Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeathSlam
Link thanks to florens, so others don't have to search the whole (now lengthy) thread.

https://www.whatabuy.co.uk/british-airways

Due to exposure on the BBC it looks like the company was swamped with a deluge of orders far greater than they expected, so some deliveries are taking a while to ship.
Many people have received their deliveries, so it looks like if you have a confirmation email for your purchase it should eventually be fulfilled.

On 1st Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to all customers to say
Please be assured that if you received a 'confirmation of order' screen at the end of your transaction, we have a record of your purchase and are working on processing this, even if you did not receive a confirmation email.

On 9th Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to customers to say
Please be assured that we are doing our upmost to fulfil all orders as quickly as possible, with all orders placed between the 23rd and 27th of November due to be shipped by Monday 14th December and all orders placed between the 28th November and 7th December due to be shipped by Monday 21st December.

Print Wikipost

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
china with a metallic feature or design can possibly cause issues in the microwave which is why its not recommended, including on the william edward website. same with dishwasher...overall fine but detergents that are not gel-only can leave small pits over time.

that said, general bone china care for every day use shows me its generally just fine to do these things!
Old Dec 4, 2020, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I doubt many would have a microwave big enough to fit the large plates, dishwashers are ok.
Tbh the large First plate is slightly smaller the usual set of plates I have at home! No issues in my microwave and it isn’t a fancy big branded one!

Last edited by AirbusA350; Dec 4, 2020 at 1:38 pm
Old Dec 4, 2020, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Mines bigger than yours, why am I surprised! 👜👜
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 1:34 pm

Mines bigger than yours, why am I surprised! 👜👜
Lol...ok? For clarity, that wasn’t a “jibe” at you. I don’t carry forward potential disagreements from one thread to the other on a personal basis like some. Just mentioned my own experience with the purchase like others have done. And for the record I agree with your original quoted comment overall. Peace!

Last edited by AirbusA350; Dec 4, 2020 at 1:41 pm
Old Dec 4, 2020, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The 👜👜 meant I was joking.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 1:47 pm

The 👜👜 meant I was joking.
Text isn’t the easiest thing to interpret in the intended way especially when views in the past have been very contrasting. But good to know and I’ll know for next time! Thanks Have a good evening.

Moving back to the topic, is anyone still struggling to get through to Whatabuy? They’ve been completely blank and not responding. I ordered first large plates and side plates but they sent me the Club World nut bowls instead...emailed them, no response and also emailed Natalie as suggested by some. No response. It’s been well over a week. I’ve placed a PayPal dispute but they’ve not reacted to that either which is strange as usually that "wakes up" companies when their money might be at stake!
Can I help you likes this.

Last edited by AirbusA350; Dec 4, 2020 at 1:57 pm
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Large plates arrived. Outer box a bit crumpled, but all intact.
Time to retire the Ikea Flitighet £1.50 plates.
Richmond_Surrey likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
I’ve emailed Nathalie and Whatabuy 3 times. No response. Have now given up. Waiting for 3 orders. Will give it another week and then raise a dispute.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
And now it's made BBC:

British Airways' memorabilia sale hits snag as demand soars

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55160584
VSLover, flybymonkey and revorgap like this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Moving back to the topic, is anyone still struggling to get through to Whatabuy? They’ve been completely blank and not responding.
I've heard nothing on either of my orders since the order confirmations (23 and 26 November), and haven't received a reply to my email politely asking for an update. But both orders have been charged to my credit card.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Delivery advice not long arrived for my skipped over 21xxx order for First Bowls.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
the thing that continues to baffle me is why BA would have selected such an inept vendor to manage the sale and logistics. i'd think they would look for a company who would understand the basics of how to take orders and ship them securely.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
the thing that continues to baffle me is why BA would have selected such an inept vendor to manage the sale and logistics. i'd think they would look for a company who would understand the basics of how to take orders and ship them securely.
Probably the cheapest!
VSLover, IAMORGAN and ermis177 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
Probably because Kuehne+Nagel already hold the stock for BA. Whatabuy hasn’t had issues like this in the past, even when selling BA stock in September - I think they were vastly underprepared for the demand this time around.

The items are dispatched in the packaging that BA receive the items in, seems fine when when on a pallet etc, less adequate when going through DPD network seemingly (no dig at DPD, would likely be same with any other delivery company), though mine arrived intact.
VSLover and Genius1 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
And now it's made BBC:

British Airways' memorabilia sale hits snag as demand soars

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55160584
Spotted this story on the BBC app. Rather depressing this is actually considered news, let alone a top BBC story. It just seems to be social media types keen to get their faces and names in the media IMHO.

Following on from the previous Whatabuy story, someone on here has a direct line into the beeb or BBC journalists spend all their time trawling frequent flyer sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.