eVouchers can now be used in BA app

Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
eVouchers can now be used in BA app

Mods feel free to move to a better thread.

BA's iOS app has a new update in the Apple App Store.

"Good news. You can now use eVouchers to pay for bookings within the app.
Simply find the flight you'd like, review your booking and apply your eVoucher. And if you don't use all of it, we'll send you another eVoucher covering the difference."
golfmad, alex67500 and wilsnunn like this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 3:21 pm

Android app has had this for a week or so. Tested, works
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan
I can't seem to make the function work. I keep getting told to check the details (but the details are correct). Very frustrating - I was so excited to see this as an option.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Only allows 1 voucher to be used per booking as well. Is so annoying they try implement things in the cheapest, most inflexible way
florens and SxMan like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
I cant seem to see anything on my app....

Am I missing something?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You should see the option on the flight summary, and click on it brings up the entry page.

rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The mobile site has allowed this all along, which isn't a great deal less convenient than the app.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by KARFA
You should see the option on the flight summary, and click on it brings up the entry page.

I see now, thanks.

I have an email which quotes a 125- no which to me looks like a ticket number- is this what needs to be entered or do I have a different type of voucher?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Will100
I see now, thanks.

I have an email which quotes a 125- no which to me looks like a ticket number- is this what needs to be entered or do I have a different type of voucher?
if your email showed a value for your voucher then that is an online evoucher you can use it on the website or app, the email should look like this:

Your eVoucher has arrived

Dear Mr KARFA,

Good news. Your eVoucher is here and you can use it right away. Thank you for your patience while we were processing your application

Your new eVoucher details
125-xxxxxxxxxx / GBPxx.xx / KARFA / [email protected]

You can use this eVoucher topay or part-pay for a new booking online. We’ll give you another eVoucher if you don’t use its full value.
If there is no value shown then it is an offline FTV and you need to call to use it. Your email would look like this:

Your future travel voucher is here. Thank you for your patience while we processed your application.

Voucher code(s)
125-xxxxxxxxxx

You can use this voucher to pay or part-pay for a new booking. We'll give you another voucher if you don't use its full value. Your voucher has the same value as your original booking.

Flights or holidays booked using your voucher must be completed by 30 April 2022.

How to use your voucher
Simply call us when you're ready to book a flight or holiday, tell us your voucher code(s) and we'll complete your booking.
cad-spe likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Nov 17, 2020 at 2:20 pm
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
if your email showed a value for your voucher then that is an online evoucher you can use it on the website or app, the email should look like this:
Just to add to the hotdude's comments, eVouchers start 125-4 something, FTVs will be something else such as 125-2. More information in the main Rebook thread.
aks120, cad-spe, KARFA and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
If BA is reading, it would really be helpful to apply more than 1 evouchers at once to not have to call.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by florens
If BA is reading, it would really be helpful to apply more than 1 evouchers at once to not have to call.
yep agreed. You can do though the website. But cant mix currencies. You can mix if you fall up. I passed that on during my phone call
Old Nov 18, 2020, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by florens
Or for the eVouchers not to all glitch out *bangs head repeatedly on wall*
Old Nov 18, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Can the BA team merge e-vouchers together? I have 7...

Also after all this time on Flyertalk, only just realised I work for the same company as Karfa...
KARFA and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 3:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Can the BA team merge e-vouchers together? I have 7...

Also after all this time on Flyertalk, only just realised I work for the same company as Karfa...
In some circumstances, up to 3 FTVs can be combined into a mega-voucher, if you call in - and that's the terminology to request it. It doesn't always work, again depending on the underlying complexities.
Sam Bee likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.