Wiki Posts
Search

BA to Stockholm

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: british airways
BA to Stockholm

Hi! My husband and I will be returning to Stockholm from the USA via LHR. I haven't booked our flight from LHR-ARN yet as I was waiting to see is our AUS-LHR flight was going ahead (it isn't). After the latest lockdown was announced a few days later I noticed flights from LHR - ARN were 'unavailable' from Nov 25 - Dec 7th. Then the next day they became available again (some days with reduced frequency). I just looked and there seem to be more days becoming unavailable again during that period. would anyone know if these are cancellations? Would it be possible that they all get cancelled? Thank you for any insight you can offer.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
That's not quite what I am seeing at
ba.com/schedules

As I see it, there will be about 3 flights a week during Lockdown 2.0, and then from Monday 7 December 2 or 3 flights a day to ARN. I suspect the timings don't always work for AUS/DFW services. This is totally likely to change, and change, and change, and those travelling at this period just have to work on what we know and adjust as necessary. So I'd just book something, if you know for sure that you are travelling, and then be flexible about what may or may not happen.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Given the lockdowns across Europe, it is likely that more flights will be cancelled. We don’t really know the schedule this far out. I’m curious, why would you not book this as a single ticket instead of two separate ones?
Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That's not quite what I am seeing at
ba.com/schedules

As I see it, there will be about 3 flights a week during Lockdown 2.0, and then from Monday 7 December 2 or 3 flights a day to ARN. I suspect the timings don't always work for AUS/DFW services. This is totally likely to change, and change, and change, and those travelling at this period just have to work on what we know and adjust as necessary. So I'd just book something, if you know for sure that you are travelling, and then be flexible about what may or may not happen.
Thank you for the info and the nudge to the schedules page on BA. I think I will definitely book one today. Flexibility definitely is something we are mastering. Appreciate your response.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Given the lockdowns across Europe, it is likely that more flights will be cancelled. We don’t really know the schedule this far out. I’m curious, why would you not book this as a single ticket instead of two separate ones?
That makes sense, thank you. I was curious if anyone could see if the flights that are no longer showing as available to book are because they are fully booked or have been cancelled (not sure how to check that out myself). Our original flight is a 2-4-1 voucher and I have been told that we can't add another booking to that same flight number. We also didn't plan to be moving from the UK to Stockholm at the time of the original booking.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I see. I would add a big time buffer between the two in that case.
mikeyfly and nicki108 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by nicki108
Hi! My husband and I will be returning to Stockholm from the USA via LHR. I haven't booked our flight from LHR-ARN yet as I was waiting to see is our AUS-LHR flight was going ahead (it isn't). After the latest lockdown was announced a few days later I noticed flights from LHR - ARN were 'unavailable' from Nov 25 - Dec 7th. Then the next day they became available again (some days with reduced frequency). I just looked and there seem to be more days becoming unavailable again during that period. would anyone know if these are cancellations? Would it be possible that they all get cancelled? Thank you for any insight you can offer.
I have a booking for late November and I have been checking the flights to ensure they are still operating and saw the same as you. All flights were pulled from 25 November to 7 December and it stayed that way for a good few days actually.

Yesterday or the day before, it all changed to what others have said - three times a week on Friday, Sunday and Monday for the lockdown period through to the start of December.

I would say that the flights as they stand now will go ahead.
nicki108 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 9:05 am

if you could find Avios availability on all the flights you need then you could request an future travel voucher and then rebook - topping up the Avios as required
nicki108 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I have a booking for late November and I have been checking the flights to ensure they are still operating and saw the same as you. All flights were pulled from 25 November to 7 December and it stayed that way for a good few days actually.

Yesterday or the day before, it all changed to what others have said - three times a week on Friday, Sunday and Monday for the lockdown period through to the start of December.

I would say that the flights as they stand now will go ahead.
Thank you! We went ahead and booked on one of the flights.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
if you could find Avios availability on all the flights you need then you could request an future travel voucher and then rebook - topping up the Avios as required
Thank you for this info. We booked the flight that gave us the longest transit time 2 hr 40 min. I did check to see if they had avios (before I read your comment) availability but they did not for that flight.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Deleted
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
I haven't looked but would hopping to DFW them taking a direct AA flight to ARN work as an alternative?
Yes, but I seem to recall a Companion Voucher was in the mix, plus the original ticketing was to LHR. And ARN is more than 300 miles. I didn't show all my workings-out in my previous reply.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by nicki108
Thank you! We went ahead and booked on one of the flights.
If your flight gets cancelled try and keep the rebooking finger calm. BA allows you to rebook cancelled flights, but they don't force you to do so immediately. Having a cancelled flight allows you to wait until close enough to your departure date to rebook to a flight that you know will work best with your Austin flight (which may also be shifted).
nicki108 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:59 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
There is no lockdown in Sweden and there hasn’t been. There is some strong advice - that the majority are reportedly following though.

BA have between 1-3 flights a week until early December, and Sweden remains open for business.

For the OP, SAS are supposedly running a daily flight but I’d only even think of booking them a couple of days ahead as their schedule is click bait - they pretend to run stuff, then cancel and you have to chargeback to get any refund. The onboard product with SAS Ireland is also awful, so best to use BA if you can.
esledo and nicki108 like this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club, , Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DFB_london
There is no lockdown in Sweden and there hasn’t been.
There is. Albeit on a regional basis, often described differently, and very widely ignored.

https://www.krisinformation.se/en/ha...d-restrictions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.