another on QR early next year. May now consider BA - excellent news

Neilgcal Dec 1, 2020 9:01 am

No news regarding WTP for long haul? It was mostly crockery and glassware pre covid.

rockflyertalk Dec 1, 2020 9:11 am

Originally Posted by tom139 (Post 32855210)
It baffles me how they’ve announced this and it’s going to take them so long. They’d have been better fixing 20th January internally and announcing it the week before!

I’m sure 2020 has baffled you as it has most, regardless of when, let’s rejoice in the fact that a small normality is returning.

Vaccines have been announced as successful (in some way) but no date yet as to when it can be rolled out. BUT it gives people hope. Surely that’s the key message in all of this?

1Aturnleft Dec 1, 2020 9:19 am

Originally Posted by tom139 (Post 32855210)

As far as I can see BA hasn't announced anything. Someone's "heard" a rumour and chosen to put in on their website. Regardless as to the credibility of the information which I have no reason to doubt, your reaction is exactly the reason nothing has been formally announcedyet..... because at the moment it's not even meant to be in the public domain.

Genius1 Dec 1, 2020 10:32 am

Does this include CE, and what of ET/WT/WTP?