Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LATAM Award flights no longer bookable with Avios?

LATAM Award flights no longer bookable with Avios?

Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
My partner(Gold also) called BA today to book award seats with LATAM, after a long wait, he spoke to an agent who tried several methods to search for internal Colombian flights (BOG-CTG) and said he couldn’t get any access to search etc.

the wait time was too long for a HUACA, so he just booked cash fares with AV, but is it the case now that seats won’t be available? Purely for future reference.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
This does not sound like good news…..
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Any recent bookings? Looking to book LAX-LIM
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by frudd38
Any recent bookings? Looking to book LAX-LIM
Called yesterday and agent wasn't sure whether it was no availability or they no longer have access to LATAM....
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:38 am

I’m also looking to book Avios on LATAM LIM-EZE. I can’t see any availability at all.

Another thing. If I’m on LATAM with an IB flight number on a paid booking I understand I won’t get any TPs?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:30 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jonr405
Called yesterday and agent wasn't sure whether it was no availability or they no longer have access to LATAM....
They can book LATAM flights, if there is availability, called last week.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by GK1981
My partner(Gold also) called BA today to book award seats with LATAM, after a long wait, he spoke to an agent who tried several methods to search for internal Colombian flights (BOG-CTG) and said he couldn’t get any access to search etc.
Why would you book a CO dom. flight with AVIOS? Unless you book last minute or on a few certain days BOG-CTG is dirt cheap. Def. not worth the hassle, 2 min online and you booked/good to go.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why would you book a CO dom. flight with AVIOS? Unless you book last minute or on a few certain days BOG-CTG is dirt cheap. Def. not worth the hassle, 2 min online and you booked/good to go.
Why not? Ł8 tax and 9000 avios per person versus well over Ł100 with return with Latam once cases etc are added, adds up when you're taking 7-10 family members to the coast! And whilst LATAM were in oneworld, it was also 2 minutes to book online.

Cheap tickets also only generally available on horrible flight times (arriving 1am/departing 5am) or mid week, LATAM generally had award seats available on every service when award seats could be booked online.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by GK1981
Why not? Ł8 tax and 9000 avios per person versus well over Ł100 with return with Latam once cases etc are added, adds up when you're taking 7-10 family members to the coast! And whilst LATAM were in oneworld, it was also 2 minutes to book online.

Cheap tickets also only generally available on horrible flight times (arriving 1am/departing 5am) or mid week, LATAM generally had award seats available on every service when award seats could be booked online.
I have yet to pay GBP 100+ for a dom. return ticket in CO! You would be very unlucky if you have to pay such amount to CTG where the competition is fierce. Admittedly I fly AV and don't pay for luggage (Star Alliance G will give you 1 pcs checked luggage) but the LA fares seems comparable (before any luggage surcharge)
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
FYI - It's not just redemption bookings.

Last week, I tried booking a revenue ticket to a destination in Brazil only served by LATAM, and while previously it was quite easy to include this in a BA.com flight search, now, that airport code (as a destination, or an origin) generates the same error message as reported above for an award search.

Ended up booking via an OTA - all ticketed on 125- stock. Just super annoying to have to involve another party (as I'm now discovering, with BA having cancelled one of my flights just days after I'd booked it - and me now stuck in limbo trying to get protected onto flights that will actually operate).
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
They can book LATAM flights, if there is availability, called last week.
That is good news. Do you know the best way to find availability?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by srbrenna
That is good news. Do you know the best way to find availability?
I am not certain, as I have checked just a handful of dates for one route, but try checking reward availability on Delta's site (Book with miles, flexible dates). Select the lowest priced dates (not sure how they are called, but something like 30 000 miles for N to S America, not 100 000 or 200 000) and then make sure the flight is operated by LATAM, not Delta. Then call BAEC.
I haven't been able to find domestic availability this way, just intercontinental (S to N America), but don't know if there just weren't seats available or Delta doesn't show them.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
This is all utter bollocks. Its bookable. Call the gold line. the flights need to be available so you'll need to do a search.
If you get the overseas line, hang up.

For those who don't have access to the Gold line, well - that's a pity.

For the chap looking to book BOG-CTG - that flight is ridiculously cheap - not sure why you would bother with Avios anyway.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 2:12 am

Thanks. Where is the best place to search? BAEC?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by OpenSky
This is all utter bollocks. Its bookable. Call the gold line. the flights need to be available so you'll need to do a search.
If you get the overseas line, hang up.

For those who don't have access to the Gold line, well - that's a pity.

For the chap looking to book BOG-CTG - that flight is ridiculously cheap - not sure why you would bother with Avios anyway.
But how would you even search? Is award space shown on LANpass fully accessible to partners?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.