BA Avis Booking - Currency

Old Nov 18, 20, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
BA Avis Booking - Currency

Until now I've always used pay upfront, but with the uncertainty of flights operating over the coming holidays, I'd prefer to ensure everything can be cancelled without fees. If I book car hire through the BA Avis site in the EU for payment on collection, the price quoted is still in GBP. Will I be charged in GBP or EUR? Wondering which credit card to use.
Old Nov 18, 20, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ajbrowc View Post
Until now I've always used pay upfront, but with the uncertainty of flights operating over the coming holidays, I'd prefer to ensure everything can be cancelled without fees. If I book car hire through the BA Avis site in the EU for payment on collection, the price quoted is still in GBP. Will I be charged in GBP or EUR? Wondering which credit card to use.
In my experience the charge will be in GBP.
Old Nov 18, 20, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post
In my experience the charge will be in GBP.
My experiences would suggest the opposite, but at any rate if it's a pay on collection price it makes no difference as you'll only be paying at the Avis office so you can confirm in person there and then what the charge is

If you book a prepay rate with BA ( a BA Holidays package anyway) it is charged to you in GBP and then you get a 'voucher' which the local Avis office then uses to pay for the rental (sometimes with currency movements you can end up with a small extra charge, but never a refund!)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: