FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Denied boarding, tricky one (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2029348-denied-boarding-tricky-one.html)

itsmeitisss Nov 29, 2020 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 32851442)
Because Qatar allows visa-free/visa on arrival (not sure about the exact arrangement) for UK Passport holders. That's why you have no problem at all.

I simply can't see what your complaint can accomplish. Qatari official information has been very clear on this - citizens and residents only for now. And you are neither.

If I was on the other side of the complaint, I would make sure you be banned for life.

I hope you aren't working in any customer facing role. For physical or verbal abuse I'd agree, but for simply attempting what the OP is attempting? Ridiculous.

keitherson Nov 29, 2020 3:57 pm

This isn't a "tricky" situation. There is no world of "immediate turnarounds" or "staying airside" outside of Flyertalk. You are flying somewhere or you aren't. You have the documents or you don't.

keitherson Nov 29, 2020 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss (Post 32851570)
I hope you aren't working in any customer facing role. For physical or verbal abuse I'd agree, but for simply attempting what the OP is attempting? Ridiculous.

Border police do not care about customer service.

cauchy Nov 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 32851531)
Sure. It is COVID-19 time anyway. Right or wrong - their jobs are at risk anyway.

Booking a flight to DOH as the final destination is a clear, objective intent that OP seeks to enter Qatar, regardless OP's actual plan. Even assuming OP would be there to transit with proof of connecting flights, OP must still adhere the transit formality.

Now Qatar is a persona non grata country for everyone else except its citizens and residents. You can argue what you want on behalf of OP. But based on OP's own words, everything is pretty much conclusive.

The OP's case might well turn on the specific wording of Qatar's COVID rules. IF the rule was phrased as "no entry for non-Qatari nationals/residents...but this does not affect passengers who remain airside / don't leave the airport" then the OP could have a case. Equally, if the rules were set out as "customers in transit to a third country are allowed airside" then the OP is screwed as there are only 2 countries involved in his trip. Perhaps the OP can contact the Qatari embassy and see if they have a copy of the rules?

You might think the OP has a weak case, but he has acted in good faith and the outcome here could be quite harsh. He deserves some sympathy.

golfmad Nov 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 32851442)
If I was on the other side of the complaint, I would make sure you be banned for life.

Banned for life for raising a complaint about a decision? That's not going to happen.

I agree the complaint should be dismissed.

ISTFlyer Nov 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by cauchy (Post 32851598)
The OP's case might well turn on the specific wording of Qatar's COVID rules. IF the rule was phrased as "no entry for non-Qatari nationals/residents...but this does not affect passengers who remain airside / don't leave the airport" then the OP could have a case. Equally, if the rules were set out as "customers in transit to a third country are allowed airside" then the OP is screwed as there are only 2 countries involved in his trip. Perhaps the OP can contact the Qatari embassy and see if they have a copy of the rules?

You might think the OP has a weak case, but he has acted in good faith and the outcome here could be quite harsh. He deserves some sympathy.

Unfortunately, still, the OP is considered as a point-to-point passenger and should meet the Qatari requirements for entry. TIMATIC does not have anything about transfers but clearly indicated that non-citizens and non-residents are not allowed to enter Qatar.

1Aturnleft Nov 29, 2020 5:11 pm

It's a bit late contacting them.now. With hindsight perhaps they should have checked before travel - it could have saved a lot of Avios. Unfortunately the onus is on the passenger to ensure they hold the correct documents for the journey and meet the requirements in order to travel. This scenario is exactly the reason why you shouldn't assume without properly checking and keeping in mind that these requirements can change without much in the way of notice. It's regrettable but I fail to see how the responsibility can lie with anyone other than the OP on this occasion. It will also be interesting to understand on what grounds they feel they have cause for complaint to BA (ticket provider) in order for an Avios refund to be made. Just because they're not getting the responses they would like to hear doesn't mean there's a complaint to be made that justifies the kind of service recovery they're expecting/hoping for.

Tobias-UK Nov 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 32850454)
We had similar issue on Thursday, LHR-DOH-VIE. we were denied boarding. I already filed a claim for the costs, expenses, etc... 7 days before MCOL. On friday i got email saying our documents are in fact OK and to ask BA to reissue the ticket for today or tomorrow. BA wont reissue because we were denied boarding and the policies changed since when we were booked.

Greetings (from the USA) my dear friend. Get your EC261 claim in, you were IDBd - and QR’s own reply confirms it. Spend that €1200 wisely - Felice Navidad (or is Mele Kalikimaka more appropriate? :)).

TPJ Nov 29, 2020 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 32851031)
Thanks,

Despite the disappointment, we are off on LHR-CDG-FRA-ZRH-GRU-BOG on Friday for 10days,(to keep ourselves entertained), with a team offsite in Cartagena over the weekend. It has been a while since i did LX F so will be nice to retry it after LH pulled most of 747s out of the skies.

Very OT but please do not forget you may need Yellow Fever vaccination certificate, if you enter Columbia from Brazil. Transit passengers not leaving the airport are exempt (if memory serves).

garykung Nov 29, 2020 5:44 pm

The OP's case might well turn on the specific wording of Qatar's COVID rules. IF the rule was phrased as "no entry for non-Qatari nationals/residents...but this does not affect passengers who remain airside / don't leave the airport" then the OP could have a case.Equally, if the rules were set out as "customers in transit to a third country are allowed airside" then the OP is screwed as there are only 2 countries involved in his trip. Perhaps the OP can contact the Qatari embassy and see if they have a copy of the rules?

While wording varies, the essence is "Entry into Qatar is now permitted for Qatari nationals, their families, permanent residency holders and Qatar ID (QID) holders."

https://www.visitqatar.qa/en/plan-your-trip/travel-tips

You might think the OP has a weak case, but he has acted in good faith and the outcome here could be quite harsh. He deserves some sympathy

Not only OP has no case at all, but OP in fact acted in bad faith. Specifically, OP has said:

Originally Posted by Howard Long (Post 32850368)
Despite the fact that I had no intention of entering Qatar (I also presented a paper copy of my airside transit hotel booking), I was denied boarding, as I was told I would still need to be granted immigration status for travel despite remaining in the transit area.

Viewing this in light most favorable to OP, just because OP claims no intention entering Qatar, it does not exempt OP from meeting the transit requirement. The fact that Qatar does not allow transit currently, and yet, OP chose to do this is a sufficient proof that OP disregarded the rules, regardless he was aware of this or not.

If OP deserves sympathy, QR would have let OP to board and complete the trip as-is. This is the sympathy OP should get and yet OP did not have it.

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 32851755)
Greetings (from the USA) my dear friend. Get your EC261 claim in, you were IDBd - and QR’s own reply confirms it. Spend that €1200 wisely - Felice Navidad (or is Mele Kalikimaka more appropriate? :)).

My friend - do you mind educating me how EC261 applies here? At the minimum, OP was IDBed because of OP's failure to comply necessary immigration rules.

KARFA Nov 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 32851786)
My friend - do you mind educating me how EC261 applies here? At the minimum, OP was IDBed because of OP's failure to comply necessary immigration rules.

I think you are confusing the two scenarios in the thread now.

Howard Long (OP) who had LHR-DOH-LHR booked and was denied as he did not have any right to enter Qatar and it was not a transit.

nufnuf77, whom Tobias-UK was replying to, and had LHR-DOH-VIE booked and was denied boarding since QR staff incorrectly believed he did not have a right to enter Austria, a clear mistake in his case and therefore gives rise to a claim for denied boarding under Art. 4 EC261.

GUWonder Nov 29, 2020 10:39 pm

This thread reminds me of US and EU passport users who thought they could use airside TWOV to do cheap trips to/from China only to find out that a roundtrip ticket to and from China even when heading back on the same plane as the one coming in -- and having no need to even go landside for any reason -- wasn't going to fly with the airline and not necessarily reliably even with the Chinese personnel manning airside TWOV stations.

If you're going to try to game around a restriction, then note there are risks of facing an unwelcome situation when the game is being done on a basis that is short of adequate information and experience to avoid an unwelcome surprise on the intended day of travel.

FlyDeltaMD88 Nov 29, 2020 11:28 pm

Isn't this a clear case of fraud that they are refusing to refund you your miles? If you were a no show that would be one thing but they wouldn't let you go so no trip, no miles. I'd personally be looking into a civil suit and contacting the government to get your miles back.

GumshoeW12 Nov 30, 2020 12:10 am

Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir (Post 32852189)
Isn't this a clear case of fraud that they are refusing to refund you your miles? If you were a no show that would be one thing but they wouldn't let you go so no trip, no miles. I'd personally be looking into a civil suit and contacting the government to get your miles back.

Assuming you are referring to the OP, and assuming they were correctly denied boarding, no it isn’t.

It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure they are permitted to fly to their destination.

Gabbr Nov 30, 2020 12:15 am

I'm sorry to hear about this headache you had to go through, but as others already said here, why choose Qatar as a stopover in the first place?
If possible, I'm definitely avoiding going there and doing business with Qatar Airways in the future.

:D! Nov 30, 2020 12:45 am

From a philosophical point of view, while the OP did not intend to legally enter Qatar, the purpose of his trip was not for transit. It was to go to Qatar for a meeting to be held on Qatari territory. So if a visa would normally be required and I were in charge of a country's visa policy, I would require a visa for such a trip even if not entering the country - which is much like China's TWOV policy.

FlyDeltaMD88 Nov 30, 2020 12:47 am

Originally Posted by GumshoeW12 (Post 32852231)
Assuming you are referring to the OP, and assuming they were correctly denied boarding, no it isn’t.

It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure they are permitted to fly to their destination.

OK, most of my trips are domestic and not international so I'm not totally educated on different entry requirements and what happens if you are denied boarding due to not meeting those requirements. Thanks.

LondonElite Nov 30, 2020 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Howard Long (Post 32851188)
FWIW I travelled Swiss longhaul F to/from HKG in March on a newly refurbed A340-600, just as the Covid shutters were coming down, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32168464-post471.html, a brief synopsis is below: spoiler alert; a great place to sleep, dining not quite so much, but I am sure it'll be far better than BA F at the moment..

You mean a 340-300? LX doesn’t have the 340-600 in their fleet.

Dave Noble Nov 30, 2020 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Gabbr (Post 32852235)
I'm sorry to hear about this headache you had to go through, but as others already said here, why choose Qatar as a stopover in the first place?
If possible, I'm definitely avoiding going there and doing business with Qatar Airways in the future.

Why would you avoid doing business with QR based on it correctly denying travel to a passenger due to not having the required documents to be allowed to travel ?

Qatar wasnt just a stopover , it was the destination

LondonElite Nov 30, 2020 1:00 am

Originally Posted by cauchy (Post 32851413)
Would two one-way tickets work: the first LHR-DOH-IST or wherever would let you in, and a second DOH-LHR? Obviously, you chuck the DOH-IST leg.

I suspect QR system would detect an impossible itinerary and cancel one or both flights. You can’t be travelling to IST and LHR at the same time.

Gabbr Nov 30, 2020 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 32852288)
Why would you avoid doing business with QR based on it correctly denying travel to a passenger due to not having the required documents to be allowed to travel ?

Qatar wasnt just a stopover , it was the destination

Ok, I understand that if it was the destination, they were in the right to deny boarding.

But I will avoid QR as much as possible as they have the worst customer service, just take a look at the complaint thread in their forum and also the reviews all over the net. Some say the on-board service is good/ok, but customer service for me is more important as we all know how much of a nuisance airlines can be when they don't treat their customers properly.

daniellam Nov 30, 2020 1:27 am

OP should have booked LHR x/DOH MLE x/DOH LHR instead (provided he has a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test 96 hours prior to departure).

The x/ on the ticket's fare calculation line is very important.

Anonba Nov 30, 2020 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Howard Long (Post 32850559)
If that were the case, I'd have no quibble. Unfortunately, I'm neither being offered offered the Avios back nor a voucher. I'd prefer the Avios, but I'd settle for a voucher.

Similar thing here, a couple of hours sitting about before getting the no-can-do.

The BA rep on the phone when I returned home made a number of wild assumptions about the trip before I was allowed to explain, particularly that she was saying it was a one way ticket, when it wasn't, it was on the same PNR, and that it was the "next day" I was returning, well yes, it was... arriving at 5pm and leaving at 1:40am, not at all an unusual transit time for DOH. That was what frustrated me the most to be honest, the BA rep jumped to several conclusions without trying to understand the situation.

Truth be told, I've done similar trips outside of covid many times where I never step landside, including three or four times to DOH, in fact DOH is one of the better airports for doing it as you can transfer through security without even having a boarding pass.

I guess I'll file a complaint and see where that gets me!

Just wanted to clear some things up about this.
When you miss a flight on your itinerary it will cancel other flights in itinerary or in your scenario airport may even delete the outbound flights. So its likely that when you called the BA agent was simply reacting to what the itinerary looked like. When I retrieve a PNR i would say something like “I can see you are travelling to X” to help identify its the correct PNR.

Also if a flight is missed either you NOSHOW or you are denied boarding then in contact centres we arent able to rebook and fare rules apply.

In this scenario the options would have been to change ticket the ticket or take a voucher. The important thing to note is that either option needs to be done before check in closed for the first flight.

GUWonder Nov 30, 2020 2:39 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32852289)

Originally Posted by cauchy
Would two one-way tickets work: the first LHR-DOH-IST or wherever would let you in, and a second DOH-LHR? Obviously, you chuck the DOH-IST leg.

I suspect QR system would detect an impossible itinerary and cancel one or both flights.

When it comes to examples sort like the one quoted: in prior years' trips with QR it hasn't worked in the way suggested above. The example quoted by the above is not an example of the passenger being double booked on a particular flight.

Being booked on an "impossible itinerary" when using separately ticketed PNRs isn't commonly used by QR to cancel one or both flights/itineraries. I am pretty certain that a UK passport user who is admissible to Turkey would be able to do just what cauchy covered without any cancellation being done by QR just because it may be perceived as an "impossible itinerary".

Howard Long Nov 30, 2020 3:44 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32852286)
You mean a 340-300? LX doesn’t have the 340-600 in their fleet.

Yes, you're right, I never got to see how long it wasn't ;-)

Howard Long Nov 30, 2020 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Anonba (Post 32852365)
Just wanted to clear some things up about this.
When you miss a flight on your itinerary it will cancel other flights in itinerary or in your scenario airport may even delete the outbound flights. So its likely that when you called the BA agent was simply reacting to what the itinerary looked like. When I retrieve a PNR i would say something like “I can see you are travelling to X” to help identify its the correct PNR.

Also if a flight is missed either you NOSHOW or you are denied boarding then in contact centres we arent able to rebook and fare rules apply.

In this scenario the options would have been to change ticket the ticket or take a voucher. The important thing to note is that either option needs to be done before check in closed for the first flight.

Yes, that was one of a number of things the rep misinterpreted, although I doubt it's an uncommon scenario. My return was already cancelled by the time I was back in a cab going home with my tail between my legs, I could see I'd been offloaded already.

I didn't get the chance to change the ticket or take a voucher before check in closed, I was still sitting at check in waiting for a decision, but QR were offering to put me on the next flight an hour or so later if necessary at that time.

I received a fairly standard reply yesterday surprisingly quickly from the complaints dept, mostly a rubber stamped one, but to be fair it was with an acceptance from BA that the evidence showed I wouldn't be going through through immigration, and that entry requirements can be difficult to interpret: 90 minutes for trained airline staff in my case. Of course, nothing offered other than a refund of taxes etc, no Avios or voucher. I now strongly suspect I'm flogging a dead horse.

Freddorick Nov 30, 2020 5:58 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32852289)
I suspect QR system would detect an impossible itinerary and cancel one or both flights. You can’t be travelling to IST and LHR at the same time.

I don’t think so actually. I occasionally had two conflicting bookings (not with QR but other carriers) mostly stemming from the fact that some ticket was non refundable and I just booked something else.

Even if there was such mechanism OP could have booked a TK flight instead. I am not sure if a transit on two tickets is allowed via DOH currently, but if it is they would have admitted him onto the flight. He could have then cancelled the TK flight and flown the initial itinerary. Presumably he would then have violated some Qatari immigration law and might have been flagged upon boarding his return. So presumably not the best idea.

Even easier would been to book LON-DOH-FRA and he would have been fine. Funny how inconsistent rules are...

ISTFlyer Nov 30, 2020 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Freddorick (Post 32852569)
I don’t think so actually. I occasionally had two conflicting bookings (not with QR but other carriers) mostly stemming from the fact that some ticket was non refundable and I just booked something else.

Even if there was such mechanism OP could have booked a TK flight instead. I am not sure if a transit on two tickets is allowed via DOH currently, but if it is they would have admitted him onto the flight. He could have then cancelled the TK flight and flown the initial itinerary. Presumably he would then have violated some Qatari immigration law and might have been flagged upon boarding his return. So presumably not the best idea.

Even easier would been to book LON-DOH-FRA and he would have been fine. Funny how inconsistent rules are...

If the OP had booked a separate TK ticket from DOH to IST, this doesn't mean that QR would accept him onboard. Even though the OP is eligible to enter Turkey, the contract between QR and the OP is for travel between the United Kingdom and the State of Qatar.

* I know QR is accepting two separate tickets on QR but not sure about a QR flight followed by a flight operated by a different airline.
BA is one of the generous airlines that allows people that have a transfer to a third country on a separate ticket on a different airline but most other airlines are not generous like BA accepting passengers who doesn't meet the criteria for their final destination on their first ticket and have an onward flight to a third country.

By the way, LHR-DOH-FRA or something similar would have worked without issues.

LondonElite Nov 30, 2020 6:18 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32852591)
BA is one of the generous airlines that allows people that have a transfer to a third country on a separate ticket on a different airline but most other airlines are not generous like BA accepting passengers who doesn't meet the criteria for their final destination on their first ticket and have an onward flight to a third country.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? BA doesn't decide UK entry procedures.

corporate-wage-slave Nov 30, 2020 6:42 am

* I know QR is accepting two separate tickets on QR but not sure about a QR flight followed by a flight operated by a different airline.

Yes, QR are fine with this, they have had do do this anyway thanks to the long running dispute with the GCC, but even before that QR were fine so long as no luggage was involved.

By the way, LHR-DOH-FRA or something similar would have worked without issues.

On paper yes, but in reality you would probably have nervous QR staff reluctant to commit on that one. It could be seen as an open jaw to and from DOH, even if the transit time was under 24 hours. So had the OP checked with this forum before booking I would have advised an IST or similar option rather than FRA.

ISTFlyer Nov 30, 2020 6:44 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32852600)
I'm not sure what you mean by this? BA doesn't decide UK entry procedures.

Sorry for the confusion; what I meant was;

If you are flying:

LHR-DOH with BA followed by a separate ticket with Ethiopian to Tanzania, BA would allow you to board the LHR-DOH flight if you show your onward DOH-ADD-DAR ticket with ET as UK citizens are allowed to enter Tanzania at the moment.

If you're flying IST-DOH with TK followed by a separate ticket with ET to Tanzania, TK would not allow you to board the IST-DOH flight stating that the passenger is not eligible to enter Qatar which is his final destination on his ticket with TK.

Similar situation for Russia;

Pre-COVID, on BA services to DME, people were able to fly LHR-DME without a Russian visa by showing an onward separate S7 ticket to the check-in and gate agent whereas some airlines like TK would not allow a UK citizen to board a flight to Russia without a visa unless the passenger has a connection to a third country on the same ticket.

Freddorick Nov 30, 2020 7:34 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32852656)

If you are flying:

LHR-DOH with BA followed by a separate ticket with Ethiopian to Tanzania, BA would allow you to board the LHR-DOH flight if you show your onward DOH-ADD-DAR ticket with ET as UK citizens are allowed to enter Tanzania at the moment.

If you're flying IST-DOH with TK followed by a separate ticket with ET to Tanzania, TK would not allow you to board the IST-DOH flight stating that the passenger is not eligible to enter Qatar which is his final destination on his ticket with TK.

Pre-COVID, on BA services to DME, people were able to fly LHR-DME without a Russian visa by showing an onward separate S7 ticket to the check-in and gate agent whereas some airlines like TK would not allow a UK citizen to board a flight to Russia without a visa unless the passenger has a connection to a third country on the same ticket.

So you saying BA agents tend to be more confident? Good to know, I wasn’t aware, although I am guessing that might depend on the individual agent/ supervisor? Any other airlines that are more accommodating in your experience?

Now that you mention it, I once did a TWOV in PVG departing from BEG with QR and continuing to HKG. The BEG agent needed a lot of convincing to issue boarding passes but ultimately did (after checking with QR supervisor on the ground and DOH office). I figured it might have just been the case of a third party checkin agent that likely was not very familiar with timatic/ TWOV in China.

ISTFlyer Nov 30, 2020 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Freddorick (Post 32852741)
So you saying BA agents tend to be more confident? Good to know, I wasn’t aware, although I am guessing that might depend on the individual agent/ supervisor? Any other airlines that are more accommodating in your experience?

Now that you mention it, I once did a TWOV in PVG departing from BEG with QR and continuing to HKG. The BEG agent needed a lot of convincing to issue boarding passes but ultimately did (after checking with QR supervisor on the ground and DOH office). I figured it might have just been the case of a third party checkin agent that likely was not very familiar with timatic/ TWOV in China.

Until today, I never took the risk of two separate tickets where I am not admitted into the final destination of the first ticket but from my experience from the forum reading other people's posts, I could tell that the US3 is also lenient. Not sure about other airlines.

nufnuf77 Nov 30, 2020 8:47 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32852835)
Until today, I never took the risk of two separate tickets where I am not admitted into the final destination of the first ticket but from my experience from the forum reading other people's posts, I could tell that the US3 is also lenient. Not sure about other airlines.

Pre COVID i never had issues with any visa when on separate tickets, provided luggage wasnt involved (and it never was involved!)
The best fun itinerary was LHR-FRA-PVG-ZRH-LHR without visa under the 6 day TWOV rule.

ISTFlyer Nov 30, 2020 9:14 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 32852920)
Pre COVID i never had issues with any visa when on separate tickets, provided luggage wasnt involved (and it never was involved!)
The best fun itinerary was LHR-FRA-PVG-ZRH-LHR without visa under the 6 day TWOV rule.

It could be a hit or miss.
By the way, I remember that someone told me that WOW Air ( RIP ) denied boarding a mutual friend ( a friend of a friend ) when flying KEF-LGW ( WW ) and LGW-IST ( TK ) on separate tickets because the passengers didn't have the correct documents to enter to the UK ( UK visa in this case ).

I don't know if checked baggage was involved or not and I don't know the logic why they didn't attempt transferring from a Schengen country rather than the UK where they wouldn't had any issues. I also don't have information on how did they get to Iceland on their outbound from Turkey. My guess is that they bought the cheapest combination on Skyscanner or somewhere similar as IST-KEF fares are generally the double price compared to transferring somewhere in central Europe on separate tickets.

LondonElite Nov 30, 2020 9:52 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32852656)

If you are flying:

OK, understood!

Howard Long Nov 30, 2020 10:22 am

However this ends up for me (and my expectations have been re-managed due to this forum), there have been a number of interesting tales, which demonstrate the complexities and downfalls of some arrangements.

When I booked the flights on Thursday, and then on Sunday morning at the airport, I didn't consider there was anything particularly to think about, I'd already looked through what appeared to me to be reasonable due diligence.

The take away from all this is down to this one technicality: doing a back-to-back isn't treated the same as being a transit passenger.

Interestingly I haven't yet heard anything from my supplier, I texted and emailed her to explain the situation before she checked in to her flight to DOH, but have yet to receive a response.

My lesson of the past 48 hours is that hindsight is a truly wonderful thing!

LondonElite Nov 30, 2020 10:24 am

Haha, maybe she was denied boarding as well for trying to pull the same caper! ;)

ISTFlyer Nov 30, 2020 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Howard Long (Post 32853139)

Interestingly I haven't yet heard anything from my supplier, I texted and emailed her to explain the situation before she checked in to her flight to DOH, but have yet to receive a response.

Wait, was she doing the same thing from another outstation?
XXX-DOH-XXX with a same-day turnaround.

Howard Long Nov 30, 2020 10:33 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32853146)
Haha, maybe she was denied boarding as well for trying to pull the same caper! ;)

Hmm, not sure about a "caper", that strongly suggests bad faith, but I wouldn't be surprised if she found herself in the same boat: however I thought I'd have reached her well before her airport arrival time, let alone her departure time.