Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeathSlam
Link thanks to florens, so others don't have to search the whole (now lengthy) thread.

https://www.whatabuy.co.uk/british-airways

Due to exposure on the BBC it looks like the company was swamped with a deluge of orders far greater than they expected, so some deliveries are taking a while to ship.
Many people have received their deliveries, so it looks like if you have a confirmation email for your purchase it should eventually be fulfilled.

On 1st Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to all customers to say
Please be assured that if you received a 'confirmation of order' screen at the end of your transaction, we have a record of your purchase and are working on processing this, even if you did not receive a confirmation email.

On 9th Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to customers to say
Please be assured that we are doing our upmost to fulfil all orders as quickly as possible, with all orders placed between the 23rd and 27th of November due to be shipped by Monday 14th December and all orders placed between the 28th November and 7th December due to be shipped by Monday 21st December.

Print Wikipost

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:16 am

Exclamation First dibs!

Hello all,

The lady of the house (she who must be obeyed) came across my collection of fine bone china, the BA 747 First cups & saucers by William-Edwards. In short, she was not best pleased that I still have them and feels that we don't need them nor use them. To give some prior context I was given a prior warning about these a year ago but never did anything about it. I have been given an altermatem in that I can keep one for my personal use but the remainder need to go very soon or they will either end up in a charity shop or worse still binned when I least expect it!

As you can see they are all in perfect condition as they have never been used and just sat at the back of a cupboard. The one problem is postage and packaging. Now the original was sent via courier and the packaging is long gone. I am a little skeptical of packaging and posting it out in case they break but would consider payment on collection in the UK unless you wish to arrange your own shipping requirements. I am in London regularly so can arrange a time and place.

If you are interested then please DM with an offer.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Bin them, bin her I say!
Jimmie76, Jagboi and drwook like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
Hello all,

The lady of the house (she who must be obeyed) came across my collection of fine bone china, the BA 747 First cups & saucers by William-Edwards. In short, she was not best pleased that I still have them and feels that we don't need them nor use them. To give some prior context I was given a prior warning about these a year ago but never did anything about it. I have been given an altermatem in that I can keep one for my personal use but the remainder need to go very soon or they will either end up in a charity shop or worse still binned when I least expect it!

As you can see they are all in perfect condition as they have never been used and just sat at the back of a cupboard. The one problem is postage and packaging. Now the original was sent via courier and the packaging is long gone. I am a little skeptical of packaging and posting it out in case they break but would consider payment on collection in the UK unless you wish to arrange your own shipping requirements. I am in London regularly so can arrange a time and place.

If you are interested then please DM with an offer.
DM sent from an old 747 F romantic whose wife has long given up on trying to control his spending habits…!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
As someone in the US who has longed to buy a set, I envy the issue of too much China !
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Bin them, bin her I say!
My first thought as well!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:19 pm

Sold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.