Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeathSlam
Link thanks to florens, so others don't have to search the whole (now lengthy) thread.

https://www.whatabuy.co.uk/british-airways

Due to exposure on the BBC it looks like the company was swamped with a deluge of orders far greater than they expected, so some deliveries are taking a while to ship.
Many people have received their deliveries, so it looks like if you have a confirmation email for your purchase it should eventually be fulfilled.

On 1st Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to all customers to say
Please be assured that if you received a 'confirmation of order' screen at the end of your transaction, we have a record of your purchase and are working on processing this, even if you did not receive a confirmation email.

On 9th Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to customers to say
Please be assured that we are doing our upmost to fulfil all orders as quickly as possible, with all orders placed between the 23rd and 27th of November due to be shipped by Monday 14th December and all orders placed between the 28th November and 7th December due to be shipped by Monday 21st December.

Print Wikipost

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
My order finally arrived 7 days after order,box burst open, DPD tape all over it in an attempt to repair despite the contents being visible, 6 tea cups missing. So far no reply from DPD, K&N or what a buy.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:23 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by alex67500
Received this from whatabuy a moment ago. Some acknowledgement that it's coming but they're struggling with the success of the sale.
I also got this.
I've added what I thought was the most salient bit to the wiki.
Globaliser likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
Received this from whatabuy a moment ago. Some acknowledgement that it's coming but they're struggling with the success of the sale.
I did too - at least my order wasn't ignored Slightly OT, I received a similar message from Brewdog regarding my order for BA speedbird.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
My Club blankets arrived yesterday and are great. Sorry to hear others have had issues. Aside from the confirmation I was only sent an email on the Monday telling me my delivery was on Tuesday.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Not filled with confidence that my 10am order from a week last Monday will turn up at all, let alone in one piece after reading the last few posts!
Same here, no reply to my emails at all.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 8:55 am

I do have some sympathy for the folks at the site.
It reminds me of the day I turned up at work and I had 3000 bug reports in my email intray.
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I do have some sympathy for the folks at the site.
It reminds me of the day I turned up at work and I had 3000 bug reports in my email intray.
I don’t. Kuehne+Nagel claim to be one of the largest logistics organisations in the world. They should be able to figure out sending out a few plates.
worldtrav, WST527, 81romeo and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
I don’t. Kuehne+Nagel claim to be one of the largest logistics organisations in the world. They should be able to figure out sending out a few plates.
They can’t forward them if Whatabuy haven’t shipped them.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
They can’t forward them if Whatabuy haven’t shipped them.
I was under the impression they were one and the same 🤔.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: BA GGL
Whatabuy is simply a trading name of Kuehne+Nagel (and says as much on the T&Cs on the site). I do wonder if it's a tiny arm run by a few individuals at the firm though.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I do wonder if it's a tiny arm run by a few individuals at the firm though.
This is also my suspicion.
A mom&pop operation that has been bought by K&N but essentially left 'as is'.
This is a very common model in M&A. It can take many years (sometimes never) before a new sub-unit becomes seamlessly incorporated in the larger organisation.
Can you imagine a large corps inbox ever becoming full?

My sympathies went not to K&N but to the staff of Whatabuy.

My order has not yet been shipped.
I am taking lots of photos of food at the moment, and they'd look a lot better on BA crockery than my Tesco stuff
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DeathSlam

My order has not yet been shipped.
I am taking lots of photos of food at the moment, and they'd look a lot better on BA crockery than my Tesco stuff
Will it taste any better though? 😀
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Update on my Large Plates order:

- order placed on the 24th Nov
- sent two emails to check on progress, no reply whatsoever
- "Order Dispatched" email received right now, 3rd Dec (delivery by DPD)

Don't give up hope
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I chased my order yesterday and had a lovely email back from Natalie apologising and telling me it will be dispatched today
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by simonsmith
I chased my order yesterday and had a lovely email back from Natalie apologising and telling me it will be dispatched today
hmm.. i have emailed her, but did not hear anything back from her since last weekend. Still no any sign of life from anyone on my order.... am now worried (not of the sending) but receiving broken or wrong items as indicated by a few posters - how are they going to replace it if they have sold of every thing? It would not be nice even with compensation to have weird number of items...

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.