Search

message from new CEO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
message from new CEO

I was particularly taken by this
I know that the sight of a red, white and blue tailfin when you’re far from home, the reassuring voice of a British Airways pilot and the offer of a cup of tea from a crew member means everything
I certainly know this feeling
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Beats every message I received from Alex Cruz. This was heartfelt from a committed BA employee.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WhyteIG
I was particularly taken by this
I know that the sight of a red, white and blue tailfin when you’re far from home, the reassuring voice of a British Airways pilot and the offer of a cup of tea from a crew member means everything
I certainly know this feeling
That line also stood out for me. I thought it was a good email, I look forward to returning to the skies with BA soon.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:52 pm

Dunno about you but I'm pretty bored stiff of CEO messages.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by WhyteIG
...the offer of a cup of tea from a crew member...
Not quite the same when you have the card terminal thrust in your face, is it?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Meanwhile the Qantas CEO says we know how much you’ll love flying with us after you’ve had a swab up your nose and an injection in your arm...we can’t wait to welcome you back!!!!
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Deleted
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Meanwhile the Qantas CEO says we know how much you’ll love flying with us after you’ve had a swab up your nose and an injection in your arm...we can’t wait to welcome you back!!!!
5 mins of mild discomfort or 24 hours desiccating in a clapped out 777 on a CW aisle seat, tough one 🤔
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I thought it was a great email. You can't really ask for more than that at the moment, but it was pitched outside corporate BS and was nicely written. Anyone senior in BA is damned if they do and damned if they don't, but there was much to like about this. Benefit of the doubt applies.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For those who are not on the mailing list, here is the full email from Seán Doyle.

Originally Posted by Seán Doyle
Dear Mr CWS

I was honoured to re-join British Airways in October as its CEO.

After 20 years at the airline, in 2018 I went to work as CEO with the superb team at our sister carrier, Aer Lingus. Of course, much has changed in the intervening two years, not just at British Airways, but across the world.

Like many of our current and former BA colleagues, I watched from a distance last month as British Airways waved an emotional goodbye to the Queen of the Skies - our Boeing 747 jumbo jets - as they left Heathrow for the very last time. It was a sobering sight and a stark reminder that life may never return to what we had so happily taken for granted.

Since then of course, parts of Britain have had to contend with further lockdown measures, necessary to stop the spread of Covid-19 and save lives. And many of the countries we miss seeing are also facing tough restrictions that limit not only our ability to fly, but our opportunity for freedom.

We know that you, our customers, are dealing with the life-changing consequences this crisis has brought. We have been separated from our families, friends and colleagues and had to make life choices which have caused considerable pain and required tremendous resilience.

But that stoicism is what makes Britain and British Airways great. Our world has been turned upside down and our business has had to change and continues to adapt to the challenges we face. We are a smaller team, but the size of our ambition has not changed. I am humbled to have been asked to lead the British Airways team into its second century and as we strive together to maintain and rebuild an airline which makes the nation proud, we will ensure that you sit at the heart of our decisions, always.

I know that the sight of a red, white and blue tailfin when you’re far from home, the reassuring voice of a British Airways pilot and the offer of a cup of tea from a crew member means everything. If the pandemic has taught us anything it’s the value of simple pleasures, the importance of kindness and it has reminded us of what we can achieve when we work together.

As I re-join British Airways, on behalf of our airline family, I want to thank you for the support you’ve shown over the past few months and for the trust you continue to place in us. We never take your loyalty for granted and without you we are all aware that our business would not be operating. We will continue to keep you safe, and we hope that with your support British Airways will soar again.

We hope to see you in the coming months as restrictions ease and to be able to welcome you at some point with a visible smile to show our gratitude.

Until then, we wish you and your families well.
Thank you,

Seán Doyle
CEO, British Airways
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
I thought it was a great email. You can't really ask for more than that at the moment, but it was pitched outside corporate BS and was nicely written. Anyone senior in BA is damned if they do and damned if they don't, but there was much to like about this. Benefit of the doubt applies.
I’m sure I am in a minority but I found it mawkishly jingoistic. The cuppa vignette was an unfortunate example, but I do wish the company would have the directness and simplicity to be as transactional in its marketing as the passenger experience it delivers; rather than tugging on our heart strings with evocations of British gumption (which we’ve all heard before and from companies much more entitled to do so than BA) give us some instances of how BA is showing some of this kindness.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:12 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I’m sure I am in a minority but I found in mawkishly jingoistic. The cuppa vignette was an unfortunate example, but I do wish the company would have the directness and simplicity to be as transactional in its marketing as the passenger experience it delivers; rather than tugging on our heart strings with evocations of British gumption (which we’ve all heard before and from companies much more entitled to do so that BA) give us some instances of how BA is showing some of this kindness.
Obviously not flying for 10 months is the same as surviving the Blitz! /s
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:18 pm

Well apart from the "stoicism" line, and heaven forfend the UK might be showing a bit of that in a crisis, the only vaguely jingoistic line is the one about tailfins. And I'm not jingoistic in the slightest, but seeing a BA tail and hearing the British cabin crew accents does always raise my spirits at the end of a long trip. I can't read that as mawkish, it resonates.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
Obviously not flying for 10 months is the same as surviving the Blitz! /s
And indeed so obvious it is that the email doesn't even feel it necesasary to mention it.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Not a bad effort and much closer to what BA needs to be communicating. 7/10 from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.