Barbados permanently moved to LHR?

Old Nov 13, 20, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club
Barbados permanently moved to LHR?

Looking at timetables for a Caribbean trip next year and it looks like the BA 2155 has now moved to LHR with the BA255. What seems odd though is that ANU, UVF and other routes are still being served by LGW. Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread but can anyone shed some light on the rationale behind this? Is this a long term strategy from BA or more of a trial/test?
Old Nov 13, 20, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
I doubt there is much of a long term plan at all. BA is largely just getting by month by month at the moment.
BA5E, T8191, rockflyertalk and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 13, 20, 7:04 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by flscotab View Post
Looking at timetables for a Caribbean trip next year and it looks like the BA 2155 has now moved to LHR with the BA255. What seems odd though is that ANU, UVF and other routes are still being served by LGW. Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread but can anyone shed some light on the rationale behind this? Is this a long term strategy from BA or more of a trial/test?
I suspect we could see a standardisation of LH fleet at LGW with 3 class only. Barbados well and truly deserves to a be a 4 class route with strong F yields AYR.

I think the original plan was to reintroduce an LHR rotation to complement LGW.
Old Nov 13, 20, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
My June 2021 BGI flights have been moved from LGW to LHR a couple of months ago lending me to believe its days at Gatwick are behind it for now.

Of course once once there is presure of slot availability at LHR in the future that could easily be reversed.
Old Nov 13, 20, 10:16 am

I believe the days of First at LGW are limited. BGI and BDA move to LHR for summer 21. No other route from LGW has sufficient demand for F. There is an oddball fleet of 3 777s at LGW with F which I can see being scrapped.
Old Nov 16, 20, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by GSTBD View Post
I believe the days of First at LGW are limited. BGI and BDA move to LHR for summer 21. No other route from LGW has sufficient demand for F. There is an oddball fleet of 3 777s at LGW with F which I can see being scrapped.
Thanks, this makes sense. What I do wonder about though is that ANU, UVF, POS & GND have historically been served by BA F multiple times a week and always seem to be quite busy. Surprised they haven't moved now with the limited capacity at LHR.
Old Nov 16, 20, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by flscotab View Post
Thanks, this makes sense. What I do wonder about though is that ANU, UVF, POS & GND have historically been served by BA F multiple times a week and always seem to be quite busy. Surprised they haven't moved now with the limited capacity at LHR.
I always wondered what would happen to those three F configured frames once BGI and BDA moved over to LHR. They can easily move them over to LHR seeing that they are hardly different seating wise from the LHR based frames. I'm sure they have quite a few options, like maybe flying them to Doha?:

Old Nov 16, 20, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
What's the three oddball frames?
Old Nov 16, 20, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by skipness1E View Post
What's the three oddball frames?
The three 4 class 777s. G-VIIV/W/Y.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: