Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

February 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:08 am

Presumably I need to accept the change first to do anything online, all I get in manage my booking is the rebooking info with the accept button or suggestion to call if I disagree?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by taranty
Presumably I need to accept the change first to do anything online, all I get in manage my booking is the rebooking info with the accept button or suggestion to call if I disagree?
sometimes you will also get a change button which will allow you to search and pick other flights. You can go in to that and have a look without committing. If not tho, you would need to call to pick something else other than what has been automatically offered.

If you want something other than what has been automatically offered do not click the accept button otherwise you will have accepted the change and can do nothing else.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:18 am

Thanks, that was my concern. The only option I have is accept, so I'll call them.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Anticipating issues with the OTA booking due to cancellations

My LHR JFK flight in CW is zeroed out in February. Its a part of a DME LHR JFK DFW itinerary. They havent cancelled it yet but they will. As the ticket was booked through Arangrant it will be a nightmare dealing with the changes. I am also quite sure the JFK DFW ticketed as a BA codeshare on AA flight will be cancelled also but AA doesnt do those changes until the last week of the prior month so end of January. Wonder if BA would be willing to take over the ticket so I can communicate with them instead of the agency. Likely no but have a faint unreasonable hope.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by asnovici
My LHR JFK flight in CW is zeroed out in February. Its a part of a DME LHR JFK DFW itinerary. They havent cancelled it yet but they will. As the ticket was booked through Arangrant it will be a nightmare dealing with the changes. I am also quite sure the JFK DFW ticketed as a BA codeshare on AA flight will be cancelled also but AA doesnt do those changes until the last week of the prior month so end of January. Wonder if BA would be willing to take over the ticket so I can communicate with them instead of the agency. Likely no but have a faint unreasonable hope.
No chance whatsoever, there is no point even calling about that since they won't be able to see the details. They may do so if you remain unresolved at 24 hours to departure, but otherwise you have to deal with your travel agency. I presume you didn't have a choice about using a travel agency but in the current climate it's not a great idea.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
My late February A380 LHR-JNB changed to a 777 yesterday.

Mid-March return is still listed as A380, but I expect that will change nearer the date.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond

Sadly another month, another thread.

My BA 790 LHR GOT on Feb 10 2021 has been cancelled.

As this was a B2B to eventually get us to OGG, booked with AA, I fully expect the return on the same day (BA 791?) to be cancelled and 'bang' there goes the entire run. A shame but unsurprising.

Good luck to all those affected in the rest of the month.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Happily, my London to Gothenburg flight (BA792) in February has been cancelled and I can get a refund.

This was the positioning flight for an aborted ex-EU trip to Hawaii, currently also in the process of being refunded.
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Misco60
Happily, my London to Gothenburg flight (BA792) in February has been cancelled and I can get a refund.

This was the positioning flight for an aborted ex-EU trip to Hawaii, currently also in the process of being refunded.
Snap, as you will no doubt have expected, given we were tracking each other .
Misco60 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Just had my GVA flights on a Saturday in Feb cancelled. Interestingly they didn’t rebook me onto another service.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:38 am

LHR-DUS down from 6 to 1 a day all the way through to 10 February.

Couldn't have picked a worse date: Was meant to fly LHR-DUS on 10 February (which is now cancelled) before flying back DUS-LHR-Americas on 11 February (not cancelled yet). I'm sure it's just a matter of time though...
Old Nov 30, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Prague down from multiple daily to one daily flight Thu Fri Sun in February.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Had a couple of bookings to MAD in March but looks like the 777 is off MAD for Feb & March ! Only two hours but a CW seat is preferred over CE seat ! Shame.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Just had my GVA flights on a Saturday in Feb cancelled. Interestingly they didn’t rebook me onto another service.
Same for me. My GVA flight was on a Sunday and the return on Wednesday. Both cancelled.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Received cancellation emails today for several JFK/LHR roundtrips in February which had been zeroed out for a few days. I checked EF and looks like the schedule is down to 2 flights per day through end of Feb. Starting Mar 1 it's back to 6 flights per day for sale (for now...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.