Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA bringing back full First & club meal service, special meals and sleep amenities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA bringing back full First & club meal service, special meals and sleep amenities

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by ozflier
I'm looking to fly CMN-LHR-RAK mid next year.
I can basically fly RAM or BA- business price about the same .
I do like to look forward to inflight meals and wine and have been directed to RAM if i wanted that.
I'm wondering if Club Europe meal offerings have improved on this flight length on BA?
Don't RAM have US-style domestic first seats in business class, as opposed to the standard short-haul seats that BA fly? That alone would be enough to choose them.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 6:56 am

I do like to look forward to inflight meals and wine and have been directed to RAM if i wanted that.
I'm wondering if Club Europe meal offerings have improved on this flight length on BA?
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Don't RAM have US-style domestic first seats in business class, as opposed to the standard short-haul seats that BA fly? That alone would be enough to choose them.
Yes they do. So a better seat + potentially better catering. Though I don’t know how they’ve changed their catering during COVID-19 times. Also more TPs flying to RAK with RAM too than direct with BA!
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Great news. I won't be flying until I get my vaccine, but then I need to do a trip to Europe and knowing that the F&B service will be brought beck to "normal" will be appreciated.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 10:59 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Which time of year are you looking at? I have looked at the prices and RAM's prices are far (4 times in one instance) that charged by BA. However I might not be looking at the same as you,
Old Dec 5, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
Infection rates are reducing, and it's already been concluded that BA's catering changes have very little to do with health and safety and much more to do with cost savings (which was understandable to a certain extent, at least initially).

With the quarantine period from non-travel corridor destinations reducing to 5 days plus a test, coupled with the drop in infection rates, national restrictions ending, and a vaccine now approved, BA needs to regain their competitive edge to win back passengers in the months ahead.
Sorry, not sure I agree with the understandable Cost-saving part. That was poor leadership short-sightedness that caused what is now a need to regain ground. Not the actual need to cut costs IMHO. The average First/Club meal (excluding drink) costs around Ł20-30. The meal is mass-produced, in a factory and put into containers for the crew to re-heat.
How does this understandable saving compare against a potential Ł3,000-6,000+ lost revenue.

As for the 5 days of Christmas, I think BA have missed a huge opportunity to attract customers back by delaying until January.

Last edited by ComputerCommuter; Dec 5, 2020 at 1:22 am
Old Dec 5, 2020, 2:36 am

I don't understand the reason for the delay until January either, flew IB to Madrid, food was great full meal service 3 courses, 2 choices for hot main, proper crockery and cutlery. Not looking forward to the non chicken sandwich on the way back on BA.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Delay is presumably about frictions of rebooting the supply chain and general slowdown over xmas/NY due to leave
Old Dec 5, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by drwook
Delay is presumably about frictions of rebooting the supply chain and general slowdown over xmas/NY due to leave
Strange how fleet of foot BA was when scaling back. Still, this belated move will be very welcome when it eventually arrives.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
Sorry, not sure I agree with the understandable Cost-saving part.
I was thinking about the initial drastically reduced offerings from March to June, when essentially nobody was travelling and BA was in survival mode.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Any update as to the current meal offerings in Club and First? Flying TATL in a few weeks and wondering whether anything has improved.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 12:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by dwugson
Any update as to the current meal offerings in Club and First? Flying TATL in a few weeks and wondering whether anything has improved.
Improved since when?
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Improved since when?
Cardboard boxes and no LPGS!! Or is it a fantasy that things will get back to an 'enhanced' normal.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Cardboard boxes and no LPGS!! Or is it a fantasy that things will get back to an 'enhanced' normal.
So have you read the wiki?
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
So have you read the wiki?
All I've read was that is was due to go back to full service late January but no one has mentioned whether this actually happened or was a rumor. Sorry if I've missed that this was indeed the case and not speculation - with continued lockdown and low pax numbers anything is possible.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
All I've read was that is was due to go back to full service late January but no one has mentioned whether this actually happened or was a rumor. Sorry if I've missed that this was indeed the case and not speculation - with continued lockdown and low pax numbers anything is possible.
Full service in F with LPGS, although the soups are missing. CW is basically the same as it used to be but only one starter on the menu and all served at the same time on one tray. Club Kitchen isn't meant to be stocked with drinks...but usually is. Pre departure drinks are not meant to be served in any cabin but I've seen the LPGS out in F. No hot towels.

Last edited by Boeing77W; Mar 25, 2021 at 2:52 pm Reason: Grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.