Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating guide: Embraer 190

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Row 25 - MMB shows it as an exit row, but is there additional legroom (given its right at the back of the bus, I'd only pick them if it was really worth it...)?
No extra legroom. They are marked as exit rows as under-12s are not allowed to occupy these seats. The only real benefit is if arriving at LCY you will be one of the first off, most of the time
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:30 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by EJetter
No extra legroom. They are marked as exit rows as under-12s are not allowed to occupy these seats. The only real benefit is if arriving at LCY you will be one of the first off, most of the time
Thanks, this is inbound to LCY so sounds like it's worth it...
Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Thanks, this is inbound to LCY so sounds like it's worth it...
Actually the whole of row 12 opened up so grabbed them instead. Not in any rush...
Old May 9, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Are the overhead lockers normal-sized (and empty of airline equipment) around the rear rows? I had a feeling that some lockers were either blocked or very shallow somewhere on the aircraft. Considering the back row for quick exit!
Old May 9, 2022, 1:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by volar
Are the overhead lockers normal-sized (and empty of airline equipment) around the rear rows? I had a feeling that some lockers were either blocked or very shallow somewhere on the aircraft. Considering the back row for quick exit!
I can confirm that the lockers above seats 25AB are reserved for crew use
SxMan and volar like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I’ve only time I’ve seen rear stairs not used is when we had a wheelchair passenger onboard. The rear door then has the lift vehicle lined up instead of the stairs.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 4:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Hijacking the tread for some advise.
I bagged awards from in 2 weeks FRA to LCY (CE) and LCY to RTM (ET) the next day.

Seat 2D flying into LCY, I am a bit of a geek so like to have the best city view during landing. Am I correct that would be D?.
Assuming clear skies and we land from the city to docklands. The other way doesn’t really matter 😀

Flying out to RTM I have 11A. Nothing further up front

Spending some Avios (24k) and only 2 Singapore dollar… initially booked Fra - LCY to AMS (30K) in club but cancelled that to fly to RTM instead. Avios returned, Cancellation cost SGD 2.

Used to live in the Canary wharf area over 15 years ago and enjoyed LCY… going to stay 1 night at the Hilton Canary Wharf opposite my old apartment…

Globalist
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
If you land from the City to Docklands then Canary Wharf will be on the righthand side of the landing aircraft so 'D' is the correct seat.
Due to our prevailing winds by far the majority of landings will be from along the Thames Estuary, so wish you luck on the day.
Globalist likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:32 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
The flights yesterday afternoon were coming in across the city and the view of the Shard from the D seats was staggering.

And tbh it was a beautiful day and the view from the A seats looked decent also (albeit I always choose D)

That said, the vast majority of times I have flown into LCY, the flights have landed the other way. But when you do get the city flyover on a clear day it’s hard to beat
Globalist likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If you are sat on the right hand side (D seats) and on 09 arrivals

Globalist and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Bluekjp
If you land from the City to Docklands then Canary Wharf will be on the righthand side of the landing aircraft so 'D' is the correct seat
Originally Posted by Fritz
The flights yesterday afternoon were coming in across the city and the view of the Shard from the D seats was staggering.
Originally Posted by KARFA
If you are sat on the right hand side (D seats) and on 09 arrivals
Love the responses, thanks!

Globalist
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 5:24 am

Is there an advantage to Club Europe if you can't get 2CD? If not, is this a relatively comfortable airplane? We're thinking of a one-way flight from BER-LCY. I'm a oneworld sapphire if that matters.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by richarddd
Is there an advantage to Club Europe if you can't get 2CD? If not, is this a relatively comfortable airplane? We're thinking of a one-way flight from BER-LCY. I'm a oneworld sapphire if that matters.
There are no blocked seats in Club on the Embraer, so no space advantages. Regular seats on this aircraft have 33 inches of pitch so the main differentiator is the on board service where you'll receive a meal instead of a packet of crisps/chocolate brownie, and a superior bar offering with premium spirits, champagne and better wines.
richarddd likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:41 am

There are no blocked seats in Club on the Embraer, so no space advantages. Regular seats on this aircraft have 33 inches of pitch so the main differentiator is the on board service where you'll receive a meal instead of a packet of crisps/chocolate brownie, and a superior bar offering with premium spirits, champagne and better wines.
I suppose other advantages are lounge access, priority boarding and possibly seat selection, all of which I'd presumably get as a OW sapphire. There'll be two of us, so there's no issue of sitting next to a stranger. The extra cost would therefore be for possibly getting 2CD (which might make it worthwhile), sitting up front and the likely unexciting meal. Alcohol is unimportant for us on such a flight.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
But no lounge at LCY, and no priority boarding for Saffs, only Emmas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.