Wiki Posts
Search

Fly drive question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2020, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Fly drive question

Anyone know if you can do the following?

book BA flight + avis / budget car for some travellers (ie holiday package) - all PAX under 30 years old
book same flight using avios for others but then have one of these (>30) be the lead driver on the car hire

I'm assuming that it's not possible but if anyone has done it successfully please let me know.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Why not just 'rotate' so the driver is in the booking with the car hire and someone else is on the Avios booking...?
Old Nov 21, 2020, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drwook
Why not just 'rotate' so the driver is in the booking with the car hire and someone else is on the Avios booking...?
Thanks but the avios booking is for a different class of travel and won't come under the same PNR.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by firstlight
Thanks but the avios booking is for a different class of travel and won't come under the same PNR.
I’m guessing it would be ok to swap and then inform the crew on board about who is where (phrasing in such a way to sound as if you’re asking permission).
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

So our solution to the problem was to buy a BA holiday (flight plus car) in WT+ and then UUA to J. As many will know on this board this is good for tier points, avios and cashflow and then we were able to buy multiple WT seats to Orlando for just £315 each. To put this into context we remember paying that much for an economy ticket to the same destination in 2001!

We looked at just getting avios J seats but they are not good value for this destination at 137k avios and 700pp taxes and fees, plus the car was 300 more than booking as a fly drive. Hope this helps others...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.