Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

February 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

February 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Old Nov 28, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA2781 FNC - LHR on 09/02/21 cancelled, new flight offered for 10/02/21.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AussieInLondon
BA2781 FNC - LHR on 09/02/21 cancelled, new flight offered for 10/02/21.
funny they feel the need to reduce/combine flights and still have 12 rows of CE on the 10th!
Old Nov 28, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Quite pleased that BA107 (the day flight from DXB to LHR) in late Feb has switched from a 789 to an A350 - I’m in Club World. Ironically flew this route in Feb this year and it switched from 744 (I’d got an UD seat) to A350 to 3 class 777 so hoping I get to try Club Suites at last. Not holding my breath that I’ll even be going anywhere yet, which in itself would be lovely having not flown since Feb 2020, but if it could stick as a Club Suites aircraft that would be marvellous.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
A JER-LHR at the beginning of February has been cancelled, and I've been auto-rebooked onto the only flight that day. It looks like most days around then are one flight, with a second flight on a few days.

Ironically, I didn't need this one to be cancelled as I'm aiming for an FTV anyway!
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
BA1488 / 5Feb cancelled! Usual farce calling to get a refund!

No flight north after 4 pm. It’s a nonsense this far out and of course fares up from Ł30 to Ł39 on back of this.

there really is a desperate need for domestic competition ex LHR
lhrpete likes this.

Last edited by binman; Nov 28, 2020 at 1:32 pm
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
i remember when there was domestic competition with little red, no one flew with them and they gave up after a few months!

anyway, there is a february thread running already February 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes
L1705 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
i remember when there was domestic competition with little red, no one flew with them and they gave up after a few months!

anyway, there is a february thread running already February 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes
Yes there was but they had so few flights it was very difficult to use them. If BA are to maintain a monopoly as they currently have, then there must be a requirement to operate flights. Domestic services are disproportionately cancelled at times of disruption or whim. Having no flight northbound after 4pm on a Friday night is utterly ludicrous. England/London airways indeed!
lhrpete likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by browa161
My LAX A380 flight at the end of February has now changed to a 789.
you might want to keep an eye on that one.I saw my LAX-LHR go from an A380 to a 789 about a month out, only to see it get swapped out for an old rickety 777-200 with 12F about 2 weeks before departure.
browa161 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 7:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by binman
BA1488 / 5Feb cancelled! Usual farce calling to get a refund!

No flight north after 4 pm. It’s a nonsense this far out and of course fares up from Ł30 to Ł39 on back of this.

there really is a desperate need for domestic competition ex LHR
With a flight being cancelled this far out, personally I would have left the booking in stasis for say another 6 weeks. It just isn’t clear at the moment what demand will look like in Feb
Old Nov 28, 2020, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Istanbul down to single daily from 11 January to 1 March with a modified schedule.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 12:44 am

Yes there was but they had so few flights it was very difficult to use them. If BA are to maintain a monopoly as they currently have, then there must be a requirement to operate flights. Domestic services are disproportionately cancelled at times of disruption or whim. Having no flight northbound after 4pm on a Friday night is utterly ludicrous. England/London airways indeed!
Ryanair, Easyjet...
Neilgcal likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes there was but they had so few flights it was very difficult to use them.
Dreadful, wasn't it? Three rotations a week, or something like that?

Little Red should have been required - required, I say - to operate at least three daily flights before being allowed on a route.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
It has been ever thus though - going back to the days of BD, at the slightest reason BA cancelled, BD operated. It's just worse now though because there is no BD!
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:51 am

I booked Newcastle to Salzburg via Heathrow last night, and today the Newcastle connections were both cancelled (BA1337 on Feb 3rd and BA1338 on Feb 7th). They have surpassed themselves with the rebooking for the return leg though, is there some kind of time travel facility offered to enable me to make this connection:

The 4h35m bit is technically correct, but I'm not sure about it being "to" the next flight! I'll now need to get the first flight back next morning, don't suppose BA will stump up for overnight accomodation?!
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
that's fairly typical. the affected flight is changed without reference to others in the booking. at some point it will be picked up, or just change online or call if you know what you want to change to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.