Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

February 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

February 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
If you are referring to 1st and 4th April - the BA7059 / BA7058 are scheduled to to be operated on an IB A359. I think given IB still schedule a widebody on this route (despite the covid issues) shows that at least 1 wide-body is needed on this route for cargo alone.

Pilot37
sadly the cost of change is too high for the novelty
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
sadly the cost of change is too high for the novelty
Does anyone know if we can do Same Day Change for free to the Iberia flight?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ajbrowc
Does anyone know if we can do Same Day Change for free to the Iberia flight?
SDC is only supposed to be changing to flights marketed and operated by British Airways.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Just had my 777 to Madrid on 460/461 downgraded to a 320. Shame I chose those flights for the novelty. At least it’s the cheap £170 CE return tickets for April. (1st/4th)
Same here for 17th and 20th April.... ✈️
Like you it was the novelty value...

Still a long weekend in Madrid will be good
Hopefully by then they'll be open with no quarantine
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:11 am

BA Flights to Miami in August Changed aircraft

Hi all been reading your posts and hoping someone could help. My return flight to Miami in August has change from a A350 to a A380. Only reason I picked these flights was for the A350 is there a chance this will change back as all the flight routes info I could find said it would be a A350 route from March 2021. Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:50 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
Originally Posted by nickmills
well that’s rubbish then isn’t it! Not
sure how BA (and other airlines of course) expect to attract bookings when they are casually just cancelling flights willy nilly. The uncertainty that goes
with that, on top of people
They tell us people are not travelling... but I'm sure I am not alone in not making any long-term plans while flights are being cancelled - especially where multi-leg flights or even multi-city visits are being planned.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, Nick Neal!
Originally Posted by Nick Neal
My return flight to Miami in August has change from a A350 to a A380. Only reason I picked these flights was for the A350 is there a chance this will change back as all the flight routes info I could find said it would be a A350 route from March 2021.
No information about aircraft types is reliable at the moment, except in the short term (a few weeks).

The only thing that I think can be reasonably confidently said is that there's only a low chance that your flight will actually be operated by an A380. But it could be almost any other long-haul aircraft. Don't book anything on the basis of an aircraft type.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Welcome to FT, Nick Neal!No information about aircraft types is reliable at the moment, except in the short term (a few weeks).

The only thing that I think can be reasonably confidently said is that there's only a low chance that your flight will actually be operated by an A380. But it could be almost any other long-haul aircraft. Don't book anything on the basis of an aircraft type.
I'm in the same position; LHR-MIA in May swapped from A350 to A380. Like the previous poster I specifically picked the flight for the A350 business class seat. The flight has moved by 20 mins, so I can't cancel and get a refund under the (old) 2 hour rule, but given there has been a significant change in the product I wish I could. With hindsight, I should have waited til closer in before booking until the position has settled. I agree that the A380 is unlikely, so what are the other options - 777? now that would be a blow!
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Welcome to FT, Nick Neal!No information about aircraft types is reliable at the moment, except in the short term (a few weeks).

Thanks for the response hopefully this could be change back to an A350 or a refurbished aircraft but will have to wait and see I suppose.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by tim0409
I'm in the same position; LHR-MIA in May swapped from A350 to A380. Like the previous poster I specifically picked the flight for the A350 business class seat. The flight has moved by 20 mins, so I can't cancel and get a refund under the (old) 2 hour rule, but given there has been a significant change in the product I wish I could. With hindsight, I should have waited til closer in before booking until the position has settled. I agree that the A380 is unlikely, so what are the other options - 777? now that would be a blow!
very disappointed as the old business class seat is not a great product and would of looked at using someone else like virgin as their old upper class seat is better than the old BA seat. Will might still enquire about refunding and moving airline..
Old Dec 9, 2020, 8:03 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tim0409
I agree that the A380 is unlikely, so what are the other options - 777? now that would be a blow!
As someone who flies the MIA - LHR route every 4-5 weeks, I’ve had almost every LH type rostered on the route pretty much in the last 6 months, and it has consistently ended up being a B789, so don’t discount that type. I’ve had 772’s, 7810’s, A350’s, A380’s. As others have said, it all feels like placeholders, until they need to fix the type maybe 2 weeks out, when it nearly always reverts back to a B789. So until about 2 weeks out, don’t assume anything.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Seats changed to BKK on 8th Feb. Just waiting for the cancellation now.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Neal
... is there a chance this will change...
Absolutely, yes!

rb211.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
My SOF-HNL trip has finally bitten the dust with the cancellation of my LHR-SOF positioning and SOF-LHR first leg on 18 Feb, which was b2b.

This was the last of my big trips to be cancelled due to Covid and ill breathe a sigh of relief when the ££ is back in my account.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hey - I am looking to find a flight that is currently bookable that has a high chance of being cancelled leaving from the US. We need to abandon a return flight having flown the outbound already. What is anyone's guess on the best route / time to pick?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.